Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Top Scorers updated now on the website. I've also added the spreadsheet itself to Documents on the site if anyone wants to look at the full thing and see all their scorers and play around with the spreadsheet

Jonas finished top scorer in Group B with 33 goals in 18 games while Zaza finished top scorer in Group A with 25 goals in 16 games (due to Lyon pulling out there was 2 less games)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote: »
    Top Scorers updated now on the website. I've also added the spreadsheet itself to Documents on the site if anyone wants to look at the full thing and see all their scorers and play around with the spreadsheet

Jonas finished top scorer in Group B with 33 goals in 18 games while Zaza finished top scorer in Group A with 25 goals in 16 games (due to Lyon pulling out there was 2 less games)

What?? So you mean Long didn't snatch the Golden Boot with his goal in the final game? Madness!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

FFS, I know we haven't had a great season, but I do think it was a little harsh to sack me.

Still 8 ties (16 games) to be played by Saturday night for the Shield and Cup including 1 playoff still to be played in the Champions Cup. Don't leave it until last minute or at least organise with Damok21 to play a potential quarter final should you win the playoff

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Pizzaburn. I'm around tonight if you want that game

• Advertisement

Playoffs are 2 legs lads. Winner to quarter final. Loser is out. Also, no away goals. Level after 2 legs means a 3rd leg with lowest time possible and penalties if still level after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Finally I can relinquish maybe the worst team on paper in this league! Freedom!

Stoke were brilliant! Well done mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Finally I can relinquish maybe the worst team on paper in this league! Freedom!

Stoke were brilliant! Well done mate!

Good games buddy, especially the second one. I actually think Stoke are the worst in the tournie by a mile on paper! haha

*cough*

Wilberto wrote: »
    *cough*

Tight between Stoke and Soton so imo. Stoke going down. Soton won't be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

callaway92 wrote: »
    Tight between Stoke and Soton so imo. Stoke going down. Soton won't be!

Mark Huges, Stokes old manager looks like he's first in line to take over Soton for the rest of the season :D

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Mark Huges, Stokes old manager looks like he's first in line to take over Soton for the rest of the season :D

I'd say the Soton fans are just sighing. (I'm a Hughes fan btw)

Player-for-player though Soton are a v decent side. Far better than the likes of Newcastle, Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham etc.

They'll stay up and would've done even if Pellegrino stayed there :p

Player-for-player though Soton are a v decent side. Far better than the likes of Newcastle, Huddersfield, Brighton, West Ham etc.

Yeah, I agree tbh. I was just looking for excuses! :pac:

Stoke probably have slightly better forwards though I'd say. I know Southampton added Carrillo was was a good addition for me, but other than that I've been playing with Shane Long who, in fairness, I have really enjoyed using for his strength and mobility, but he is still Shane Long! :pac:

Defensively and midfield Southampton are probably better. :)

Think brighton have been excellent this season, big fan of hughton, does very well with what ever club he's at with the team given, should never have been let go from newcastle.
    Player for player wise, i might have west ham on par with soton, just the players dont tend to show up for either club, some decent players at newcastle to.
    Relegation is so close this season, a week can change it so hughes might do a job yet for them

I'm gonna extend the deadline to play all quarter final games to tomorrow night because of Cheltenham and paddys weekend throwing things out of sync. Semi finals must be played between next Monday and Sunday then, but don't leave them until the last day if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Nice - Palace played midweek, palace won, Stephen said he was gonna upload highlights but I don't see them up yet.

Leipzig into the Shield final for 2 leagues running under 2 different owners. Group A still being represented also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Walter White / Damo, I should've told you last week but I've been in Stamford Bridge for a conference since Tuesday morning. I fly home tomorrow evening so might be online to play our semi-final tomorrow night (Friday) if you're available?

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Walter White / Damo, I should've told you last week but I've been in Stamford Bridge for a conference since Tuesday morning. I fly home tomorrow evening so might be online to play our semi-final tomorrow night (Friday) if you're available?

Conte's replacement :D Say hi to Hazard, Kante and the lads for us!

Palace vs Leipzig final for the Pes Shield.
    Get in palace and do it for Group B

• Advertisement

Congratulations to all finalists in both competitions. Luckycharms_74 and Beastermc in the Shield final and Walter.White and callaway92 in the Champions Cup final.

Obviously we already have 1 winner with Beastermc leading Crystal Palace to victory in the Shield so well done to him.

Walter.White will be representing the highly successful Limerick contingent in the Champions Cup final with Season 1 and 2 Shield winners both hailing from the mighty county. Pity Limerick can't be this successful elsewhere! :D

Best of luck Walter.White and callaway92!

