Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Colemania wrote: »
    Whavin, can you move those results to the proper thread? I'd do it, but they won't make me a moderator!

Surely at this stage it's time to make ya a mod :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Surely at this stage it's time to make ya a mod :D

You'd think so wouldn't you :D Apparently you can't ask to become a mod. You must earn it.......somehow.... :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

You'd think so wouldn't you :D Apparently you can't ask to become a mod. You must earn it.......somehow.... :pac:

2a0rfu.jpg

;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Portugal online now to play
    Denmark
    Swiss

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

KennyG192 wrote: »
    I could be home late tonight might be after 11 if I get on (Turkey)

I'll probably still be on just send me a message on psn. If you manage to get on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ireland will be online tonight. hope to get most games done this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Any progress made in the other groups over the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Koolhanger wrote: »

Turkey online now have to play Wales and I'm finished my fixtures

The lads in my group are waiting for me , unfortunately I couldn't get on this weekend. I'll be available Tuesday if any of the boys are around

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Turkey online now have to play Wales and I'm finished my fixtures

Sorry Kenny, can't get on tonight. I'll be available Tuesday night and most of the week after that

• Advertisement

I think we're getting the majority played tonight

All games have to be played by Friday anyway. Would have liked to be finished by tonight but only so much you can do!

Sorry Kenny, can't get on tonight. I'll be available Tuesday night and most of the week after that

No hassle damo

Group stage games to be completed by tomorrow night. All games to be played and no points to be awarded for games not played by tomorrow night.

It seems like we now have a token disqualification each season. Everton in Season 1, Lyon in Season 2 and it now looks like Italy will be Season 3! In this case, points will be awarded to all teams in Group C for all games played or yet to be played against Italy. The final game in Group C between myself (Ecuador) and Ireland is to be played regardless and if we don't manage to get it played, well then we do not get any points. I don't think it matters anyway as with the walkovers, Ireland tops the group on goal difference and I'll be stuck in 3rd!

Going off this league, I'm hesitant to start a new one. Interest just hasn't been there and the thread on both here and PSN has been fairly inactive. There's a very select few which I could probably count on 1 hand who are always available for matches and to be honest, this league was a test to gauge interest. 6 games to be played in 3 weeks is plenty of time. No reason to only play games in the first and last weekend of the 3 weeks

I appreciate that everyone can be busy, no more than myself, but I'm not putting my time and effort into these leagues if there's no interest.

If there is to be another league, I will be operating it on a trial basis. 2 games to be played each week. If any teams fall behind at any point, for no proper reason, I will finish the league there and then. Might be the only way to keep a league going!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

This will probably be my last tournament anyway. It's getting boring being the only full manual player now. I genuinely don't mean that in a "look at me, I use manual controls" way. It's more that I'm bored of continuously putting myself at a disadvantage but I'm just too stubborn to ever switch back!! :pac:

Season 1 semi-finalists though. What an achievement! :pac::)

How much longer do we think this league will last?

I'm thinking of switching over to Fifa for the world cup mode but that would mean trading in Pro Evo to get it so I wouldn't be able to continue on the league then obviously. It's moving at a very slow pace at the moment but if we all get together we could do the knockout games fairly quickly surely?

If the competition will be finished fairly soon I'll hold off but my interest in Pro is almost totally gone now.

I know how much effort you put into setting these up Coleman and fair play for doing it it's so enjoyable when everybody is online and keeping it interesting. The 2 games you have to play in the week if you don't play them why not just give either person no points and move on to the next game week unless one person is more active in that case maybe a walk over and move to the next gameweek ?just an idea to make people more inclined to actually fulfill the fixtures

How much longer do we think this league will last?

I'm thinking of switching over to Fifa for the world cup mode but that would mean trading in Pro Evo to get it so I wouldn't be able to continue on the league then obviously. It's moving at a very slow pace at the moment but if we all get together we could do the knockout games fairly quickly surely?

If the competition will be finished fairly soon I'll hold off but my interest in Pro is almost totally gone now.

I wouldn't trade it in to get Fifa18 anyway man , in my opinions its the worst Fifa I've ever played. It just frustrates me and I end up back playing pro evo again soon after I've played it.

