Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

We're gonna start picks on Friday 14th to allow for people to get the game still and have a look at the teams.

Still time for signups anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I expect I know the answer already but you need PS Plus to play online right? I haven't had it in a good while, but will subscribe again if it's needed.

osh wrote: »
    I expect I know the answer already but you need PS Plus to play online right? I haven't had it in a good while, but will subscribe again if it's needed.

You do indeed

Cool, can you recommend a good place to get it? Or is it the same price through the PS store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

osh wrote: »
    Cool, can you recommend a good place to get it? Or is it the same price through the PS store?

Press-Start have the best prices for either a 12 month sub or €50 card to pay for a sub and have some change left over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Colemania wrote: »
    We're gonna start picks on Friday 14th

Can you briefly outline the pick process you expect to follow? Just trying to get a feel for whether I need to be making an effort to follow the thread closely over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Not after last time

cheers...

Can you briefly outline the pick process you expect to follow? Just trying to get a feel for whether I need to be making an effort to follow the thread closely over the weekend.

It'll be the weekend after next anyway.

So I intend to give previous league participants first priority for the picks for the league, but the stronger players will be last in the pecking order, have to give them a bit of a challenge you know :D

That would mean the new players will be somewhere in the middle of that and I will determine the order of picks. There will be a table posted showing the order so you'll know when it's your turn. If its coming close to your turn, private message me your top 3 picks and I'll put down your first preference when it comes to your turn, if they're not gone

My psn is kingosh_ to add me to the league or if anyone wants a friendly match.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Hi I'm thegifted1dblin on ps4. Can you explain how the league would work briefly. Or if anyone wants a game give me shout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Username is scange01

Can I be added to the group?!

Also up for friendlies if anyone fancies it.
    Mainly play fifa so I'm still adjusting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hi I'm thegifted1dblin on ps4. Can you explain how the league would work briefly. Or if anyone wants a game give me shout

Im not in it this competition, will be for the next round but a quick overview is

- Based on the amount of people in the league players are split into two groups
    -New players tend to get first pick of teams, then lads who didnt do well last season and then lads who performed well pick last.
    - You play 2 games a week, usually against two different players in your group( Cole will release a fixture list closer to the day after he gets final numbers).
    - Usually goes on for 10-12 weeks roughly as there is home and away games.
    - After each match, you type a quick report on the match thread. Who you were against, team, score, who scored. Takes 2minutes

*Cole has another page which he links closer to the date with, group tables, game fixtures, top scorer ( although top scorer takes some effort to keep track of, so would be a pain on his side)

* During a game, you cant keep passing the ball between defenders when your winning
    To be honest attacking play is much appreciated with lads here, but of course not all out. As long as the ball isnt gk, cb to rb to cb to lb to cb etc.

*Hacking down the last man through on goal is really frowned upon, it happens but not worth it ib my opinion as it leaves a bad taste against your opponent.

Lads here are dead on, plenty of games are played in co op, 1v1 and the likes. Always a good laugh.

Get the Playstation Messages App for your phone. Its a lifesaver as helps setup games with ease and chat to the other lads.

Anything i missed the lads will jump in and cover.

Its good craic and well worth it

Ya no problem. Will add you to the group on psn. So there'll be 2 games per week. For this league there will be no limit to the team you can pick, except it must be clubs. I will determine the picking order for teams next weekend and when it's your turn, or close to your turn, pick your top 3 teams in preference order and i'll update your pick when it come around.

It's a league format so we'll probably do 2 large groups for this league or 4 smaller groups. The top teams from each group qualify for the champions cups. The other teams go into the shield so keeps games going after the league format is over

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Ya no problem. Will add you to the group on psn. So there'll be 2 games per week. For this league there will be no limit to the team you can pick, except it must be clubs. I will determine the picking order for teams next weekend and when it's your turn, or close to your turn, pick your top 3 teams in preference order and i'll update your pick when it come around.

It's a league format so we'll probably do 2 large groups for this league or 4 smaller groups. The top teams from each group qualify for the champions cups. The other teams go into the shield so keeps games going after the league format is over

Sounds deadly. Cheers

PES 2019 Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. Walter.White
    3. Bozo_Skeleton
    4. Cienciano
    5. SteelyDanJalapeno
    6. KennyG192
    7. Luckycharms_74
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. callaway92
    10. Beastermc
    11. Exclamation Marc
    12. whavin
    13. Det Somerset
    14. az1234
    15. the dunne
    16. stryker mcqueen
    17. wandatowell
    18. ItsHoggie
    19. Batesy
    20. martineatworld
    21. Osh
    22. reganreggie

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Im not in it this competition, will be for the next round but a quick overview is

- Based on the amount of people in the league players are split into two groups
    -New players tend to get first pick of teams, then lads who didnt do well last season and then lads who performed well pick last.
    - You play 2 games a week, usually against two different players in your group( Cole will release a fixture list closer to the day after he gets final numbers).
    - Usually goes on for 10-12 weeks roughly as there is home and away games.
    - After each match, you type a quick report on the match thread. Who you were against, team, score, who scored. Takes 2minutes

*Cole has another page which he links closer to the date with, group tables, game fixtures, top scorer ( although top scorer takes some effort to keep track of, so would be a pain on his side)

* During a game, you cant keep passing the ball between defenders when your winning
    To be honest attacking play is much appreciated with lads here, but of course not all out. As long as the ball isnt gk, cb to rb to cb to lb to cb etc.

