Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Colemania wrote: »
    It's a bit of a quandary because a lot of international teams, outside of the big 15 or so, may have fake names. I think Uruguay have fake names anyway but they'd be the biggest unlicensed team fro my knowledge.

At least with clubs, the player names are right even if the team names are wrong :P

A champions league or world cup structure seems interesting. With team picks what about the option of only picking a team once, meaning you can change every match. You could limit it to 4.5 stars or exclude some teams if they are too strong. Maybe even give a bonus point to someone who wins with a team under 3 stars or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lovely stuff. I was too busy at the weekend too anyway. No rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I'd go along with a CL WC type group stages then knockout kind of set up. Picking a different team each round of matches is an idea I can get behind, but surely a logistical nightmare to arrange.
    I enjoyed the long format 10 team league, even though I finished well down the table. I'm biased though, as it was the first time I ever really gave PES a go online, and I grew in to really like playing with Ajax. They always had an A or B rating, I never suffered having loads of players on red arrows, which I know some of you had to contend with.
    Is there any way of switching live update off online out of interest? I know I can when playing a mate beside me on the same console. Probably not I guess due to licensing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Yeah I'd go for a CL type format as well. 
    Groups of 4, play each other twice. Top 2 go through. 3rd go into the 2nd tier competition and 4th goes into 3rd tier competition.
    I'd rather stick with the same team TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'g go for that format too, but only 1 team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Changing teams might be a pain in the arse to keep track of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    Changing teams might be a pain in the arse to keep track of.

I'd actually be for changing teams. Keeping track of top scorers was a right pain but keeping track of teams will be fine. I'll keep a table on the thread updated with the teams picked so you know who not to pick next time.

If we're doing the 1 team, it could get boring and I won't be keeping tabs of goal scorers again :D

Colemania wrote: »
    I'd actually be for changing teams. Keeping track of top scorers was a right pain but keeping track of teams will be fine. I'll keep a table on the thread updated with the teams picked so you know who not to pick next time.

If we're doing the 1 team, it could get boring and I won't be keeping tabs of goal scorers again :D

Yeah, top scorer is fairly meaningless tbh and not worth the hassle.
    I'm easy with teams, 1, 2 or different teams each time is grand if you reckon keeping track of it won't be a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah the CL format would be a nice change so would ben able to pick multiple teams

Personally I'd prefer to stay with the one team. I enjoyed gradually honing Ajax's starting 11 and subs and tactics, it was good craic getting to know a team I wouldn't normally play with. I still play with Ajax when I go online for a match thanks to the league! That said, picking different teams each round of fixtures is fine by me also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Are you around tonight David ? I could play tonight, can't play the rest of the weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think being able to change teams is a good idea. With the season coming to a close I'm not sure how form works (from memory) post season but it would be good to change it up.

I know some people have had decent enough teams and sticking with them probably was easy enough but if you get stuck with a damp squib of a team or a team with such limited depth that you have to play the same XI every game for the entire competition, it becomes a total grind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think a shorter competition format is a better idea than constantly changing teams to be honest.

It's very hard to build any momentum or a way of playing if you have to use 20 different teams over the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Congrats on the Champions Cup win, Walter White / Benfica!! :)

You were the best player this season - streets ahead!

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Congrats on the Champions Cup win, Walter White / Benfica!! :)

You were the best player this season - streets ahead!

Need to play 10 at the back against him!

Super cup final shall be Benfica versus Crystal Palace. Best of luck Walter.White and Beastermc! All Limerick final!

Now that the long awaited final has finally been played, and once the Super Cup has been played, we can move on to our next league.

Seems the consensus is for a shorter league but whether we stick with the one team or keep changing is yet to be decided. I might stick up a poll at the end of the week but keep throwing out suggestions anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote:
    Need to play 10 at the back against him!

Doesn't work. Already tried that.

Twice.

Congrats damo, aka walter.white.
    Probably the best player I've come up against online, no shame losing there!

I sense a lack of interest in the new league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm well interested!

Would like to be not in a position where a team could be on D or E form Vs A or B thou, it really takes the enjoyment out of it.

Sorry lads. Up the walls at work last week and this week. Won't get a chance to set up something until next week maybe but probably won't take part, especially if it's just a short one.

In the meantime, if everyone interested could please say so on the thread and I'll start gathering numbers.

• Advertisement

Well count me in. What about doing one with myclub teams? Some people might not have one or have shítty teams so it's might not be an option, but just putting the option out there.

Count me in too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I should be able to. Haven't played it in ages but!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote:
    Well count me in. What about doing one with myclub teams? Some people might not have one or have shítty teams so it's might not be an option, but just putting the option out there.

My youths would get hammered!! :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »

Well Walter.White has Neymar and Cavani so unless you want him to walk away with the league....... :D

Boards League Sign-up

1. Cienciano
    2. Bozo_Skeleton
    3. harpstilidie

Colemania wrote:
    Well Walter.White has Neymar and Cavani so unless you want him to walk away with the league.......

.......again.

:pac:

Boards League Sign-up :

1. Cienciano
    2. Bozo_Skeleton
    3. harpstilidie
    4. Wilberto

Now that I've found a new tactic! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Sure go on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sign me up!

Advertisement