Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Great just add me on psn if you dont have me already and let me know when ye can play on that, my psn is TheOriginalJipo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Chelsea here I'll be on tonight to add everyone and will drop a text here and on psn messenger when I'm good to go shouldn't be too late

I'm due to play you, i'm PSG. Give me a shout when you're online and i'll try jump on.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Chelsea here, online in a half hour

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Barcelona here Colemania. Have fixtures organised for Tuesday and Wednesday v Arsenal, PSG and Rangers. Been dormant over the weekend due to work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Celtic here.

I'll be online tomorrow from 3 o clock and can play any evening - Just message me on this or PSn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Alright lads, quick update on the internet situation.
    Had to order a new modem of eir monday as the old one shot itself apprantly. Eir becoming a knightmare to deal with.

Anyway, im moving house saturday morning, have virgin all set ready to go there so by sat evening on i should be available.

I know theres 3 still waiting to play me, plus a new round of 3 by friday night but plan to get them all played this weekend.

Will keep ye updated (West Ham)

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Had to order a new modem of eir monday as the old one shot itself apprantly. Eir becoming a knightmare to deal with.

Anyway, im moving house saturday morning, have virgin all set ready to go there so by sat evening on i should be available.

I know theres 3 still waiting to play me, plus a new round of 3 by friday night but plan to get them all played this weekend.

Think I'm one, just give me a shout when you're up and running, I'm not around Saturday, but can do whenever else

PSG here, I've still got to play Celtic from the first 3 fixtures. I'm available tonight or after 10ish tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

AidoEirE wrote: »

Thanks aido. Anyone that has to play West Ham is excused until Aido gets his internet back and we'll reassess next week if it's still not back.

Everyone else has to have their games played by tomorrow night or will get their first warning.

Celtic (callaway92) and Inter Milan (thedunne), you both have 3 games to play tomorrow. If not played, you both go on on first and final warning and will have to play this last week's and this week's games before next Thursday.

If you don't have the 6 games caught up on by next Thursday, you're out of the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

I'll be around every evening this week, bar Friday, if anyone wants to get their games done with Napoli

Hi Hercule, Real Madrid here. do you still expect to be online later this evening? If so, what time approximately. I don't intend being online for the full evening but I should be able to get online just to play our game between 6.30 and 10 if you knew you would be around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

@the dunne - I'll be available later this evening to play if you're about

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Hi Hercule, Real Madrid here. do you still expect to be online later this evening? If so, what time approximately. I don't intend being online for the full evening but I should be able to get online just to play our game between 6.30 and 10 if you knew you would be around.

Will we go with 6:30 and then the rest of the evening is your own?

Will we go with 6:30 and then the rest of the evening is your own?

That sounds good! I should be home by 6, so I'll try and get online as soon as I can after that, but will definitely be on by 6.30 unless something unexpected comes up

I'm on from 8 tonight guys to catch up before the new fixtures tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I'm on from 8 tonight guys to catch up before the new fixtures tomorrow

Cool, I'll be on at some point, possibly after 10 to play you (Lazio)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Celtic on for the weekend from around 7 tonight.

Still need to play Marseille from Round 1

Good effort put in last night for the lads to catch up. I'm in a good mood so I'll let ye off this time for the games not played, but only because the most a team has to carry forward is 1 game with the exception of West Ham who is still without internet.

Please don't carry forward more than 1 game each week though so try an get 3 games played between now and Sunday if you're busy on weekdays

Dunne and myself played our game last night too. Was waiting for him to post result but I’ll stick it up later if not.

Probably worth posting the following about Co-Op games as there was a bit of 'the blind leading the blind' there for a bit last night. (I include myself in that! :cool: )

Co-Op games are now played regularly by a group of us online. Thanks to Colemania we now have a Co-Op group chat (separate to the League chat) where we arrange the games as the chatter can get a bit hectic with so many people involved at one time. If you are interested in playing Co-Op games let us know so we can add you to the group and you'll be kept in the loop.

The first and 'true' Co-Op match type is two or three of 'us' playing against a random online Co-Op team opponent. This is launched as you would expect from the Co-Op games menu. You will need to create a 'clan' before setting up a Co-Op match room but once you have done that, it's reasonably straight forward to invite others to join your Co-op match. Only 2 or 3 players can play this mode, and all play on the same team.

The other Co-Op match type is when we play 2+ players VS 2+ players, ie 4 or more of our own group. We can accommodate uneven numbers as it's not a massive advantage to have more players in these matches. What confuses a lot of people (myself included) is that these 'Co-Op' matches are set up in the online friendly lobby, not the Co-Op menu. *EDIT* Apparently it's the Team Play Lobby, not Friendly Lobby … which proves I'm still getting used to this stuff! :-P

You should also remember the following pointers …
    • set a password on the match room to prevent random people joining in *EDIT* As suggested below, a better option setting 'Entrance Limitations' will restrict the room to invites only
    • If you are the room owner, you must send invites to all the players from the chat group who asked to join
    • If you are not the room owner, join the room by accepting the invite (Press PS button and check your notifications). Don't just try to join the room as you will be prompted for a password that probably hasn't been shared
    • After the match tactics screen, every player is given the opportunity to select a preferred position. The way we play, we ask everybody to choose 'Any' which allows every player to better contribute to the game. If you don't select 'Any' at this point, it will auto select 'FW' and you'll be stuck in that position for the whole match.