*Hacking down the last man through on goal is really frowned upon, it happens but not worth it ib my opinion as it leaves a bad taste against your opponent.

Lads here are dead on, plenty of games are played in co op, 1v1 and the likes. Always a good laugh.

Oh!
    Get the Playstation Messages App for your phone. Its a lifesaver as helps setup games with ease and chat to the other lads.

Anything i missed the lads will jump in and cover.

Its good craic and well worth it

Sound Aido, said it much better than me :D

Username is scange01

Can I be added to the group?!

Also up for friendlies if anyone fancies it.
    Mainly play fifa so I'm still adjusting!

Will add you now

I notice there's a lot of lads over from the dark side (FIFA) so if any intend to move back over once it comes out and can't commit to the league for 10-12 weeks, let me know

No plans to switch back :)

First Pro Evo game I’ve played in about 12 years or more though so think it’s going to take some time to get used to it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I've all but given up playing online because my crappy 20Mbps broadband disconnects so much. But virgin media were doing a good deal and I'm getting virgin fiber 240 installed on Monday! Nice timing. So broadband excuse will be gone, might have to switch to "manual controls;)" like Wilberto

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've all but given up playing online because my crappy 20Mbps broadband disconnects so much. But virgin media were doing a good deal and I'm getting virgin fiber 240 installed on Monday! Nice timing. So broadband excuse will be gone, might have to switch to "manual controls;)" like Wilberto

Cool, picks starting this weekend and I imagine league won't start until the following Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Cool, picks starting this weekend and I imagine league won't start until the following Friday

Well, hopefully online improves for me, got a lot of disconnects and very laggy games were just normal. All last week I just played com games, couldn't be bothered with online.
    Picks could take a day! But probably won't. Friday week is a good time to start, a week of picking teams. People will need to be keeping an eye on this thread, or keep notifications turned on the app if they didn't notice they're up next. With 22 people we can't be giving people a day to pick a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

If its not too late i'd like to enter this year. I'm absolutely woeful to be honest, still can't get the hang of this years game and don't have much free time to spend with it but i enjoy it all the same.

PES 2019 Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. Walter.White
    3. Bozo_Skeleton
    4. Cienciano
    5. SteelyDanJalapeno
    6. KennyG192
    7. Luckycharms_74
    8. Hercule Poirot
    9. callaway92
    10. Beastermc
    11. Exclamation Marc
    12. whavin
    13. Det Somerset
    14. az1234
    15. the dunne
    16. stryker mcqueen
    17. wandatowell
    18. ItsHoggie
    19. Batesy
    20. martineatworld
    21. Osh
    22. reganreggie
    23. Ivefoundgod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm going into hospital this or next week for a few weeks so will be relying upon the WiFi there for online gaming.

Will get a few games as soon as I get in and if the connection is not up to scratch, I'll drop out before the league starts.

Hoping to know by Monday or Tuesday by very latest.

I'm going into hospital this or next week for a few weeks so will be relying upon the WiFi there for online gaming.

Will get a few games as soon as I get in and if the connection is not up to scratch, I'll drop out before the league starts.

Hoping to know by Monday or Tuesday by very latest.

No worries at all

Ok lads, with the exception of more people joining, I'm going to try come up with an order of picks tonight. I hope everyone has a few teams in mind!

I'm going to put a time limit on it this time though because it can get ridiculous at times. I will announce picks on Friday evening and picks can start then if people are ready but the clock won't start until 9am on Satuday morning. So whatever stage we're at from 9am, the next person has 6 hours to pick or their turn is skipped.

Everyone knew picks were coming this weekend so no excuses. Once picks announced, PM me your top 3 picks if your due up in the next 7 or so picks and I'll populate the table for you when its your turn.

All clubs of all ratings allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I should probably hurry up and buy the game!

Anyone recommend where I might pick it up cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Anyone recommend where I might pick it up cheap?

currently 49.99 in smyths, although its not in stock in every branch. That's the cheapest bricks and mortar option that I can see, argos appear to be next at 55 euro. You would probably save the best part of a tenner by ordering online but you'll obviously be waiting for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

currently 49.99 in smyths, although its not in stock in every branch. That's the cheapest bricks and mortar option that I can see, argos appear to be next at 55 euro. You would probably save the best part of a tenner by ordering online but you'll obviously be waiting for it.

Got it for €37 , I dont mind waiting a few days!

https://www.thegamecollection.net/pes-2019-ps4/?sqr=pes%202019&

Advertisement