Sorry for not playing my last two games yet we've just been struggling to get on at the same times. It might have been better if we played the two games together instead of playing one and then trying to get the same Person online again after playing the other teams.

I'll be on tonight and tomorrow night after 10 when I finish work to play my games. Turkey and Argentina were both looking to play the games at various stages the last two weeks but I couldn't get on and vice versa !

I wouldn't trade it in to get Fifa18 anyway man , in my opinions its the worst Fifa I've ever played. It just frustrates me and I end up back playing pro evo again soon after I've played it.

Sorry for not playing my last two games yet we've just been struggling to get on at the same times. It might have been better if we played the two games together instead of playing one and then trying to get the same Person online again after playing the other teams.

Yeah I don't expect much from Fifa, I thought 17 was worse than ProEvo 17 and by all accounts 18 seems worse again.

Was mainly a Fifa player myself before switching back to Pro Evo full time around Pes16.

It's just I think I've done everything I want to do with Pro Evo at this stage and would like something different while I wait for the new game. I'd like to play through the journey as well as I liked the first chapter well enough.

Actually Walter.White how do you find FIFA 18 for offline stuff? Has the AI improved over recent years or do Stoke and Burnley still play like Barca when you play them?

• Advertisement

I feel bad for you, Colemania. You've done a better job than I or anyone else would have at organising but the novelty seemed to wear off for a lot of people after season one.

I'd keep the PSN group and lads can still meet for friendlies and co-op games, and then we could go again when the new game is out?

Also, it might be worth having fixtures arranged for set dates/times on boards so we can all see if one person was to blame for not "turning up" for their game on a certain night? Would then be easier to give a walkover to the guy who was ready to play at the arranged time. More accountability for everyone, as well. Might take too much organising, though?

Actually Walter.White how do you find FIFA 18 for offline stuff? Has the AI improved over recent years or do Stoke and Burnley still play like Barca when you play them?

I've never really played offline to be honest. I haven't really played it much. Fifa 17 was bad but it actually managed to get worse. It's worse for me because I can't play Fifa 18 with directional buttons because there's a bug in the game that doesn't allow the d pad to work annytime there's a through ball, which they haven't bother to fix yet! Since I still use the d pad when I play soccer games for me its a nightmare to have to use analog.

They also did away with second man press so you basically have to control the whole defence yourself which makes all the games online finish on scores of 5-4, 6-5 etc I even had a game where I won 9-8. The game modes and stuff are better than pro but for gameplay pro 18 is miles ahead. World cup mode will probably be good alright but the game itself is brutal.

Jesus that sounds brutal. Maybe I'm not missing out so :pac:

I still use the d pad when I play soccer games

This has depressed me. How the fuk are you so good if you still use the d-pad?! :pac::pac::pac:

I've two mates who use the d-pad but their standard would be pretty low.

This has depressed me. How the fuk are you so good if you still use the d-pad?! :pac::pac::pac:

He's not human. It's the only answer!

I can't seen to get used to analog at all. I've tried a few times but just don't like using it ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He's not human. It's the only answer!

Makes sense. Walter.white is a bot!

Of those in the Shield positions in the groups, do ye want to go ahead with the shield? I probably can't play as I've exams and will be back home in Limerick most of the time but it can still go ahead without me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Of those in the Shield positions in the groups, do ye want to go ahead with the shield? I probably can't play as I've exams and will be back home in Limerick most of the time but it can still go ahead without me

Whose in the shield? Pretty sure i am Argentina. Tonight is the deadline so id rather the teams that actualluy qualified to go through should play. But your out and italy so.. i dunno.

Edit: actually yeah we will, we played the games and their is still 6 teams willing to do it so why not.

GL in the exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Also cole id say your mad sick of organising this every season. If you want to take the next 1 off i'll happily put my name forward to organise the next 1. Your just a contender then and get to play as we do. If im stuck with anything a quick message here would solve it.

Name in the hat anyway, some1 else can throw it in as well. Good thing going here but can be a pain for yourself if your organising every season

Advertisement