Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sorry lads, when do ye reckon the next season will be kicking off? Interested in participating if that's cool? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Nailz wrote: »
    Sorry lads, when do ye reckon the next season will be kicking off? Interested in participating if that's cool? :)

Group stages coming to a close now so on to the quarter finals then on Friday. So at this rate, I'd say the next league will be starting some time in April.

We'll be brainstorming ideas for the next league also so feel free to contribute whenever

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Ajax will be around all day and evening tomorrow and Wednesday if anyone due to play them is around. I have 5 fixtures left to play, would like to get them all played over the next couple of days if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Game left for lazio :
    West Ham (A)
    Schalke (A)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Cannot wait for the next league.

Have really had enough of Torino and their three players!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I've enjoyed the league in it's current format, even though I'm in the relegation zone. The first 3 or 4 matches I was kind of playing on the fly, line up and tacticallly, with Ajax. Then I figured out some tactics and a starting 11 and some subs I was happy with. Still didn't get great results! But was playing more coherently having got used to the Ajax team. Changed formation again and have had a couple of decent results since.
    The long and winded point being I've enjoyed playing with Ajax. It helps that they play in a league where they'll always be in good form. They've been rated B since I've noticed, I imagine it must be frustrating dealing with a team full of red form arrows!
    Open to new ideas and formats, just an observation about my journey with Ajax (to the relegation zone)
    Also, awesome job Colemania for organising it, and keeping on organising it. Fair Fúcking play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I think Payet was in negative form in every game but one for Marseille. :pac:
    But fair play to colemania alright, the league is updated really quick and having to deal with top scorer looks like a nightmare.
    Actually, the league is updated too quickly, sometimes after a win I check the league and think "nice one, with the 3 points I should move up a place", but the league has already been updated!

That reminds me, I have to update the top scorers again but I'm not that far behind now. I might wait until the group stages are finished on Friday because I'm back in Limerick for an exam today and tomorrow.

Also, unfortunately I won't be able to do the match previews for the playoffs and quarter finals so if anyone wants to do them, feel free. There's 8 quarter finals and 2 playoffs so I just don't have the time to do them all.

Should be able to them for the finals alright, we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Zaza has scored 9 in his last 3 surely he's back up near the top of the list again 😎

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Zaza has scored 9 in his last 3 surely he's back up near the top of the list again 😎

Definitely top of Group A. Don't think Jonas can be caught though! Also, I'm going to have to ban him for using performance enhancing drugs. Zaza should never be a top scorer in any league! :D

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Definitely top of Group A. Don't think Jonas can be caught though! Also, I'm going to have to ban him for using performance enhancing drugs. Zaza should never be a top scorer in any league! :D

He actually scored in a 2 nil win against betis on Sunday first goal for him in an age 😂

Valencia here I'll be online this evening might be a bit late but I'll be on , need to play Leicester and Porto to finish off the league campaign

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Valencia here I'll be online this evening might be a bit late but I'll be on , need to play Leicester and Porto to finish off the league campaign

In Limerick and won't be home until late so probably best to play tomorrow or Friday night. If I can get on tonight, I'll let you know

In Limerick and won't be home until late so probably best to play tomorrow or Friday night. If I can get on tonight, I'll let you know

If you can make it on just give me a shout ðŸ‘

Ok so, we may be encountering a problem here with the group stages.....

Group B........there are some teams with 5 or 6 games yet to play and as I mentioned previously, you only have until tomorrow night to get them played. I think people might be fed up and just want to get on with the shield games and basically not try to move positions.

Well lads to be honest, it's not fair to do that, especially when some people can change positions in the top 5 also, therefore possibly avoiding a playoff.

Anyway, if they don't get played, no team will be awarded the points for the game and it's gonna put a strike on your name. I don't want this happening again so for anyone that hasn't finished their games by Friday night, if it happens again, I'll have to strongly consider not allowing you to join future leagues.

