Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm not on it. It's on Whatsapp?

It's a PlayStation chat group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I'm not on it. It's on Whatsapp?

My bad. Thought I added you way back! You're added now anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote:
    So in saying this, we'll properly brainstorm ideas ahead of the next league to keep it fresh and to be honest, I think with 10 teams per group, it's really drawing out the league. Maybe something a bit shorter and therefore fit in possibly a new original league every 2 months/6 weeks?

I think this is a massive factor as people down the leagues are losing a little motivation.

I think the World Cup suggestion a while back was a good one. I was initially thinking that an international tournament would be brilliant anyway, but obviously the range of teams starwise makes it difficult, but that suggestion seems quite plausible.

I'd probably ignore the goalscorers for that though as managing the tournament system would be enough to have on the plate. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Passing around the back to waste time is the single most annoying thing you can do in the game. Building up from the back is different. I haven't seen anyone do it in the league, but reckon I'd rage quit if it did! Hacking down doesn't bother me tbh.

But I'll admit that league interest from me is lacking because I'm doing shít, not because of league format! But its still a good idea to mix the format up

To be honest, I'd like to be able to pick a different team almost every game, therefore being able to avoid bad form. Also putting in a rule that you can't pick the same team twice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote:
    Passing around the back to waste time is the single most annoying thing you can do in the game. Building up from the back is different. I haven't seen anyone do it in the league, but reckon I'd rage quit if it did! Hacking down doesn't bother me tbh.

I wouldn't even be able to pass it around the back as I'd only mess it up and concede!

Hoof it long to good auld Shane. He'll know what to do with it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wilberto wrote: »
    I wouldn't even be able to pass it around the back as I'd only mess it up and concede!

Hoof it long to good auld Shane. He'll know what to do with it! :pac:

Nothing sweeter than intercepting a pass from someone passing around the back and scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Hacking down doesn't bother me either, I've done it and had it done against me. No issue with it as I appreciate a good "tactical" foul :)

Some lads will blame anything in the case of a defeat. I've lost three games, fair and square. Get back up and play the next one.

Yes, the passing around the back to run the clock down is very frustrating but I haven't encountered anyone who does that in our league (and I definitely don't!) :)

Definitely open to ideas for the next season and the format it takes. Some good suggestions have been made. It's a pity the interest has waned a little this time but it might pick right back up when the groups finish and we enter the Champions Cup / Shield?

I hope so anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Cienciano wrote: »
    Nothing sweeter than intercepting a pass from someone passing around the back and scoring

I think I've conceded a goal like this in Every game i have lost so far lol

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Hacking down doesn't bother me either, I've done it and had it done against me. No issue with it as I appreciate a good "tactical" foul :)

Some lads will blame anything in the case of a defeat. I've lost three games, fair and square. Get back up and play the next one.

Yes, the passing around the back to run the clock down is very frustrating but I haven't encountered anyone who does that in our league (and I definitely don't!) :)

Definitely open to ideas for the next season and the format it takes. Some good suggestions have been made. It's a pity the interest has waned a little this time but it might pick right back up when the groups finish and we enter the Champions Cup / Shield?

I hope so anyway :)

Similarly, I have nothing against a "tactical foul" as well really as they are running the risk of a red card. :)

Interest probably will pick up for the knockouts as well as we'll be out of the group stage which seems like they've been going on forever! :pac: :pac:

As for losing games, I know exactly the reason why I've lost so many games.......

.....manual controls.

Well come on, what did you expect me to say! I like having excuses! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

What about running the league in a champions league type format and seeding the groups depending on the previous league.

Whoever finishes top of the group goes through and whoever finishes second can go into a playoff type system depending on group numbers etc. With the bottom two teams going into the shield.

Maybe each person can only use a team once and the lower seeds get to choose from a higher star rating then the higher seeds from this season. Like for example higher seeds can only choose from 4 star and the lower seeds can choose from 4.5. Something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

What about running the league in a champions league type format and seeding the groups depending on the previous league.

Whoever finishes top of the group goes through and whoever finishes second can go into a playoff type system depending on group numbers etc. With the bottom two teams going into the shield.

