Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Colemania wrote: »
    I've already given the walkovers for the Lyon games for this week.

Would everyone in Group A prefer if I just do all the walkovers for the rest of the league now or just give the walkovers in the weeks they occur so people know how many games they've left to play in a certain gameweek?

I think it would probably be better to do all the walkovers now so people know how many games they have on teams around them, particularly if they're chasing a team or a spot above them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Will be online to play Marseille tonight I presume I just get the 3 points for Lyon in the other game

You pretty much get a walkover playing Marseille too. Thank got for pizzaburn, my only win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Cienciano wrote: »
    You pretty much get a walkover playing Marseille too. Thank got for pizzaburn, my only win!

2 man of the match performances from alotoflaggovic , like playing in the matrix haha.

The closest i came to my "Lyon moment" of dropping out tbh

It Still hurts .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lads I finally got my broadband sorted as of yesterday, I've no problem taking back over Lyon and playing all the matches needed to make up.

I know it's a lot of games so if you'd just prefer to write them off then I understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Lads I finally got my broadband sorted as of yesterday, I've no problem taking back over Lyon and playing all the matches needed to make up.

I know it's a lot of games so if you'd just prefer to write them off then I understand.

It's 14 games to play so it'll be an awful lot plus some people mightn't be on until the weekend to play you. Only 4 games left after this week too

• Advertisement

It's 14 games to play so it'll be an awful lot plus some people mightn't be on until the weekend to play you. Only 4 games left after this week too

Oh it's grand so I didn't know the league was so close to finishing, just thought I'd give the offer anyway seen as it was me who dropped out initially.

Oh it's grand so I didn't know the league was so close to finishing, just thought I'd give the offer anyway seen as it was me who dropped out initially.

Sound man. Sure the next league won't be far away anyway!

Have a few friendlies with people in the group in the meantime. Boards standard is pretty high

Have a few friendlies with people in the group in the meantime. Boards standard is pretty high

I'll be up for a few anyway if anyone needs a warm up game before their league game, just give me a shout PSN is the same as my user here or even add me back into the group.

I'll be up for a few anyway if anyone needs a warm up game before their league game, just give me a shout PSN is the same as my user here or even add me back into the group.

You're back in.

• Advertisement

West Ham and Ajax in Group B. Could ye try and organise the 5 games you each need to play over the weekend? I'll be announcing another 2 tomorrow so that'll put ye 7 behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

West Ham and Ajax in Group B. Could ye try and organise the 5 games you each need to play over the weekend? I'll be announcing another 2 tomorrow so that'll put ye 7 behind

Yup my bad, wasnt at the home house last weekend so didnt get a chance to play the league. I'll be on all night friday, gone the saturday but free then all day sunday and monday. Apologies if people are waiting on me

I'm finally up to date with my fixtures. Feels good man

I only noticed the other day that Besiktas got in Vagner Love to replace Tosun!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm sure they both had a game organised with me but I wasn't able to get on again recently so one game in their respective backlogs is my fault. :pac: :)

Should be available tonight, Saturday and Sunday anyway. Friday could be dodgy what with Cork City playing their first home game of the season. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I only noticed the other day that Besiktas got in Vagner Love to replace Tosun!

I'm actually happy with Southampton's dealings. I never really got to play with VVD so I don't miss him at all (plus we tend to defend in numbers anyway so he's not all that important (when he did play anyway! :pac:)).

Carrillo I'm definitely happy with though. Tall lad up front with Long (also quite the physical presence himself) playing off him. I like playing with that combination. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Ajax here. Will be around Friday and Saturday afternoons, Sunday evening, and Monday day til about 7pm. After that I should be online a lot for the rest of the week. Will PM people I have fixtures with to try and arrange times.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm actually happy with Southampton's dealings. I never really got to play with VVD so I don't miss him at all (plus we tend to defend in numbers anyway so he's not all that important (when he did play anyway! :pac:)).

Carrillo I'm definitely happy with though. Tall lad up front with Long (also quite the physical presence himself) playing off him. I like playing with that combination. :)

Pity you didn't get to use VVD. He starts for me in myclub, a beast in the air

Got another black ball, Pique. Weak link is my LB, kieran gibbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'll be on before and after the cup final tommorow if Leipzig or Shaktar are around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Torino here. Should be on tomorrow if Leipzig, Shakhtar or Valencia are around :)

Finally got around to updating the top scorers!

They're up on the website now but because I kept ye all waiting, I'll post them here too

2dgvmop.png

2mpyc5k.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

28 goals for Jonas :eek:

Shane Long the top Irish goalscorer.

:pac:

Though I was doing ok with 8 goals in group A. Then I scrolled down

I know it's been stated previously and maybe I'm picking this up wrong, but it does seem like interest in this league is way down compared to the first one. I realise maybe people are busy with work and life over the past few months compared to the end of last year so this may lend to this also.

So in saying this, we'll properly brainstorm ideas ahead of the next league to keep it fresh and to be honest, I think with 10 teams per group, it's really drawing out the league. Maybe something a bit shorter and therefore fit in possibly a new original league every 2 months/6 weeks?

I know with this league, people didn't like the teams they got and some teams had awful luck with form so I can understand why the willingness to get online to play games wouldn't be so high.

Also, we need to do something about these poor connections. I'd say a good fifth of the people in the league have a poor connection often and it's not fair on their opponents or themselves to be honest. I know at times this can't be helped and I like having a good group for this league but if there's a possible fix for the internet connection, e.g. using home plugs to plug directly into the PS4, then use it. Also, I notice a lot of people are struggling through a game with bad connection and end up with an unfavourable result because of it. If the connection is really that bad, pause the game and arrange to reschedule.

Lastly, I'm not going to name and shame but I have to issue this warning to all. I have experienced in my group and heard from others in Group B that there have been occasions of foul play during games. What I mean by this is 1 team taking the lead and then passing around the back and/or going all out defence. Another example being players through on goal and hacked down by sliding tackles on every occasion. This needs to be cut out altogether. It completely ruins the game for me and on the occasion this happened to me, I was absolutely livid.......over a feckin computer game!! :D Don't ruin it for everyone else anyway, we all want to enjoy games!

Though I was doing ok with 8 goals in group A. Then I scrolled down

A lot of high scoring wins against Nice (Sorry Jipo) there are distorting it massively!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Just a quick question, is everyone in the group chat? have the app on their phone? Tried to get games going friday/sunday and last night but not sure if the lads are on it so might not be getting the shout outs

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Just a quick question, is everyone in the group chat? have the app on their phone? Tried to get games going friday/sunday and last night but not sure if the lads are on it so might not be getting the shout outs

Everyone should be on it ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

AidoEirE wrote: »

I'm not on it. It's on Whatsapp?

Advertisement