If you look at our rivals league on boards, you'll see I'm actually being quite fair. If you fall about 5 games behind at any point, you're disqualified and from what I know, you're not allowed back.

Thanks lads!

I think champions league weeks puts a slowdown in games! Also, I can speak from experience, when you're doing shíte, it's hard to get the motivation to play a game! I played az1234 (Leicester) last night but the results thread isn't updated. He paid me €20 to let him win to give him a shot at the league win. :pac:

Going to be a big one between Leicester and Valencia. Valencia Porto to come too. Lads, break zaza's legs, it's the only way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ok so, we may be encountering a problem here with the group stages.....

Group B........there are some teams with 5 or 6 games yet to play and as I mentioned previously, you only have until tomorrow night to get them played. I think people might be fed up and just want to get on with the shield games and basically not try to move positions.

Well lads to be honest, it's not fair to do that, especially when some people can change positions in the top 5 also, therefore possibly avoiding a playoff.

Anyway, if they don't get played, no team will be awarded the points for the game and it's gonna put a strike on your name. I don't want this happening again so for anyone that hasn't finished their games by Friday night, if it happens again, I'll have to strongly consider not allowing you to join future leagues.

If you look at our rivals league on boards, you'll see I'm actually being quite fair. If you fall about 5 games behind at any point, you're disqualified and from what I know, you're not allowed back.

Thanks lads!

Yup im one of those, been on to the lads this week about our games. Jumping on against ajax now before we both have to work.
    Lazio is arranged for friday night.
    Nice i don't know what the story is, ive messaged him privately and on the boards group chat repeatedly for a good few weeks with zero response. I cant play someone who has shown zero interest in wanting to play me so i dont know what to do there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

AidoEirE wrote: »

Are you West Ham or Schalke so I know who I have to go looking for.

Are you West Ham or Schalke so I know who I have to go looking for.

West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Yup im one of those, been on to the lads this week about our games. Jumping on against ajax now before we both have to work.
    Nice i don't know what the story is, ive messaged him privately and on the boards group chat repeatedly for a good few weeks with zero response. I cant play someone who has shown zero interest in wanting to play me so i dont know what to do there.

Nice here! I can do tonight.

I wouldn't say zero response, you messaged me yesterday, I haven't been online since then.

tbf I turned off notifcations on my phone one night cause the group chat was hopping at like 12:30AM and I had work the next day, and I cannot figure out how to turn the notifications back on!

Anyway, Nice will be online all evening for anyone I need to play, and I'll reach out to whoever that is later......

• Advertisement

Thanks lads!

In fairness, if you decide to not finish out your games, I don't think it's unfair to prohibit them from future leagues. Some players have pushed through with crap teams they don't enjoy playing as, teams in appalling form, constant losses and always said thanks and good game afterwards.

Also, no team should be allowed fall more than 2/3 games behind in the final two gameweeks. Nobody should have multiple games in hand on those around them and thus know what they need to do whilst others break their back to play on time.

In fairness, if you decide to not finish out your games, I don't think it's unfair to prohibit them from future leagues. Some players have pushed through with crap teams they don't enjoy playing as, teams in appalling form, constant losses and always said thanks and good game afterwards.

Also, no team should be allowed fall more than 2/3 games behind in the final two gameweeks. Nobody should have multiple games in hand on those around them and thus know what they need to do whilst others break their back to play on time.

I'll probably throw in the towel after this season. Dont like to keep people waiting for our game especially if they or i miss a weekend then it builds up. My timetable doesnt suit the league as weekdays are pretty impossible for me and its not fair on the people that can play. I'm sure it'll benefit someone else in my spot who can jump on in the evenings

Nice here! I can do tonight.

I wouldn't say zero response, you messaged me yesterday, I haven't been online since then.

tbf I turned off notifcations on my phone one night cause the group chat was hopping at like 12:30AM and I had work the next day, and I cannot figure out how to turn the notifications back on!