Maybe each person can only use a team once and the lower seeds get to choose from a higher star rating then the higher seeds from this season. Like for example higher seeds can only choose from 4 star and the lower seeds can choose from 4.5. Something like that

That sounds like a good idea. Would make it very interesting and you would be using a different team in every game so at least you'd never be bored or sick of your team.

Lads if ye want, ye can play your final fixtures. It might suit people who are online this week and just want to get them out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I like this idea as well but I think being the same team is better than picking different teams even if I do have a love/hate relationship with Besiktas! It makes it more real feeling. Champions League format is good!

I like this idea as well but I think being the same team is better than picking different teams even if I do have a love/hate relationship with Besiktas! It makes it more real feeling. Champions League format is good!

Yeah, while I can definitely see the point of picking different teams, if we're planning on having a shorter season with less games, losing interest with a team shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I'd definitely be in favour of picking one team for the season. :) I'm after becoming a bit of a Southampton fan now!! :pac: :pac:

Don't mind me, just putting all my final few fixtures in one post for future reference! :)

Ajax (A)
    Schalke (H)
    Nice (A)

Okay, I was expecting to list more than three but I'll take that! :pac: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lazio here, should be around most of the weekend to play:

West Ham (A)
    Ajax (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    FC Schalke 04 (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Lazio here, should be around most of the weekend to play:

West Ham (A)
    Ajax (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    FC Schalke 04 (A)

Will definitely get you this weekend, was a good game our last one.

I've got
    Yourself
    Nice ( H & A)
    Ajax (H & A)
    Benfica (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Will definitely get you this weekend, was a good game our last one.

I've got
    Yourself
    Nice ( H & A)
    Ajax (H & A)
    Benfica (A)

Ajax here, I'll be around a lot tomorrow and Friday to play fixtures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How can we see what clubs we have left to play? I have Sporting Lisbon from weeks ago but don’t know the last 2.

Stoke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

callaway92 wrote: »
    How can we see what clubs we have left to play? I have Sporting Lisbon from weeks ago but don’t know the last 2.

Stoke

League table page man, heres the link

http://boardspes.leaguerepublic.com/l/matches/954658950/1_553438455/-1/-1/-1/-1.html

callaway92 wrote: »

Stoke

Sporting
    Ajax
    Crystal Palace

It's on the website that's linked under each announcement of fixtures on Fridays. You can click on your team also to see your results and fixtures

Still a lot of games to be played lads. I intend on starting the playoffs and quarter finals next Friday so try and get all games played by then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No problem picking a team every game :) but I did (intially) enjoy getting used to a new team with Bilbao , I like the idea of havin a limit of how often you can use a new team though

Stryker mcqueen - Just in relation to your comment on the match report, you don't need valencia to beat me to qualify. Top 5 qualify for Champions Cup with the 4th and 5th placed team going into a playoff. So 4th place in Group A will play 5th place in Group B and 5th place in Group A will play 4th place in Group B.

Winner of the playoff will play one of the 1st placed teams from either Group in the quarter final.

So in essence, the top 5 in Group A can't change as no team can creep into the top 5 at this stage. Looks like we're both destined for playoffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Colemania wrote: »
    Stryker mcqueen - Just in relation to your comment on the match report, you don't need valencia to beat me to qualify. Top 5 qualify for Champions Cup with the 4th and 5th placed team going into a playoff. So 4th place in Group A will play 5th place in Group B and 5th place in Group A will play 4th place in Group B.

Winner of the playoff will play one of the 1st placed teams from either Group in the quarter final.

So in essence, the top 5 in Group A can't change as no team can creep into the top 5 at this stage. Looks like we're both destined for playoffs!

oh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Valencia here lads I'll be on this even never got a chance to play torino last night if you on this evening give me a shout looking for Leicester and Porto as well that's my last 3 fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Valencia here lads I'll be on this even never got a chance to play torino last night if you on this evening give me a shout looking for Leicester and Porto as well that's my last 3 fixtures

Torino here. I should be on or available either side of the united game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Torino here. I should be on or available either side of the united game tonight.

No panic I'm around all evening just drop me a message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

KennyG192 wrote: »
    No panic I'm around all evening just drop me a message
    Leicester here. I'll be around any evening from tomorrow onwards. I need to play yourself and Marseille and then I'm finished.

Advertisement