Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Anyone online for a game

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

So can someone explain how team form works?

I've been 'training' for the league for the last week by playing exclusively online as Real Madrid and I keep losing. It's even really difficult to get a meaningful shot on target, whereas my opponents are raining in shots on my goal. I'm not an experienced player but when I play myclub online the games are a lot more balanced. I noticed tonight somewhere that Real Madrid have a big fat red 'E' next to them which I presume is something to do with form and might explain the situation I find myself in.

As an experiment I just switched to PSG who have a shiny green 'A' next to them and suddenly I was winning a lot more 50/50s, my passes were more accurate and I won 4-1 and probably should have won by more.

So team form, does it badly nerf your team's gameplay? How often does it change, and how quickly can it go from E to A?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

So can someone explain how team form works?

I've been 'training' for the league for the last week by playing exclusively online as Real Madrid and I keep losing. It's even really difficult to get a meaningful shot on target, whereas my opponents are raining in shots on my goal. I'm not an experienced player but when I play myclub online the games are a lot more balanced. I noticed tonight somewhere that Real Madrid have a big fat red 'E' next to them which I presume is something to do with form and might explain the situation I find myself in.

As an experiment I just switched to PSG who have a shiny green 'A' next to them and suddenly I was winning a lot more 50/50s, my passes were more accurate and I won 4-1 and probably should have won by more.

So team form, does it badly nerf your team's gameplay? How often does it change, and how quickly can it go from E to A?

It will effect your gameplay, but then again you might have players in top form. Dont be afriad to switch a player thats orange/yellow for someone thats blue but is slightly weaker stats wise.
    Works well for me, play the form not the name on the jersey.
    Think it changes week to week the team form, not sure when though. Think usually after sunday/monday when all games have been played

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm thinking maybe Rangers was a bad idea. There just so slow and bad! :pac: :pac:

Ryan Kent is my fastest player, and that's pretty much all he has as he can't cross to save his life! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm thinking maybe Rangers was a bad idea. There just so slow and bad! :pac: :pac:

Ryan Kent is my fastest player, and that's pretty much all he has as he can't cross to save his life! :pac:

If only his first name was Clark !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just a reminder to everyone. Home team posts the result agywe after a game. If the away team doesn't see the result up within half a day or so, just stick up the result in the results thread.

Also, only results and fixtures go in the results thread. Comments about when you're available to play or arranging matches goes in the main thread

Aidz, I know you can't play at the moment due to lack of an internet connection, so we'll figure things out when you're back online.

Hercule, I didn't see you last night and I'm unlikely to be on again until Thursday, maybe even Friday. How are things looking for you?

some good co op matches last night lads, it was good craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Aidz, I know you can't play at the moment due to lack of an internet connection, so we'll figure things out when you're back online.

Hercule, I didn't see you last night and I'm unlikely to be on again until Thursday, maybe even Friday. How are things looking for you?

My apologies man, I just got caught up in stuff - I'll be around every evening this week, bar Friday, if anyone wants to get their games done with Napoli

I'll be around during the day Friday - up till about 3ish/4ish if that suits someone better?

My apologies man, I just got caught up in stuff - I'll be around every evening this week, bar Friday, if anyone wants to get their games done with Napoli

I'll be around during the day Friday - up till about 3ish/4ish if that suits someone better?

No problem at all, fella. Might try and play you on Thursday evening if I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He's on a Nile cruise solving a murder.

I may have slightly miscalculated but it seems like 10 out of the 24 teams in the league haven't played any games yet. Seeing as weekdays aren't the most active days for games and new fixtures are being released on Friday, we're already looking in a bit of bother.

Early days yet, to a degree, but those who haven't played their games by Thursday night, with the exception of those who told me their internet is down or they're on holidays, will get a warning. 2 warnings and you're out of the league and if that means just under half the league..........then I don't know what the future holds for this league :confused:

If anyone else is away, let me know so I can give you more time to catch up.

Definitely have to keep an eye on games, they can mount up quick if you're not getting through them.

I (Lazio) should be on later, 10:30, Coleman, if you're around we can play that. Inter (thedunne) isn't in the psn group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Juventus here , still have 3 fixtures to play, available most nights this week

Cienciano wrote: »
    Definitely have to keep an eye on games, they can mount up quick if you're not getting through them.

I (Lazio) should be on later, 10:30, Coleman, if you're around we can play that. Inter (thedunne) isn't in the psn group.

Should be around most evenings myself except Thursday evening.

Colemania wrote: »
    Should be around most evenings myself except Thursday evening.

After you scoring 11, I'm avoiding it. But like an endoscope exam, fúck it, lets just get it over with.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Chelsea here I'll be on tonight to add everyone and will drop a text here and on psn messenger when I'm good to go shouldn't be too late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Cheers for that pal, i was hoping ye lads seen the message and didnt look like i was ghosting.

Killed me last night as the phone was bouncing about the co op games and i was dying to jump on.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Cheers for that pal, i was hoping ye lads seen the message and didnt look like i was ghosting.

Killed me last night as the phone was bouncing about the co op games and i was dying to jump on.

Yeah they were a good laugh. We should try an organise more or maybe even a little co op tournament some night !

Yeah they were a good laugh. We should try an organise more or maybe even a little co op tournament some night !

Good craic alright with phila-MENTAL and Kool-HACKER :D

• Advertisement

Add me again to the psn group guys. Was away at the weekend but will be on from tomorrow evening to play any games.

Good craic alright with phila-MENTAL and Kool-HACKER :D

:P:pac::P

What was really mental was that first 3v3 where I didn't realise we could control the keeper and I gifted a goal to your lot (probably you specifically, ya lethal bastard!)

:P:pac::P

What was really mental was that first 3v3 where I didn't realise we could control the keeper and I gifted a goal to your lot (probably you specifically, ya lethal bastard!)

Yes that was me :o

Add me again to the psn group guys. Was away at the weekend but will be on from tomorrow evening to play any games.

Yourself and reganreggie are the only ones missing from the group chat because ye haven't accepted my friend request so I can't add ye to it

After lasts night great 3v3 boards battles, I'm going to set up a coop group chat on psn to keep separate from the main one because I'm sure a lot of people muted the chat last night :D

I'll add the people who played last night and anyone else who wants to be added, let me know here or on the main psn chat. Best thing to do then is mute it if you're not involved and unmute when you play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hey Guys,

I have been on holidays the past 2 weeks, this is also why I missed my team choice 1st time around so hopefully I can be given a couple of days to get these games played, I'm back now and ready to go. Will be online tonight or can do any other night this week for the following games :

AC Milan home
    West Ham away
    Roma away

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Yourself and reganreggie are the only ones missing from the group chat because ye haven't accepted my friend request so I can't add ye to it

I didn't see it. Have accepted it now. Thanks

Hey Guys,

I have been on holidays the past 2 weeks, this is also why I missed my team choice 1st time around so hopefully I can be given a couple of days to get these games player, I'm back now and ready to go. Will be online tonight or can do any other night this week for the following games :

AC Milan home
    West Ham away
    Roma away

I'll be on after 10 tonight, if you'll still be on then man. Hope you had a nice holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'll be on after 10 tonight, if you'll still be on then man. Hope you had a nice holiday

yep sounds good, 22:30 ish suits me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I’ll try to get on later too. (Milan)

Advertisement