Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just finished my games against Kingosh and we realised something after the first leg.

What happens if its a draw after 2 games?

The third game is played from the same lobby except with the minimum length match (I think it's five (and it also goes by so very quickly :eek:)), plus turn on penalties as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Southampton's Champions Cup dream is over :(
    Sad day at St Mary's. Kenneth is writing up the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Southampton's Champions Cup dream is over :(
    Sad day at St Mary's. Kenneth is writing up the result.

Some going to get that far as Southampton!

Sorry Juve, for some reason my WiFi is acting up and I can't get online, we'll have to reschedule. Hopefully it is back working tomorrow and that something isn't after breaking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So, don't beat Liverpool or they'll make you pay :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »

First loss of the season, I couldn't go out like that! :D

Colemania wrote: »
    First loss of the season, I couldn't go out like that! :D

I can be on around 10 tonight Juve if that suits ? Internet started working around 12.30 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

It was A LOT closer than it looks. Tie was level mid way through 2nd half of the 2nd leg when I had two glorious chances to take the lead but keeper saved and then I hit the post with almost an open goal. Salah goes straight down the other end then, has a shot that's saved but falls perfectly for him to tap in and take the lead in the tie 60 odd mins. Demoralising it was, for it to happen so quick. Went attacking then which my defenders didn't thank me for but was behind with nothing to lose to said shag it!

Sturridge's goal in the last minute of the first leg to keep him in it was a rebounder as well. Didn't get the breaks in the crucial moments. You need that against in form Liverpool! He'll be a hard man to stop anyway lads best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I can be on around 10 tonight Juve if that suits ? Internet started working around 12.30 last night

Yea should suit!

It was A LOT closer than it looks. Tie was level mid way through 2nd half of the 2nd leg when I had two glorious chances to take the lead but keeper saved and then I hit the post with almost an open goal. Salah goes straight down the other end then, has a shot that's saved but falls perfectly for him to tap in and take the lead in the tie 60 odd mins. Demoralising it was, for it to happen so quick. Went attacking then which my defenders didn't thank me for but was behind with nothing to lose to said shag it!

Sturridge's goal in the last minute of the first leg to keep him in it was a rebounder as well. Didn't get the breaks in the crucial moments. You need that against in form Liverpool! He'll be a hard man to stop anyway lads best of luck!

Definitely wouldn't have been more than 4-1 if you didn't have to chase the game. Hit the post myself in the first half and my players didn't react to 2 tap ins so had my own share of bad luck but thats PES for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Wins 8-1 …. complains about bad luck!

That's a ban-able offence right there. I'm gonna have a word with the league organizer and …. oh …. right …. nothing to see here, carry on!

:cool: :pac:

Wins 8-1 …. complains about bad luck!

That's a ban-able offence right there. I'm gonna have a word with the league organizer and …. oh …. right …. nothing to see here, carry on!

:cool: :pac:

Ha I was just saying it was bad luck on both sides, like most games :pac:

OK, it's time to tell Coleman. We all got together at the start of the league and decided we'd let you win this year. A sort of thank you for organising the league. I hope you're enjoying it. :pac:

OK, it's time to tell Coleman. We all got together at the start of the league and decided we'd let you win this year. A sort of thank you for organising the league. I hope you're enjoying it. :pac:

Ya that nil all draw with you just reeked of letting me win the league alright..... :pac:

On a serious note, don't think there's any stopping Arsenal but if Damo had a much better team than Roma, he'd give him a great game. Still might mind you, providing he gets past Juventus

Ya that nil all draw with you just reeked of letting me win the league alright..... :pac:

On a serious note, don't think there's any stopping Arsenal but if Damo had a much better team than Roma, he'd give him a great game. Still might mind you, providing he gets past Juventus

I was going to wait until after the post season before asking but seeing as you're touching on it there, is there a common consensus as to who the top 3 or 4 players are at this stage after 3 previous seasons or is it hard to assess when you have the likes of DJK and Bijilf (who seem to me to be top players) restricting themselves with lesser teams? All things being equal, is there an accepted hierarchy or is that a loaded question that will cause fireworks? :D

I was going to wait until after the post season before asking but seeing as you're touching on it there, is there a common consensus as to who the top 3 or 4 players are at this stage after 3 previous seasons or is it hard to assess when you have the likes of DJK and Bijilf (who seem to me to be top players) restricting themselves with lesser teams? All things being equal, is there an accepted hierarchy or is that a loaded question that will cause fireworks? :D

Firstly, Davidjkennedy and Koolhanger were a bit down the pecking order for picks but chose lesser teams out of their own free will. In my opinion, yes these are 2 of the top 5 or 6 players in this league.

