Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'll play in shield! Belgium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Do we know the knockout games yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Do we know the knockout games yet?

I do. Just trying to draw up groups now

Alright lads, I'll have to drop out of the league. I traded in PES for Fifa while I was in town yesterday so won't be able to continue.

I was down to play Walter anyway so the result would probably have been a defeat anyway.

Good luck to the rest still in the tournament.

Alright lads, I'll have to drop out of the league. I traded in PES for Fifa while I was in town yesterday so won't be able to continue.

I was down to play Walter anyway so the result would probably have been a defeat anyway.

You're in for a big let down! Shocking game, nowhere near pro evo in terms of gameplay. How could you do this!! :eek:

• Advertisement

I've been playing pro evo 18 since September, a man needs a change of pace.

I'm enjoying the journey a fair bit so far to be fair. Haven't gone near online yet and I think I'll hold off for a while until my fifa skills return.

I wholeheartedly agree that pro evo is better don't worry about that. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

If a short notice replacement is needed I can step in

If a short notice replacement is needed I can step in

At quarter final stage so we'll probably leave it be but thanks!

All games to be played by tomorrow night. Anyone having problems getting their game played, let me know via PM. I think there's only 3 games to be played anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ireland's match will be played today

• Advertisement

Ok lads, I've been told all quarter finals have been played and will stick up the updated tournament table when the last scores go up.

In that case, depending on how efficient people want to be, we could probably get all semi finals and finals played this weekend. I know the weekend seems to be the best time for people to play so saves waiting another week for the final.

There's only 1 semi final in the Champions Cup as Walter.White sent death threats to IncognitoMan, so bad he's gone and traded in Pro Evo for Fifa :eek:

Still 2 semi finals in the Shield but again, I think the lads in those games generally play on weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Colemania wrote: »
    Ok lads, I've been told all quarter finals have been played and will stick up the updated tournament table when the last scores go up.

In that case, depending on how efficient people want to be, we could probably get all semi finals and finals played this weekend. I know the weekend seems to be the best time for people to play so saves waiting another week for the final.

There's only 1 semi final in the Champions Cup as Walter.White sent death threats to IncognitoMan, so bad he's gone and traded in Pro Evo for Fifa :eek:

Still 2 semi finals in the Shield but again, I think the lads in those games generally play on weekends

I'm in Liverpool/Anfield for the weekend, lads. Sorry!

Koolhanger wrote: »
    I'm in Liverpool/Anfield for the weekend, lads. Sorry!

What kind of job do you have? Stamford bridge one week, Anfield the next? I'm not jealous at all..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

What kind of job do you have? Stamford bridge one week, Anfield the next? I'm not jealous at all..... :D

His trying to get sponsorship for the pro evo league ...

The Champions Cup final has been played, await the posting of the final result, but where are we at with the semi finals of the Shield? I posted up the fixtures on 26th of May and I don't think any of them have been played yet.

Anyway, this will be the last PES 2018 league. Interest has been shocking in this league and I think people are just bored with it. PES 2019 is out at the end of August so not that far away at least.

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions for a tournament in a completely different game, like H1Z1 or whatever game the majority have, let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote:
    The Champions Cup final has been played, await the posting of the final result, but where are we at with the semi finals of the Shield? I posted up the fixtures on 26th of May and I don't think any of them have been played yet.

I reckon the good weather has a lot to answer for!

Congrats to Stephen for winning the Champions Cup against his Shannonside rival Damo. Did a serious job with that Welsh team but I think Stephen and Denmark had a fantastic tournament with some high scoring games and they suited each other down to the ground.

The Shield seems to have been abandoned so we'll leave it at that and next boards league will be for PES 2019.

Thanks to all who took part in the 3 leagues to date and put in the effort to play games. Those who didn't or dropped out are on a warning list for the next league whereby if you didn't play your games in the week, you're gone. This league was by far the most frustrating to run in comparison to the first one which was fantastic. I understand people have holidays and the weather has been good but no explanations for missing games were given on the thread so it was very frustrating.

