Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's how I organised my game against az1234 last night. Another thing, if you have a game against someone, just directly message them, no point in spamming the group with loads of messages about sending invites when it's just to one person. I think messaging the group when you're in co-op games is fine.

Can't emphasise this enough! I appreciate the communication between everyone and the craic had on the chat but if 2 people are setting up a game, be it for the league or a 1v1 friendly and there's going to be loads of back and forths, try stick to private messages between the 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Colemania wrote: »
    I think in the last league you fell behind quite a bit, which you messaged me about in advance, and then you played something like 8 games over the weekend! Don't think you should drop out. Just establish from the get go what days suit.

To help this, I might even announce 4 fixtures every 2 weeks so people who can get ahead when they're free, which can be the case some nights. I remember seeing about 14 from the league on one friday night and there were some appearing offline too :D Excellent stuff :)

that weekend lost the majority as well 😅 yeah fair enough, was on track this season just the last two weeks could be played anytime and probably made it look like i had more catching up than i should.
    I'll decide after the cup games and see how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

So....... is deadline Friday? cause it looks myself and Aido wont get played till Saturday or Sunday, and just talking to niallym he's working this evening, and I'm working now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Would you like to come to the pub? :D

I'm actually out tomorrow, first time in ages! I have young kids, so don't get the chance often. Actually, few times I had to put down the controller because a child starts crying because of "nightmares"! Usually the second I start a game crying starts. And that's just me, daughter is fine

So....... is deadline Friday? cause it looks myself and Aido wont get played till Saturday or Sunday, and just talking to niallym he's working this evening, and I'm working now....

Arrange to get games played between now and Saturday night and then come back to me.

If anyone else has a problem playing tonight or tomorrow, arrange games for Saturday but anyone that can play before Friday night, get them played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I think in the last league you fell behind quite a bit, which you messaged me about in advance, and then you played something like 8 games over the weekend! Don't think you should drop out. Just establish from the get go what days suit.

To help this, I might even announce 4 fixtures every 2 weeks so people who can get ahead when they're free, which can be the case some nights. I remember seeing about 14 from the league on one friday night and there were some appearing offline too :D Excellent stuff :)

Yeah that's a good idea there are nights people are on and they can't seem to play each other because they don't have a fixture. Or maybe release a good few fixtures and people can play max three a week or something, that way whoever is online can play each other. I know some people have fell behind on fixtures but I don't think it was through lack of effort to be fair. I've seen everyone looking for games or making an effort.

As for teams and form , I feel all the teams are even enough nobody has a team that is miles better than anyone else. Yeah its a pain playing with e form but we all have to put up with bad form. I feel in this league everyone is capable of beating each other and sometimes you're going to play someone else and there going to play well and they win.
    We can all blame form, team selection or whatever but to be fair in this league when someone loses, they just congratulate the other person and I find the atmosphere of the group good.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think champions league weeks puts a slowdown in games! Also, I can speak from experience, when you're doing shíte, it's hard to get the motivation to play a game! I played az1234 (Leicester) last night but the results thread isn't updated. He paid me €20 to let him win to give him a shot at the league win. :pac:

Going to be a big one between Leicester and Valencia. Valencia Porto to come too. Lads, break zaza's legs, it's the only way

Hoping zaza does the business and I finish strong top of the league!
    Hon Valencia!

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Hoping zaza does the business and I finish strong top of the league!
    Hon Valencia!

Destined for playoffs, be it 4th or 5th place so I've no motivation for this last game. Let zaza do his worst :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

When's season 3 starting? :)

When's season 3 starting? :)

Most likely in April

• Advertisement

I've got West Ham x 2 Aido, Southampton wilberto and Ajax niallym left to play.

Apologies I didn't realise I had so many left, playing nial tomorrow and wilberto is usually around. So hopefully finish Saturday with aido

Apologies I didn't realise I had so many left, playing nial tomorrow and wilberto is usually around. So hopefully finish Saturday with aido

You already played Lazio twice. Why did you play him again? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

He didn't play Lazio :pac: Although I'd be more than happy to take a free 4-1 win :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yeah I should be around tomorrow anyway. Wasn't online at all today or yesterday as I had exams, plus a removal and a funeral as well on top of that.