Anyway, Nice will be online all evening for anyone I need to play, and I'll reach out to whoever that is later......

Tbf fair man, was in the group chat calling out to see if you were there for a few weeks. Was getting to the point of chasing you where i got nothing back. I shouldnt be the only one who has to try and organise it. Game has been needed to be played since week 2. You clearly seen the messages so but decided not to message back.

Cant do tonight, if your around tomorrow night then sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Tbf fair man, was in the group chat calling out to see if you were there for a few weeks. Was getting to the point of chasing you where i got nothing back. I shouldnt be the only one who has to try and organise it. Game has been needed to be played since week 2. You clearly seen the messages so but decided not to message back.

Cant do tonight, if your around tomorrow night then sound

Looking at our private messages on PSN, it was me reaching out to you 1st on Feb 10th, so it is not fair to say it is one way, you weren't pushed about playing due to your form being E, we both then agreed to re-arrange to another date.

I don't comb the group chat looking for to see when the last time someone called me out was, I can't do tomorrow, Free Saturday and Sunday aswel.

Looking at our private messages on PSN, it was me reaching out to you 1st on Feb 10th, so it is not fair to say it is one way, you weren't pushed about playing due to your form being E, we both then agreed to re-arrange to another date.

I don't comb the group chat looking for to see when the last time someone called me out was, I can't do tomorrow, Free Saturday and Sunday aswel.

Well thats where i post them, not really about combing the chat tbf, Fair enough were both to blame and leavw it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Well thats where i post them, not really about combing the chat tbf, Fair enough were both to blame and leavw it at that

This is like Ferguson v Mourinho:pac::pac::pac:

Can I watch this game when it does go ahead , 6/5 over 25 card points

I'll probably throw in the towel after this season. Dont like to keep people waiting for our game especially if they or i miss a weekend then it builds up. My timetable doesnt suit the league as weekdays are pretty impossible for me and its not fair on the people that can play. I'm sure it'll benefit someone else in my spot who can jump on in the evenings

I think there's a difference though between someone like you who doesn't suit weekdays and someone who's just not bothering. I don't think you should quit over it. Weekends rarely suit me but I happily make time for someone who just physically can't do weekdays.

I think in the last league you fell behind quite a bit, which you messaged me about in advance, and then you played something like 8 games over the weekend! Don't think you should drop out. Just establish from the get go what days suit.

To help this, I might even announce 4 fixtures every 2 weeks so people who can get ahead when they're free, which can be the case some nights. I remember seeing about 14 from the league on one friday night and there were some appearing offline too :D Excellent stuff :)

I think there's a difference though between someone like you who doesn't suit weekdays and someone who's just not bothering. I don't think you should quit over it. Weekends rarely suit me but I happily make time for someone who just physically can't do weekdays.

Aw yeah, big man coming on here bragging that he has a social life. I'm free pretty much every Friday and Saturday

In fairness, it can be awkward to organise games but most people are sound about late cancellations. I had about 6 to catch up on at one point. I might think I have the TV free for a few hours and then the wife comes home early so have to cancel. I think the best thing is to have the PSN messenger app and find out how to turn on/off notifications. If you're not available, out in the pub like Exclamation Marc just turn them off. If you are just send a group message with your team name and say if you're available. You don't even have to your PS4 on, you might be watching Netflix at home but if someone is around you can pause and get online to get fixture played.

That's how I organised my game against az1234 last night. Another thing, if you have a game against someone, just directly message them, no point in spamming the group with loads of messages about sending invites when it's just to one person. I think messaging the group when you're in co-op games is fine.

Personally, I have no sounds on the phone notification except for invites. But I get an icon in the notification bar for any unread messages so it's not really intrusive at all. I usually read messages even if I'm in the pub. But that's because I have no social life :(

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Aw yeah, big man coming on here bragging that he has a social life. I'm free pretty much every Friday and Saturday...

... But that's because I have no social life :(

Would you like to come to the pub? :D

Advertisement