Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

I know it's not acceptable to let matches to be played pile up without valid reason, but what's the thinking about playing future fixtures in advance? I've noticed that the full list of league fixtures are available on the league website, so I know next weeks opponents before Colemania officially posts them. I'm not sure it would ever happen, but if I knew I was going to be unavailable, could I play my future matches a week early or would that not be appropriate?

Actually literally just thought that may not be a good idea as someone may attempt to abuse that right if they had everybody in top form that week. Would still be interested in the official ruling here though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I know it's not acceptable to let matches to be played pile up without valid reason, but what's the thinking about playing future fixtures in advance? I've noticed that the full list of league fixtures are available on the league website, so I know next weeks opponents before Colemania officially posts them. I'm not sure it would ever happen, but if I knew I was going to be unavailable, could I play my future matches a week early or would that not be appropriate?

Actually literally just thought that may not be a good idea as someone may attempt to abuse that right if they had everybody in top form that week. Would still be interested in the official ruling here though.

We trialled it in the last league for our world cup league and every team had 2 or 3 weeks to play their 6 games. Needles to say, many games weren't completed in the time given.......

And yes, someone could choose to wait until they have an in form team until they play their games so we'll leave as is

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Colemania wrote: »
    We trialled it in the last league for our world cup league and every team had 2 or 3 weeks to play their 6 games. Needles to say, many games weren't completed in the time given.......

And yes, someone could choose to wait until they have an in form team until they play their games so we'll leave as is

Also, if one or two teams play a load of games in advance, it distorts the whole table really. Just another *small* reason why it's better the way it is. :)

Not that I pay much attention to the league table myself, personally! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Wilberto wrote: »
    Not that I pay much attention to the league table myself, personally! :pac: :pac:

That league table is sooooo overrated :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Also, if one or two teams play a load of games in advance, it distorts the whole table really. Just another *small* reason why it's better the way it is. :)

Kind of like the team you've picked so ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I should be online all tonight (Man United/itsHoggie), if AC Milan, Monaco or Valencia are about

Crazy co-op games last night lads! We'll get the teams and instructions right eventually :D

Also, don't forget the stick the results from last night's league games. I think there may be 3 or 4 not posted up yet but hard to get away from coop to post it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Coop games are quality. Funny with 4v4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

One thing I've learned though is that I'm a terrible striker.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

West Ham form could be on the up after this today, shocking stuff from united.

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    West Ham form could be on the up after this today, shocking stuff from united.

My guess is that ItsHoggie will be on as soon as possible to get all his games played before Utd go to 'E' form!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My guess is that ItsHoggie will be on as soon as possible to get all his games played before Utd go to 'E' form!! :pac:

:pac: shhhhhh! :pac:

Lads i need
    Napoli, im away
    Madrid, im away
    Southampton, im away
    Inter, im home

Any chance we can get those played before the weekend is out

How are Southampton, Lazio and Valencia fixed for a match against Real Madrid this week?

Today is likely to be good for me all day up till about 10pm. Mon, Tues and Thurs I may not be actively online, but can usually get on for match between 6.30pm and 10pm if a match time is arranged in advance

Lazio, I didn't realise I had you as an opponent this week when we were wasting time playing 5 or 6 Co-Op games together the last couple of nights :D

Plenty of time to play that game

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I'm online if anyone wants to play a very hung over arsenal

Southampton here. I should be online tonight.

I need to play Real Madrid, West Ham, and Lazio.

If any of ye are online later just message me on PSN.

Arsenal here looking to play if anyone's online

Still need to play Valencia and Lazio this week. I note that both of you seem to get online after 10pm on weeknights which is too late for me. Either of you likely to be around earlier than that tonight or on thurs?

Still need to play Valencia and Lazio this week. I note that both of you seem to get online after 10pm on weeknights which is too late for me. Either of you likely to be around earlier than that tonight or on thurs?
    Lazio here, should be around from about 8:00pm tonight

• Advertisement

Just a few little announcements for the Boards League:

Firstly, same rules apply as last week in terms of getting games played by Thursday night. I notice some teams have 4 games to play before Thursday night which means no games were played in the peak times between Friday and Sunday, making it more difficult to play games midweek. This time, without a shadow of a doubt, I will be handing out warnings for games unplayed, be it 1 game or 4 games.

If any teams have 3 or more games to play come Friday, I will be contacting them to determine whether they stay in the league as 6-7 games to catch up on is ridiculous. Any teams with 1 or 2 games to play come Friday will get a warning and will need to play their 4-5 games by the following Wednesday night. If they fail to do so, they are out.

Now, the above may well alter my plans for the knockout stages but as we have 12 teams in each group, I have provisionally drawn up a new qualification system.

1st to 4th in both divisions will now qualify for the PES Champions Cup
    5th to 8th in both divisions will now qualify for the PES Shield
    9th to 12th in both divisions will now qualify for the PES (Wooden) Spoon

Each competition will consist of 4 quarter finals with each round consisting of 2 legs, including the final.

The above may be subject to change if we have dropouts but at this stage, I reckon we may only have 2/3 dropouts max this season.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Lazio here, should be around from about 8:00pm tonight

I said that before I realised its champions league week.

I'm on for a couple of hours just need to play Celtic for this week

I think I went a bit overboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I've got inter Milan (the dunne) to play if there around tonight or let me know when suits

Southampton here, waiting to play West Ham. Might be on tonight after the Liverpool game. If you message me and let me know then I'll definitely log on to play you - should be free from around 10 for a while.

Tried messaging you privately and in the Boards group on PSN. Maybe you don't have the PSN app on your phone so that's why I'm messaging in here. Let me know.

Wilberto, if ever a rage quit was in order, it was after that peno was scored by Chelsea

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Southampton here, waiting to play West Ham. Might be on tonight after the Liverpool game. If you message me and let me know then I'll definitely log on to play you - should be free from around 10 for a while.

Tried messaging you privately and in the Boards group on PSN. Maybe you don't have the PSN app on your phone so that's why I'm messaging in here. Let me know.

Sorry pal, was my bad. Ive had the app on silent since last season so wasnt getting messages. I threw you a message there on the app.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Wilberto, if ever a rage quit was in order, it was after that peno was scored by Chelsea

When I made the sliding challenge I was like "Now that's a tackle and a half! Boom!" (I love a good sliding tackle). Then the ref blew and I was like "What?!! That was a brilliant tackle challenge! He got the ball!"

I'm still convinced I got the ball first.

It was actually a great game though, I thought. With Rangers, they're so sh*te and slow that it's hard to know what my objective should be with them. I just want to make everyone to have to work for the three points that they will inevitably get by the end of the match, and I think I've done a relatively decent job at that. :pac: :)

• Advertisement

Marseille manager martineatworld/scange01 is away until Monday so won't be able to play games until then

Advertisement