Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Colemania wrote: »
    Just landed there at 10 this morning :P

… any sign of the second one yet? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just a forewarning, I'm fairly busy at work this week so won't get around to drawing up the tournaments until tomorrow night more than likely.

Another main reason for this is the vast amount of games which look like will be unplayed by the end of the night. I will have to decide what to do with these and have to go back through the threads on here and psn to see who declared themselves available to play the most and award wins to the team that was available to play the most.

This will mean big changes to the tables so will require a lot of extra work to sort out so I hope you can appreciate the reasons for any delays in getting the cup games drawn up

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Just a forewarning, I'm fairly busy at work this week so won't get around to drawing up the tournaments until tomorrow night more than likely.

Another main reason for this is the vast amount of games which look like will be unplayed by the end of the night. I will have to decide what to do with these and have to go back through the threads on here and psn to see who declared themselves available to play the most and award wins to the team that was available to play the most.

This will mean big changes to the tables so will require a lot of extra work to sort out so I hope you can appreciate the reasons for any delays in getting the cup games drawn up

Roma won 4-1 tonight so a delay until Thursday suits me fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Monaco here, been sick all weekends lads, I'm usually free to play. Apologies to those I've missed. I'm happy to give walkovers if cole agrees, you would have beat me anyway. Monaco are beyond

I see the post season fixtures have been posted. What is the timeframe for the matches in each round, Cole?

I can be available from about 6pm to 10pm most evenings this with a bit of notice. Unusually I'm completely unavailable this coming Saturday, but I'll probably be knocked out by then anyway if DJK isn't too handicapped by Celtic :P

• Advertisement

Morning lads. Managed to get the cups drawn up this morning after issuing walkovers for 4 teams: West Ham, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona

So, the only one that needs explaining really is the playoff in the PES Shield. West Ham will play Atletico Madrid in a 2 legged playoff game in which the winner proceeds to play Man United in the quarter final.

The winner of the playoff must also play their quarter final by next Sunday night.

So now the rules for the rest of the games in the cups. Each game will be 2 legs, 1 home and 1 away. There are no away goals seeing as being home or away doesn't really affect anything in PES.

Games are to be played by Sunday night each week, seeing as these are starting on a Monday. Unless someone is on holidays, there is no excuse whatsoever not to get your 2 games played in 7 days.

The lads in the newly formed PES Wooden Spoon, as you go straight into semi finals, you may get your games played by the following Sunday if you wish, just to have all the finals on in 1 week but if you wish to play the semi finals this week, that's completely fine too.

Any questions?

I see the post season fixtures have been posted. What is the timeframe for the matches in each round, Cole?

I can be available from about 6pm to 10pm most evenings this with a bit of notice. Unusually I'm completely unavailable this coming Saturday, but I'll probably be knocked out by then anyway if DJK isn't too handicapped by Celtic :P

Have just explained it now, give me a chance :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Valencia discovering that those extra 2 points over Monaco are effectively worth a place in a final. :pac: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wilberto wrote: »
    Valencia discovering that those extra 2 points over Monaco are effectively worth a place in a final. :pac: :)

Did he get 5 points?
    Cause he was always getting 3 against me!

Lads do any of ye think its a coincidence that loads of pilots in Ireland are reporting sights of an unidentified object shortly after philamentals free kick the other night. ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Morning lads. Managed to get the cups drawn up this morning after issuing walkovers for 4 teams: West Ham, Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona

So, the only one that needs explaining really is the playoff in the PES Shield. West Ham will play Atletico Madrid in a 2 legged playoff game in which the winner proceeds to play Lazio in the quarter final.

The winner of the playoff must also play their quarter final by next Sunday night.

So now the rules for the rest of the games in the cups. Each game will be 2 legs, 1 home and 1 away. There are no away goals seeing as being home or away doesn't really affect anything in PES.

Games are to be played by Sunday night each week, seeing as these are starting on a Monday. Unless someone is on holidays, there is no excuse whatsoever not to get your 2 games played in 7 days.

The lads in the newly formed PES Wooden Spoon, as you go straight into semi finals, you may get your games played by the following Sunday if you wish, just to have all the finals on in 1 week but if you wish to play the semi finals this week, that's completely fine too.

Any questions?

Ath Madrid available Tuesday & Wednesday from 6-10pm to get the playoff completed & possibly the QF match.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Planetpotter I'm avalible most of the time. If you give me an idea when suits you we can work around it. Thanks

Lads do any of ye think its a coincidence that loads of pilots in Ireland are reporting sights of an unidentified object shortly after philamentals free kick the other night. ??