Sure we'll move on to the next one anyway in a few months and let's hope PES 2019 is even better than 2018!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Congrats to Stephen on winning the champions cup, couldn't stop his strike force in the second leg. He was excellent with Denmark !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Congrats to Stephen for winning the Champions Cup against his Shannonside rival Damo. Did a serious job with that Welsh team but I think Stephen and Denmark had a fantastic tournament with some high scoring games and they suited each other down to the ground.

The Shield seems to have been abandoned so we'll leave it at that and next boards league will be for PES 2019.

Thanks to all who took part in the 3 leagues to date and put in the effort to play games. Those who didn't or dropped out are on a warning list for the next league whereby if you didn't play your games in the week, you're gone. This league was by far the most frustrating to run in comparison to the first one which was fantastic. I understand people have holidays and the weather has been good but no explanations for missing games were given on the thread so it was very frustrating.

Sure we'll move on to the next one anyway in a few months and let's hope PES 2019 is even better than 2018!
    Fair play to organising it, you could tell the motivation from people in this competition just wasn't there! I haven't played PES for a good few weeks, near the end of a football games annual run, people just get bored of playing it. It'll be renewed for pes 2019.
    But a good few hours put in by yourself organising the leagues online, filming the draw, updating threads, chasing people for games, listening to moaning, starting the threads, seeding teams etc. Fair play, it was appreciated. I hope this last league hasn't put you off doing it for pes 2019!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Fair play to organising it, you could tell the motivation from people in this competition just wasn't there! I haven't played PES for a good few weeks, near the end of a football games annual run, people just get bored of playing it. It'll be renewed for pes 2019.
    But a good few hours put in by yourself organising the leagues online, filming the draw, updating threads, chasing people for games, listening to moaning, starting the threads, seeding teams etc. Fair play, it was appreciated. I hope this last league hasn't put you off doing it for pes 2019!

Thanks! I would be lying if I said it hadn't put me off but sure I'll give it a go for the next game and take it from there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Alright lads, first off

Massive apologies for the ghosting, myself and courini had arranged to play but never happened. Whatever happened then i dont know but we both just either forgot or plainly didnt bother. That totally ****ed up the rest of the sheild comp.

Not playing or responding was absolute bad form on my part at least. Meant no disrespect to cole or the other lads here. Took a lot to set this up and when a ****es likes me pull that its billsh!t. I can only apologise again and wasnt done with intent. Totally accept the fact im on the warning and dead right.

Posting this far to late but didnt want to leave it. Again apologies

Well lads, how we all keeping? PES 2019 is almost upon us! Is everyone planning on getting it in the first week or 2 of release and if so, how many are interested in a boards league some time in September?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Well lads, how we all keeping? PES 2019 is almost upon us! Is everyone planning on getting it in the first week or 2 of release and if so, how many are interested in a boards league some time in September?

Demo out tomorrow bring it on

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Demo out tomorrow bring it on

It's out already if you have a New Zealand account, since early afternoon. Might be out at midnight tonight in Ireland judging by when it came out in NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Would be interested in a league. Messed up in the last shield knockout stages not getting my fixture played, was snowed under with work. I apologise. I know it's a lot of work you put in organising it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This game is nicely timed. Enough time has passed between the last boards league and pes 2019 for Colemania to forget all the shít he had to deal with last year. :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    This game is nicely timed. Enough time has passed between the last boards league and pes 2019 for Colemania to forget all the shít he had to deal with last year. :pac:

Sorry, who are you again? :P

Have I forgotten about the last leagues? No.
    Will I do the league again if there's interest? Yes.
    Will I put a halt to my organisation of leagues if it happens again? Yes.

Doesn't seem to be much interest at the moment anyway but if I'm to do a league, I'm going to keep the first one short and sweet and take it from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Sorry, who are you again? :P

Have I forgotten about the last leagues? No.
    Will I do the league again if there's interest? Yes.
    Will I put a halt to my organisation of leagues if it happens again? Yes.

Doesn't seem to be much interest at the moment anyway but if I'm to do a league, I'm going to keep the first one short and sweet and take it from there

I'm in again!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

I'm in anyway, must actually go up and pre order the game been too busy drinking here in Limerick hon the lads !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Count me in too :)

Advertisement