Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Pretty sure Mexico have fake names as well.....not that anyone would pick them anyway.

Also, France and Argentina were the other two teams on my shortlist. France are fun to play with, and Argentina such an awesome attack! So good that Aguero can barely make it onto the team, if at all! :eek: Di Maria, Messi, Dybala, Higuain, and Aguero!! Unreal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Yeah, Argentina attack is amazing. Uruguay front 2 on suarez and cavani isn't bad. Just the rest of the team is fairly average

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Colemania wrote: »
    Just advance notice that they all have fake names if you're ok with that!

Does an option file not sort this out, the same way it fixes kits and fake team names etc?
    Out of curiosity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Does an option file not sort this out, the same way it fixes kits and fake team names etc?
    Out of curiosity.

Not when you're playing on line as far as I know. If you're playing with anything that includes the "Live Update" data then the players names revert to what they were originally.

Team crests, strips etc stay whatever you have loaded.

I think that's the case anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Wilberto wrote: »
    Not when you're playing on line as far as I know. If you're playing with anything that includes the "Live Update" data then the players names revert to what they were originally.

Team crests, strips etc stay whatever you have loaded.

I think that's the case anyway!

As Wilberto said, if you're playing online, it applies live update so option files don't carry over, except for the kits

• Advertisement

I played Uruguay online last week and it had fake names even though I have an option file

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Wilberto wrote: »
    Pretty sure Mexico have fake names as well.....not that anyone would pick them anyway.

Also, France and Argentina were the other two teams on my shortlist. France are fun to play with, and Argentina such an awesome attack! So good that Aguero can barely make it onto the team, if at all! :eek: Di Maria, Messi, Dybala, Higuain, and Aguero!! Unreal!!

I actually wanted Italy first as that defence is just solid and i was shipping in to many goals last season. I'll just have to try and outscore whoever im against, certainly have the attack to do it.

Gonna try get this started up this weekend if everyone could message me their top 3 picks

How will the fixtures work? If there's 4 groups of 4, home and away ties, that's 6 games each. Could play out your fixtures in a week if people are online and you do your home and away leg one after the other. I do a world cup and people just look for people in their group to play rather than get fixtures posted up.

Cienciano wrote: »
    How will the fixtures work? If there's 4 groups of 4, home and away ties, that's 6 games each. Could play out your fixtures in a week if people are online and you do your home and away leg one after the other. I do a world cup and people just look for people in their group to play rather than get fixtures posted up.

That's the idea. If people are online, just get them played. I can allow say 2-3 weeks to get all 6 games played which is plenty of time

• Advertisement

Cool, we'll probably get through them fairly fast. I'll be away from Thursday till sunday, so won't be playing anything then. Doubtful I'll be in any fit state to play on Sunday either.

Ok lads, 24 hour rule starting now for picks. They're taking way too long. If you haven't picked in the 24 hours, you will be skipped

Picking Order

No. | Boards | Rating | Team
    1. | SteelyDanJalapeno | 5 star and below | Belgium
    2. | Wilberto | 5 star and below | Brazil
    3. | Bozo Skeleton | 5 star and below | Spain
    4. | Nailz | 5 star and below | Italy
    5. | AidoEire | 4.5 star and below | Argentina
    6. | harpstilidie| 4.5 star and below | France
    7. | Luckycharms_74 | 4.5 star and below | Portugal
    8. | Cienciano | 4.5 star and below | Uruguay
    9. | whavin | 4 star and below | Chile
    10. | Colemania | 4 star and below | Ecuador
    11. | Beastermc | 4 star and below | Denmark
    12. | KennyG192| 4 star and below | Turkey
    13. | IncognitoMan | 4 star and below | Switzerland
    14. | callaway92 | 4 star and below | Ireland
    15. | Koolhanger | 4 star and below |
    16. | Walter.White | 4 star and below |