One of them landed in Cole's back garden the following morning but it sounds like the second one must still be flying around! :pac: :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Not sure who Milan is but I'll be around Monday to Thursday from about 9.30 each night or from 7 tonight.

I'm away in Brussels from Friday to late Sunday night so would be great to get these played ASAP.

I'll be on tonight and tomorrow night if Juve is around to play out our Italian Derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Someone needed to upload a replay of this free kick.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Someone needed to upload a replay of this free kick.

I'll try describe it in as much detail as possible....

Out on the left wing near the touchline probably between half way and the box, Philamental steps up to take a free kick. We all expected a lofted cross into the box but what we got was an all merciful punt over the near touchline out of the stadium :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Not sure who Milan is but I'll be around Monday to Thursday from about 9.30 each night or from 7 tonight.

I'm away in Brussels from Friday to late Sunday night so would be great to get these played ASAP.

That’s me. I can probably get on at some stage tonight.

Out on the left wing near the touchline probably between half way and the box, Philamental steps up to take a free kick. We all expected a lofted cross into the box but what we got was an all merciful punt over the near touchline out of the stadium :D

Think Ronan o gara kicking to touch but turns around and punts it out over the stadium in the opposite direction !

osh wrote: »
    That’s me. I can probably get on at some stage tonight.

Grand I'll give you a shout later on so.

• Advertisement

Think Ronan o gara kicking to touch but turns around and punts it out over the stadium in the opposite direction !

:D:D:D

Ok so this is really what happened! … I'm lining a free kick up on the left hand side about 10 yards in from the touchline and half way line. I'm attempting to lob the ball into the box and lining it up, when suddenly some gob****e supporter on the top balcony of the nearby stand started saying unrepeatable things about my beloved mother! Seeing red, I aimed directly for him and launched the ball at the f**er's head! I think I hit him cause I didn't hear another word from him …. but maybe that's just because of the noise from the incessant laughter from the other Co-Op players for the rest of the night :p

I swear, when it happened I wanted the earth to just open up and swallow me. It was like the stupidest thing I could have done, and because it was a set piece, everyone was focused on who was taking it so there was no way anyone would have missed it. Recently Wilberto mentioned his manual playing opponent sky-ed a cross woefully and it was something that he recognized as something he does himself on manual on occasion and thus he shared his pain …. The cross was something even worse than that except I had zero excuse when I wasn't even playing manual! :o

Honestly though, if nobody had said anything I'd have felt worse but the piss taking I received on the night and since has helped me just laugh it off, so thanks fellas, and I'm definitely on Free Kicks again next Co-Op session as I want to see if I can take down a satellite next time around :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

.....and I'm definitely on Free Kicks again next Co-Op session....

Not if I have anything to say about it*! ;):)

*Which I don't anyway as it seems to be at random. :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Not if I have anything to say about it*! ;):)

*Which I don't anyway as it seems to be at random. :pac:

:pac::pac::pac:

I can just imagine the next time I'm in Co-Op and a free kick is given and everyone will hold their breath to see if I get the honour … :eek:

Edit: Of course I've just remembered, you took the bizarre approach of actually kicking the ball into the goal from your free kicks that night! Whatever floats your boat, I suppose, but where's the fun in that? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Planetpotter I'm avalible most of the time. If you give me an idea when suits you we can work around it. Thanks

Reggie, I'll be around most evenings apart from Friday and this evening - usually available between half 6 and half 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Ath Madrid available Tuesday & Wednesday from 6-10pm to get the playoff completed & possibly the QF match.

I'll be available to play tuesday to get our games done. Ill message ya between 6-10

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Reggie, I'll be around most evenings apart from Friday and this evening - usually available between half 6 and half 9
    Perfect thanks for that. Will try get on tomorrow night about 7pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So, the only one that needs explaining really is the playoff in the PES Shield. West Ham will play Atletico Madrid in a 2 legged playoff game in which the winner proceeds to play Lazio in the quarter final.

I'm guessing you mean the winner of west ham atletico plays Man-u? Lazio are down to play barca

Cienciano wrote: »
    I'm guessing you mean the winner of west ham atletico plays Man-u? Lazio are down to play barca

Yes sorry

Just finished my games against Kingosh and we realised something after the first leg.

What happens if its a draw after 2 games?

• Advertisement

Just finished my games against Kingosh and we realised something after the first leg.

What happens if its a draw after 2 games?

3rd game of 5 minute halves and straight to penalties if its a draw again

Advertisement