Tipp vs Limerick in the final so!

I think we can start the brainstorming on ideas for the next league now, which I intend to start in a few weeks time.

We have to keep people interested this time around because games have been played far too slowly this league. I understand people get busy and when they become free, the other person mightn't be free but there's generally no excuse not to get a game played within the 7 days, unless you're out of the country.

The cup and shield competitions haven't run efficiently this time around but I've let it slide as we're at the latter stages of the league.

In terms of the next league, I'll be seeding teams based off performances in the last 2 leagues. Yes I'm aware some have only played 1 season and we may have newcomers who may have to be bottom seeds but I will make a judgement call on that when the time comes.

I won't start a sign up thread just yet as we have to decide on what kind of league we are doing first.

So post up any ideas you may have, repost ideas previously mentioned on the thread so as to keep them together also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The next 6 or so weeks are going to be an absolute nightmare for me College wise but I'd say I'll be able to play every Friday night anyway so I'll try my best to organise around that.

Weekdays will be pretty much a no go until May anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Colemania wrote: »
    I think we can start the brainstorming on ideas for the next league now, which I intend to start in a few weeks time.

We have to keep people interested this time around because games have been played far too slowly this league. I understand people get busy and when they become free, the other person mightn't be free but there's generally no excuse not to get a game played within the 7 days, unless you're out of the country.

The cup and shield competitions haven't run efficiently this time around but I've let it slide as we're at the latter stages of the league.

In terms of the next league, I'll be seeding teams based off performances in the last 2 leagues. Yes I'm aware some have only played 1 season and we may have newcomers who may have to be bottom seeds but I will make a judgement call on that when the time comes.

I won't start a sign up thread just yet as we have to decide on what kind of league we are doing first.

So post up any ideas you may have, repost ideas previously mentioned on the thread so as to keep them together also.

I think the organisation has been fairly spot on, I think one of the reasons this league wasn't as hyped as the last one was because PES was out for that much longer, people aren't as excited for the game as much, people are getting newer games and playing different things. Example, in the last league I could look in the PSN group and each evening there'd be at least 5 people playing PES, usually more. Now sometimes you get none, or one. You would always get a friendly with someone, now you'd struggle a lot of the time.
    What about a shorter competition this time, maybe something like groups of 4 like a mini world cup? It'll depends on numbers, but just to throw a suggestion out there. Even for the last league there was big debate on picking teams, should it be 3 or 4 star, now everyone seems to have overdosed on PES and the thread isn't too busy.
    Maybe a sign up thread and when we know how many are in, we can decide on format?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Cienciano wrote: »
    I think the organisation has been fairly spot on, I think one of the reasons this league wasn't as hyped as the last one was because PES was out for that much longer, people aren't as excited for the game as much, people are getting newer games and playing different things. Example, in the last league I could look in the PSN group and each evening there'd be at least 5 people playing PES, usually more. Now sometimes you get none, or one. You would always get a friendly with someone, now you'd struggle a lot of the time.
    What about a shorter competition this time, maybe something like groups of 4 like a mini world cup? It'll depends on numbers, but just to throw a suggestion out there. Even for the last league there was big debate on picking teams, should it be 3 or 4 star, now everyone seems to have overdosed on PES and the thread isn't too busy.
    Maybe a sign up thread and when we know how many are in, we can decide on format?
    Ya groups of 4 or 6 would keep it fresh

What about a shorter competition this time, maybe something like groups of 4 like a mini world cup? It'll depends on numbers, but just to throw a suggestion out there.

Noted! Keep throwing out suggestions lads!

I suppose the thread isn't busy at all over the last few weeks as since the Cup and Shield started, the games have completely slowed down and games aren't getting played in the week they're meant to be played. As such, there has only been 2 games (both legs of the Champions Cup final) to be played since the weekend before last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I don't know what teams to pick. Would international teams be a change? I never pick them, no idea what the strength and depth is like outside the top 5 teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Sorry David. I was away last weekend and my internet isn't working hoping to have it fixed soon though. I'll message you when its fixed and we can organise the final

• Advertisement

I don't know what teams to pick. Would international teams be a change? I never pick them, no idea what the strength and depth is like outside the top 5 teams.

It's a bit of a quandary because a lot of international teams, outside of the big 15 or so, may have fake names. I think Uruguay have fake names anyway but they'd be the biggest unlicensed team fro my knowledge.

At least with clubs, the player names are right even if the team names are wrong :P

Advertisement