:)

He didn't play Lazio :pac: Although I'd be more than happy to take a free 4-1 win :D

Ah I see now. Didn't read the report. Schalke it is :D

Great catchup with the games yesterday lads! Not much left now, 2 in Group A and 6 in Group B.

Has everyone organised to play their games tonight? I know West Ham v Nice double header is happening tomorrow night but the rest should get played tonight.

If all games are played tonight, with the exception of the West Ham V Nice games, and if those results won't affect their final placings, I'll draw up the quarter final and playoff ties tonight. Most likely it'll be tomorrow night by the time everything is finalised.

For those in and around the playoff positions, i.e. Shakhtar and myself (Porto) in Group A and Lazio and Schalke in Group B for Champions Cup; Athletic Bilbao in Group A and Nice and Southampton in Group B in the Shield. Bare in mind that you need to get the playoff and subsequent quarter final (for playoff winners) played between tomorrow and the following Saturday so don't leave the playoff until late in the week. Those holding off waiting for form changes will be disqualified unless there is genuine reason they can't play before next Thursday (when the form changes)

P.S. 9th place in Group B gets a bye to the quarter final due to Lyon dropping out so as it stands, Southampton will be straight to the quarter final

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

P.S. 9th place in Group B gets a bye to the quarter final due to Lyon dropping out so as it stands, Southampton will be straight to the quarter final

Yaaayy!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

My (Lazio) final 2 games (West Ham and Schalke) are due to be played tonight anyway. Ive sent messages to both lads and as soon as they are online we'll get them done.

Just missing the Leicester and Valencia report from last night if one of ye could post it up.

Any idea around what time Nice and West Ham are playing? Tonight is it? Just so I know when I can start putting up the playoff and quarter final draws.

I might stick up a provisional draw as there is already quite a few games confirmed and people can get on with those games over the weekend if they're free

Just missing the Leicester and Valencia report from last night if one of ye could post it up.

Any idea around what time Nice and West Ham are playing? Tonight is it? Just so I know when I can start putting up the playoff and quarter final draws.

I might stick up a provisional draw as there is already quite a few games confirmed and people can get on with those games over the weekend if they're free

I'll be home at about 7 I can do the report then but Leicester are home so if az gets a chance before hand work away

• Advertisement

KennyG192 wrote: »
    I'll be home at about 7 I can do the report then but Leicester are home so if az gets a chance before hand work away

Result was 4-2 to Valencia ya?

Ya 4 2 valencia

Ok lads, I've drawn up the Champions Cup and Shield games but the cup chart I used to post last league is all over the shop because of the way the playoffs work so i'll only post the chart once the playoffs are finished so it'll look tidier.

I'll post the provisional fixtures here but until West Ham and Nice play their games today, the following teams can't play their quarter finals: Marseille, Besiktas, Ajax and West Ham.

Anyway, the fixtures are as follows:

PES Champions Cup

10o1ddy.png

PES Shield

2lmt3r9.png

Working off the assumption that West Ham will jump ahead of Ajax if they get 1 win from their 2 games to play

Ok lads, I've drawn up the Champions Cup and Shield games but the cup chart I used to post last league is all over the shop because of the way the playoffs work so i'll only post the chart once the playoffs are finished so it'll look tidier.

I'll post the provisional fixtures here but until West Ham and Nice play their games today, the following teams can't play their quarter finals: Marseille, Besiktas, Ajax and West Ham.

Anyway, the fixtures are as follows:

PES Champions Cup

10o1ddy.png

PES Shield

2lmt3r9.png

Working off the assumption that West Ham will jump ahead of Ajax if they get 1 win from their 2 games to play

Again well done man for effort put in this. I know myself ive left it late for games (again) but dont take that as a lack of apprecitation. Top man for putting time into this, fair play to you sir

Tilted whats up?

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Tilted whats up?

Morning?

Morning?

Game? Been msging u for a while about our game.

And hibernation again...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

Sorry I completely forgot to post it as I had to head away after the game. I'll throw up the result now just for completeness.

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    And hibernation again...

Lads stop spamming the thread. Keep it in private messages

Advertisement