Remaining teams:
    Continent | 5 Star | 4.5 Star | 4 Star
    Europe | Germany | Belgium | Bosnia
    15 Teams | Spain | Croatia | Denmark
    | | England | Serbia
    | | France | Switzerland
    | | Italy | Turkey
    | | Netherlands |
    | | Poland |
    | | Portugal |
    | | |
    South America | | Argentina | Chile
    5 Teams | | Brazil |
    | | Columbia |
    | | Uruguay |
    | | |
    Africa | | | Senegal
    | | |
    N&C America | | | Mexico

Callaway92, good man, at least you'll have the neutrals supporting you

Picking Order

No. | Boards | Rating | Team
    1. | SteelyDanJalapeno | 5 star and below | Belgium
    2. | Wilberto | 5 star and below | Brazil
    3. | Bozo Skeleton | 5 star and below | Spain
    4. | Nailz | 5 star and below | Italy
    5. | AidoEire | 4.5 star and below | Argentina
    6. | harpstilidie| 4.5 star and below | France
    7. | Luckycharms_74 | 4.5 star and below | Portugal
    8. | Cienciano | 4.5 star and below | Uruguay
    9. | whavin | 4 star and below | Chile
    10. | Colemania | 4 star and below | Ecuador
    11. | Beastermc | 4 star and below | Denmark
    12. | KennyG192| 4 star and below | Turkey
    13. | IncognitoMan | 4 star and below | Switzerland
    14. | callaway92 | 4 star and below | Ireland
    15. | Koolhanger | 4 star and below | Senegal
    16. | Walter.White | 4 star and below |Wales

Yay!! Go Ireland!! :pac:

Nice one Colmania, looked like a pain in the hoop getting everyones pick!

So 4 groups of 4, play each other twice and then a draw for the knockouts like the Champions League? Or will we know what position from each groups we'll be playing from the start, like in the World Cup, i.e 2nd in group b will play first in group d?
    Assuming we'll be doing a knock out for the bottom 2 for each group too.

Tactic for anyone against Wales will be to injure Bale

So 4 groups of 4, play each other twice and then a draw for the knockouts like the Champions League? Or will we know what position from each groups we'll be playing from the start, like in the World Cup, i.e 2nd in group b will play first in group d?

Don't hold me to this but I'm going to see if I can randomly generate a world cup style draw tonight and I'll video the process and post the video here. That's the plan anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Is the draw televised Coleman ?

Don't hold me to this but I'm going to see if I can randomly generate a world cup style draw tonight and I'll video the process and post the video here. That's the plan anyway!

Never saw this message, that answers my question ha

• Advertisement

Is the draw televised Coleman ?

I'm going to the pub to watch it

Bale is no Jonas ! Koolhanger stole Jonas off me, there's a striker called (Jonasz) for Senegal because of the fake names. They would have been my pick for that reason alone ha! I hope the referee protects Bale If I happen to draw Uruguay in the group stages !

Cienciano wrote:

Bales will be the Welsh Jonas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

I'm quietly confident with turkey a fairly decent squad , be looking for the big man Tosun to be my dzeko/zaza , looking to do a denmark 92 !

Seeing as pro lost the license for the champions league next year , maybe they will replace it with Coleman's champion cup !

Seeing as pro lost the license for the champions league next year , maybe they will replace it with Coleman's champion cup !

My face on a pro evo game could result in massive loss of sales.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've got a few bottles of Leffe in to get in the Belgium mood for the draw, I'm free to play games tomorrow, gone to Brighton Friday and Saturday but back early sunday too.

I've got a few bottles of Leffe in to get in the Belgium mood for the draw, I'm free to play games tomorrow, gone to Brighton Friday and Saturday but back early sunday too.

Tell Shane Duffy we send our regards and that callaway will do him proud in the league

Can't find any decent websites to do a random group draw, as in not one that will pre populate groups but one that will draw out each team one by one

• Advertisement

Gonna post up a video of the draw in the next 10 to 15 minutes. I’ll then post up the groups later on tonight after most have watched it

Advertisement