Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It also explains why so many of us are ****e compared to you young whipper snappers, as we've got old man reflexes and stiff thumb joints which slow us down. Laugh it up as much as you now though, as we are your future in 10 years time :p

Fúck, another excuse I never thought of!
    That reminds me, since I upgraded my broadband to virgin, I've had almost completely lag free games against randomers in myclub and online divisions. The only laggy games I've had were matchs in the boards league. Anyone else lag free or notice any lag problems anywhere? BTW, not enough for a rematch, just noticeably slower reaction times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Cienciano wrote: »
    That reminds me, since I upgraded my broadband to virgin, I've had almost completely lag free games against randomers in myclub and online divisions. The only laggy games I've had were matchs in the boards league. Anyone else lag free or notice any lag problems anywhere? BTW, not enough for a rematch, just noticeably slower reaction times.

Amazingly, my league games have been very good. Maybe very tiny little bits here and there, usually at the very start about 5/10 minutes in for some reason, and is then fine from there! Nothing that really alters the change of play though at all.

Some Coop games though are a different story with me being kicked out on several occasions! :pac: With coop though there's around 6 connections so it's understandable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Mine has been lag free 95% of the time but there's 1 or 2 people I play who I've always had lag against so I'm blaming them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Anyone else lag free or notice any lag problems anywhere?

I've had one game that was affected by lag. I didn't take obvious note of it, but if I had to try and figure out, I would have said it was the one I played against you! :P

Clearly that's why I lost, and it had nothing to do with you playing much better over the 90 minutes :D

Other than that, I don't obviously recall any lag in the games between boards players, even the co-op games.

I've had one game that was affected by lag. I didn't take obvious note of it, but if I had to try and figure out, I would have said it was the one I played against you! :P

Clearly that's why I lost, and it had nothing to do with you playing much better over the 90 minutes :D

Other than that, I don't obviously recall any lag in the games between boards players, even the co-op games.

I won a game with serious lag so I said nothing :pac:, but it could have been the game against you. That was unbelievably laggy! Like it would stop for 5 seconds, I was thinking we'd get a disconnect then the game would fast forward to catch up. That happened every second game with my old broadband, it was the first time it happened with the new one. Co-op games seem grand for me, I remember wilberto getting kicked before though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I won a game with serious lag so I said nothing :pac:, but it could have been the game against you. That was unbelievably laggy! Like it would stop for 5 seconds, I was thinking we'd get a disconnect then the game would fast forward to catch up. That happened every second game with my old broadband, it was the first time it happened with the new one. Co-op games seem grand for me, I remember wilberto getting kicked before though.

This is exactly what it's like for a few of the coop games for me. Some/most are okay, but others are borderline unplayable, usually resulting in me getting kicked! :pac:

I know I have awful BB though.

Wilberto wrote: »
    This is exactly what it's like for a few of the coop games for me. Some/most are okay, but others are borderline unplayable, usually resulting in me getting kicked! :pac:

That sucks, fella. In the one game where I had lag it was mostly a case of a stuttering of the visuals, never for like 5 seconds but more like freeze for one second, back for one second, freeze for one second, back for one second, kinda like a really ****ty framerate. The worst thing is that if I tried to press a button during the lag it's 50/50 whether it will register or not, so when trying to time a pass or shot it is frustrating. Thankfully it's only been the one league match on boards so far though. And it makes sense as to how I lost to Cienciano now so that's also a relief :D

What's the story with penalties as well? I've taken 2 in the league and 2 in our co-op and missed all four of them. I know I can see where I'm aiming by holding down R2 but the keepers have always gone the right way, including when I tried to be clever and smash it down the centre.

Am I just unlucky or is there a tell the keepers are able to read? I've never faced an online penalty so I don't know what opposing keepers can see. 0 from 4 seems like there's something wrong with my technique/strategy. I would like to be able to ditch my growing reputation as the Riyad Mahrez of penalties in the league! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Just wondering people's age and sex as the wife gives me dogs abuse about playing online football in league
    I'm 42 and male
    If u don't want to comment that's ok too

I'm 38 and male. Wife doesn't mind me gaming but I only play PES so I'm not on the PS all the time. I can normally only stick about 2 hours at a time, myself.

Wilberto wrote: »

Are you in the sticks or is it worth getting a different provider? I was with digiweb, transferred to virgin, the difference is unreal. And I get free tv for the first year too for the same price as digiweb. I almost gave up on PES online cos the lag was killing it for me.
    What's the story with penalties as well? I've taken 2 in the league and 2 in our co-op and missed all four of them. I know I can see where I'm aiming by holding down R2 but the keepers have always gone the right way, including when I tried to be clever and smash it down the centre.