Before this season, I would probably say Damo is the best we've had since we've started these leagues but reganreggie seems to be the best of the lot this season although can he do it with Stoke on a wet night in November? :D

Stephen is the reigning PES League champion when he won the World Cup pes league with Denmark beating Wales in the final, managed by Damo. 2 of the weaker squads in the league also.

So ya we have a good mix. I'm not putting myself into contention at all in this and for a good reason. My record in previous leagues isn't great and I'm using one of the best attacking teams in PES this season so it's not fair to judge based on this season.

With equal standard of teams, the dream final is probably reganreggie versus Damo to see who is the best in the league but on their day, anyone of possibly 5 or 6 in this league could also beat both these lads.

Oh, and also this season Damo and reggie are om the same side of the draw so can't actually meet in the final!

Some seriously good players in the league to be fair. I felt that I was much better at pro 18 than I am at this one. I've an in form Ronaldo and Juve to play next !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

On a personal note, and as this is my first attempt at the PES league, I'm delighted I got to mix with the big boys (however briefly)

One lesson I have learned is to mix up the tactics and formations a bit rather than stubbornly adhering to the one way of playing - I did that for the first game against Reggie and barring two defensive howlers I might (might) have won that first leg - although I should add that Reggie is still the better of the two of us

Anyways, that's my two cents, I really enjoyed this league, despite some humbling defeats, and I'll be back for the next one

Cheers Cole, great job you've done here

Juventus 0 Roma 7 ....maybe 8

I'm **** and can't defend against anyone decent , no second leg necessary , off to bed
    I feel the pain with this match report.

On a personal note, and as this is my first attempt at the PES league, I'm delighted I got to mix with the big boys (however briefly)

One lesson I have learned is to mix up the tactics and formations a bit rather than stubbornly adhering to the one way of playing - I did that for the first game against Reggie and barring two defensive howlers I might (might) have won that first leg - although I should add that Reggie is still the better of the two of us

Anyways, that's my two cents, I really enjoyed this league, despite some humbling defeats, and I'll be back for the next one

Cheers Cole, great job you've done here
    I pretty much don't play myclub anymore because changing formation is made impossible. It's literally impossible to play formations I want, if I get a new manager his stats are too low to play formations I want and you can't improve them because it's impossible to get those stat boost thingies.

• Advertisement

That whole formation thing in myClub is the only reason I don't go back to it. I have a good team and got Klopp as manager to play 4-3-3 but you can't even really edit positions within a formation that much.

On another note - really enjoyed the tournament again, lads. Got a couple of hammerings at the start and then reverted to five at the back. That worked for the most part but Kenneth/Chelsea beat we well in the quarters. There are only so many one-twos I can play between Danny Ings and Charlie Austin - Kenneth had me found out by the second half of our first leg.

Great group of lads here and some very enthusiastic additions were made this season. Can't remember the names off the top of my head but they might be Det Somerset and Hercule Poirot?

Regarding the best - Damo would be my pick, 100%. Has consistently impressed since season 1.
    Colemaniser has been unreal with Liverpool this season, though. Also, I've never played ReganReggie but his group record with Arsenal was pretty phenomenal, too.

There are some seriously quality players in the league. Kenneth is another one. He should've beaten me by far more than 3 in the second leg of our quarter-final.

I'd like to see the two semi-finals if they are being streamed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

On a separate note,

Myself, Damo, Philamental and Kingosh had some great Co Op games last night, if anyone hasnt played yet, I'd highly recommend it.

That whole formation thing in myClub is the only reason I don't go back to it. I have a good team and got Klopp as manager to play 4-3-3 but you can't even really edit positions within a formation that much.
    Exact same situation with me. I have klopp, but even if you get a new manager with a different formation, your team stats will be too high for him.
    It's online divisions for me, kicking ass with Crystal Palace.

As for best players in the league, Damo has got to be the best I played. In fact, I reckon I've only ever played one other guy online that was better. I did play Reggie in a friendly, quality player too but game was plagued with really bad lag so hard to judge.
    Koolhanger with anyone other than southamption is up there too. But the most ridiclious one sided game I've ever been involved in was against Coleman but it somehow ended 0-0. About 10 1-on-1's missed, it was comical.