That last one is very important, or you could end up playing as Icardi for an entire match, sprint everywhere to overcompensate being so marginalized from the gameplay, and when you are finally given a glorious opportunity to snatch a last minute equalizer, fluff your shot into the keeper from 6 yards out because you've had zero stamina for the last 10 minutes! (This may or may not have happened to someone last night …. :o )

But yeah, the Co-Op games are fantastic fun when you have a good mix. Even us lesser players get an opportunity to shine when we have good team mates playing along side you. Jipo joined in for the first time last night and scored the opening goal and had a great game. I did similar in my first Co-Op game last week. So don't be afraid to join in the fun even if you're not that great!

Any questions, ask us on here. :)

• Advertisement

One thing on the room password, set it to something simple, I usually use "g", cos it's the default letter the cursor is on when you enter password. It's not online banking, it doesn't need letters, numbers, upper case and a symbol. 1 letter will do!

Probably worth posting the following about Co-Op games as there was a bit of 'the blind leading the blind' there for a bit last night. (I include myself in that! :cool: )

Co-Op games are now played regularly by a group of us online. Thanks to Colemania we now have a Co-Op group chat (separate to the League chat) where we arrange the games as the chatter can get a bit hectic with so many people involved at one time. If you are interested in playing Co-Op games let us know so we can add you to the group and you'll be kept in the loop.

The first and 'true' Co-Op match type is two or three of 'us' playing against a random online Co-Op team opponent. This is launched as you would expect from the Co-Op games menu. You will need to create a 'clan' before setting up a Co-Op match room but once you have done that, it's reasonably straight forward to invite others to join your Co-op match. Only 2 or 3 players can play this mode, and all play on the same team.

The other Co-Op match type is when we play 2+ players VS 2+ players, ie 4 or more of our own group. We can accommodate uneven numbers as it's not a massive advantage to have more players in these matches. What confuses a lot of people (myself included) is that these 'Co-Op' matches are set up in the online friendly lobby, not the Co-Op menu. You should also remember the following pointers …
    • set a password on the match room to prevent random people joining in
    • If you are the room owner, you must send invites to all the players from the chat group who asked to join
    • If you are not the room owner, join the room by accepting the invite (Press PS button and check your notifications). Don't just try to join the room as you will be prompted for a password that probably hasn't been shared
    • After the match tactics screen, every player is given the opportunity to select a preferred position. The way we play, we ask everybody to choose 'Any' which allows every player to better contribute to the game. If you don't select 'Any' at this point, it will auto select 'FW' and you'll be stuck in that position for the whole match.

That last one is very important, or you could end up playing as Icardi for an entire match, sprint everywhere to overcompensate being so marginalized from the gameplay, and when you are finally given a glorious opportunity to snatch a last minute equalizer, fluff your shot into the keeper from 6 yards out because you've had zero stamina for the last 10 minutes! (This may or may not have happened to someone last night …. :o )

But yeah, the Co-Op games are fantastic fun when you have a good mix. Even us lesser players get an opportunity to shine when we have good team mates playing along side you. Jipo joined in for the first time last night and scored the opening goal and had a great game. I did similar in my first Co-Op game last week. So don't be afraid to join in the fun even if you're not that great!

I actually scored the 1st, the 2nd and cost us the 3rd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Cienciano wrote: »
    One thing on the room password, set it to something simple, I usually use "g", cos it's the default letter the cursor is on when you enter password. It's not online banking, it doesn't need letters, numbers, upper case and a symbol. 1 letter will do!

Lads an even easier way to do it is set it to entrance limitations that way the people you invite wont even need a password plus only people you invite can join but great write up there lads! The co op is always great craic ! The games are usually fairly close aswell !

The other Co-Op match type is when we play 2+ players VS 2+ players, ie 4 or more of our own group. We can accommodate uneven numbers as it's not a massive advantage to have more players in these matches. What confuses a lot of people (myself included) is that these 'Co-Op' matches are set up in the online friendly lobby, not the Co-Op menu. You should also remember the following pointers …
    • set a password on the match room to prevent random people joining in

The co op matches we play between ourselves are set up in the team play lobby not the friendly match lobby aswell lads can be a bit confusing at the start but everyone seems to be getting used to it now ! Would be great craic if we could set up a divison vs divison match which each of us controlling a player ha.

Lads an even easier way to do it is set it to entrance limitations that way the people you invite wont even need a password plus only people you invite can join but great write up there lads! The co op is always great craic ! The games are usually fairly close aswell !

Was just about to post this. I always set it as entrance limitations for the league matches or these coop ones. Much easier.

Great write up Det Somerset. Love the enthusiasm since joining the league!

Colemania wrote: »
    Was just about to post this. I always set it as entrance limitations for the league matches or these coop ones. Much easier.

So can you restrict access to league matches without setting a password? I've tried a few times not setting a password and some random player always joins.

I'm (PSG) online tonight from around 9ish. Have to play Juventus and Marseille, not sure who my 3rd fixture is.

Am around for some co op in between too.

osh wrote: »
    So can you restrict access to league matches without setting a password? I've tried a few times not setting a password and some random player always joins.

Yup, when you're setting up the match, where it says security select entrance limitiaions. Randomers can't join then, only people you invite can join

Yup, when you're setting up the match, where it says security select entrance limitiaions. Randomers can't join then, only people you invite can join

Handy to know for league games too.

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »

Well it's such a well thought out, planned and organized league, and the community you have gathered are so good natured, welcoming and supportive, I've felt immediately comfortable and thought it only fair to share my own experiences in case it helped others who may be hesitant about joining in like I was.

All credit to you, Walter.White and the others who have helped me and the other newbs settle in!

Advertisement