Am I just unlucky or is there a tell the keepers are able to read? I've never faced an online penalty so I don't know what opposing keepers can see. 0 from 4 seems like there's something wrong with my technique/strategy. I would like to be able to ditch my growing reputation as the Riyad Mahrez of penalties in the league! :pac:
    Just unlucky I reckon. I played wilberto a few weeks ago, think he saved 3 penos. I haven't missed one since. Play the myclub competions, lots of them go to penos, good practice against human online players. Or set up lobbies where after a draw it goes straight to penos.

• Advertisement

Are you in the sticks or is it worth getting a different provider? I was with digiweb, transferred to virgin, the difference is unreal. And I get free tv for the first year too for the same price as digiweb. I almost gave up on PES online cos the lag was killing it for me.

Unfortunately it's the former. It won't be getting better any time soon either I'd say.

Just unlucky I reckon. Play the myclub competions, lots of them go to penos, good practice against human online players.

Seem to recall my overall record of offline shootouts is fairly crap this year as well I think I'm about 1-4 and in the last one I only scored one from seven pens which adds to the thinking I'm doing something wrong. I was fine with pens last year though, so I don't know. Must try to practice them some more as you say

Seem to recall my overall record of offline shootouts is fairly crap this year as well I think I'm about 1-4 and in the last one I only scored one from seven pens which adds to the thinking I'm doing something wrong. I was fine with pens last year though, so I don't know. Must try to practice them some more as you say

I've been holding the shoot button down longer recently, scored a good few into the bottom corner even with the keeper going the right way. Try powering up more, but don't aim right for the corner, aim just inside.

Anyone recommend good teams for online divisions? Ones that seem good and have high points? Liverpool are something like 400 and they're very good. Anyone else?

I've been holding the shoot button down longer recently, scored a good few into the bottom corner even with the keeper going the right way. Try powering up more, but don't aim right for the corner, aim just inside.

Anyone recommend good teams for online divisions? Ones that seem good and have high points? Liverpool are something like 400 and they're very good. Anyone else?

More power definitely needed on penalties alright

Regards teams for divisions, wolves and Watford are decent but you're gonna go up against a super team so hard to know

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I play as palace. They can drive you mental but are decent up front and almost 500 points

Are man city avalible

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Just wondering people's age and sex as the wife gives me dogs abuse about playing online football in league
    I'm 42 and male
    If u don't want to comment that's ok too

47, You whippersnappers ðŸ˜. Been around since ISS 98.
    I play with the power bars switched off on the screen settings. Not sure if that gives the opponent an advantage, I'm just used to it. I also have the commentary muted the last few years, it's annoyingly woeful, much better without it!

Just a reminder that Valencia and Inter have until tonight to play their outstanding games.

All other teams must play their games by tomorrow night or will get a warning.

Unlucky from Batsey last night.

2jsce7.jpg

I really hope Batesy gets to play his remaining fixture before his deadline tonight. He's made a great effort this week to catch up on his unplayed fixtures and had to endure some harsh scorelines in the process. I'd feel really bad for him if after all that he still got booted from the league, even if I appreciate that Colemania needs to run a tight ship for the benefit of the rest of us.

• Advertisement

I really hope Batesy gets to play his remaining fixture before his deadline tonight. He's made a great effort this week to catch up on his unplayed fixtures and had to endure some harsh scorelines in the process. I'd feel really bad for him if after all that he still got booted from the league, even if I appreciate that Colemania needs to run a tight ship for the benefit of the rest of us.

Don't worry, I've messaged him privately. I run a tight but fair ship :D

Colemania wrote: »
    Don't worry, I've messaged him privately. I run a tight but fair ship :D

Well shiver me timbers! Well played, Cap'n! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Man united around tonight ? I can get on tonight around 9.30 can't get on for the rest of the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Man united around tonight ? I can get on tonight around 9.30 can't get on for the rest of the week

Should be on then yeah

Looking to play man city. Avalible at any stage tonight. arsenal here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Think i might be forced to resign as PSG manager...

Just got beaten by Rangers :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ive still to play valencia and milan, wont be around till friday to play them

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Ive still to play valencia and inter, wont be around till friday to play them

Their deadline is tonight. You definitely can't get on tonight no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Colemania wrote: »
    Their deadline is tonight. You definitely can't get on tonight no?

Will be 2.30 before im home from work

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Will be 2.30 before im home from work

Ok no bother. I know there's not much days you can play so try organise to get your games played in the days or evenings you have free.

Advertisement