Exact same situation with me. I have klopp, but even if you get a new manager with a different formation, your team stats will be too high for him.
    It's online divisions for me, kicking ass with Crystal Palace.

As for best players in the league, Damo has got to be the best I played. In fact, I reckon I've only ever played one other guy online that was better. I did play Reggie in a friendly, quality player too but game was plagued with really bad lag so hard to judge.
    Koolhanger with anyone other than southamption is up there too. But the most ridiclious one sided game I've ever been involved in was against Coleman but it somehow ended 0-0. About 10 1-on-1's missed, it was comical.

No it wasn't :(

Damn strahkosa was on some grade A kind of drugs that night! Not many shots were off target!

I'd like to see the two semi-finals if they are being streamed?

I was wondering about whether it might be possible to watch some of the semis and finals too. It might be too much to ask someone to go to the bother of setting up a stream, but am I right in saying you can invite someone to join a lobby and they can choose to watch rather than play? If that's right, it might be the best way for people to see the games.
    On a separate note,

Myself, Damo, Philamental and Kingosh had some great Co Op games last night, if anyone hasnt played yet, I'd highly recommend it.

Yep, I fully endorse this, just in case any of the other league players haven't yet considered playing co-op. I don't think I can recall anybody joining in and not enjoying the experience. On the contrary, most seem to end up getting addicted to the 'just one more game then' mentality. So if you're on the fence about taking part, just give it a lash and I'm sure you won't regret it. Only warning I'd offer is just don't pick Ireland if you're in control of team selection as just like in real life, they're sh**e :D

On a related note, at one stage we were playing the version where 3 of us take on 3 randomers, and while we did exceptionally well as Man City every team we were playing was a high level MyClub side. Of the three of us who were playing, I'm the only one with a MyClub side. Could we have played co op with my 'myclub' last night if we wanted to or do all players need to have a myclub set up first?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Could we have played co op with my 'myclub' last night if we wanted to or do all players need to have a myclub set up first?

I'm pretty sure we tried that before another night and the game told the person who hadn't set up a MyClub team that they have to complete the MyClub tutorial first.

Now, the tutorial only takes like 2 minutes (not even), but another issue is that their players will be awful so you could be handicapping yourself straight away against other MyClub sides. :)

No it wasn't :(

Damn strahkosa was on some grade A kind of drugs that night! Not many shots were off target!

Shots fired into the top corner from close range were somehow saved. It was comical, the pace didn't let up for a moment all game either. Sometimes there's a 10 minute spell like that where a team can't get out of their own box, but it was for 90 minutes!

Wilberto wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure we tried that before another night and the game told the person who hadn't set up a MyClub team that they have to complete the MyClub tutorial first.

Now, the tutorial only takes like 2 minutes (not even), but another issue is that their players will be awful so you could be handicapping yourself straight away against other MyClub sides. :)

Ah! That's what I was afraid of. Thanks for the clarification, Wil. No real point to it then unless all participating players are already actively involved in myClub. As I mentioned we did just fine playing as Man City anyway.

Some great players in this league. Koolhanger gave me the run around with Southampton dread to think what would've happened if he had a decent team ha, still don't know how I managed to get a draw in our second game. Don't even think I had a shot.

Coleman has been excellent this season and i think this game suits him much more than the last one, the same with Kenneth his consistently good and his excellent in this game. That should be a cracker of a game

Beastermac can be unplayable when his in the mood as many of us know from last season! He was at it again this season with Bilbao! Davidj is the same! Definetely the two best dribblers in the league. Don't think I've seen David pick a top team yet!

But having played ReganReggie in a few friendlies what the lads are saying is true ! His probably the best I've played not just here but online his attacking is very hard to stop! Still don't know how I'm going to approach beating Arsenal with the pace of my backline ha!

• Advertisement

Now that my season is finished in this league, I'm hoping to take part in a lot more of the co-op games ye do be playing. They are insanely good craic!

I have a myClub team which is decent so I'd be interested in seeing if I can set up the co-op with that team. That was the only reason I created a myClub team, tbh. Just so I could play co-op with two local friends against teams without being at a disadvantage from the off.

As the month's progressed on last season's game there was only about a 5% chance you would come up against a co-op team using a 'normal' real team. They were all fantastic myClub lineups!

Advertisement