Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Does it take much effort /time to get some decent myclub players. Might be worth me doing for the co op too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Koolhanger wrote: »
    As the month's progressed on last season's game there was only about a 5% chance you would come up against a co-op team using a 'normal' real team. They were all fantastic myClub lineups!

It's even more ridiculous this season with the whole "featured players" crap. You could easily have a lesser know player playing at the same level as Messi or Neymar! :rolleyes:

That said, I don't know if I've played any MyClub games (apart from co-op obvs). I only log in to collect the rewards at this rate. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I'd be up for some my club co op. My team is good as some weeks I stupidly spend money on coins to get the players or the week. I do have a 92 mpabbe up front though along with a 96 neymar !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

My myclub team is ok, but ffs, getting black ball positions you have loads of already is annoying. I had to convert Buffon to trainer cos I had 3 keepers far better already. Finally got otamendi at about 87, but my defence is shít. I don't want another winger, cf, attacking midfield, ss or cmf.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

osh wrote: »
    Does it take much effort /time to get some decent myclub players. Might be worth me doing for the co op too

It's a bit grindy to get a great team as you have to log in and play regularly to get the GP and Agents you need to get the better players …. or you could pay to win and buy coins with real money and get up to speed fairly quickly but expensively. Best thing to do is probably just get started now and keep chipping away with it here and there and you'll have a decent enough side after a few weeks.

When I upgraded to digital in the (still ongoing) PSN sale I decided to get the Legend Edition and I got Maradona from that who I think statistically speaking is the best player in the game with a 97 rating. Only played a couple of games with him so far but can't say I've noticed him being anything special but that's probably cause I'm crap :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well lads, there's 2 Shield quarter finals remaining so if these happen to get played by Friday, I'll open up the semi finals in all cups to be played starting from Saturday

DJK already confirmed he won't be around until Sunday so Celtic v Real Madrid won't be played until then.

DJK already confirmed he won't be around until Sunday so Celtic v Real Madrid won't be played until then.

Ok no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I've really enjoyed the league and thought the standard was generally excellent but the players that stuck out for me where Celtic, Chelsea and in particular Roma. I think being arsenal covered a lot of the cracks in my game.

Perhaps when all the cups are over we should have a knockout comp where we all pick the same team to determine who's the best player. Just an idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Colemania wrote: »
    Well lads, there's 2 Shield quarter finals remaining so if these happen to get played by Friday, I'll open up the semi finals in all cups to be played starting from Saturday

I'm away from today until Monday so just a heads up for whoever I've got in case you're looking for me.

PSG here, think it's United I have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Colemania wrote: »

Myself and AZ are due to play tomorrow or Saturday, but I can support sooner if he gets free.

Perhaps when all the cups are over we should have a knockout comp where we all pick the same team to determine who's the best player. Just an idea.
    Good idea there.

If we could organise some sort of a co op tournament that would be great craic, who'd be interested lads ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya I’d love a co op tourney

Christmas Coop PES tournament?

Count me in.

Co op tourney sign up

1 Luckycharms
    2 Callaway92
    3 Colemania
    4 Walter.white
    5 Cienciano
    6 Osh
    7 Wilberto
    8 Reganreggie
    9:Hercule Poirot
    10 steeleydanjalapeno
    11 Koolhanger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

In

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yeah I'd be up for that if ye don't mind a manual player on your team. It's grand messing about in somewhat meaningless games but when it comes to a tournament I don't want to be handicapping anyone else. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I'm awful at co op but I'd play as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'm away from today until Monday so just a heads up for whoever I've got in case you're looking for me.

PSG here, think it's United I have?

That’s grand give me a shout Monday when you’re available.

Now that my season is finished in this league, I'm hoping to take part in a lot more of the co-op games ye do be playing. They are insanely good craic!

I have a myClub team which is decent so I'd be interested in seeing if I can set up the co-op with that team. That was the only reason I created a myClub team, tbh. Just so I could play co-op with two local friends against teams without being at a disadvantage from the off.

As the month's progressed on last season's game there was only about a 5% chance you would come up against a co-op team using a 'normal' real team. They were all fantastic myClub lineups!

Good thing about a my club co op team is you can actually change the formation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'm in for co-op thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

In for co op too

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Good thing about a my club co op team is you can actually change the formation

Just noticed that tonight!

Played first ever co-op games with myClub team with two local guests.

Just noticed that tonight!

Played first ever co-op games with myClub team with two local guests.

Anytime you want a my club co op game give me a shout

There's bound to be free kicks that need to be taken in that Co Op tournament so count me in! :pac:

Has anyone anything specific in mind for the format? How about something like this as a discussion opener?

6 teams of two players (we're almost at the 12 player mark now) with any additional names added as a third player to one of the teams.

Round Robin league format so every team plays five games. At the end, we have three 'finals' of 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th and 5th vs 6th.

Total of 6 matches to be played. If you consider a match to last about 30 mins that would theoretically mean that a tournament could be completed in about 3 hrs if all players were available and matches were played simultaneously. So it could be done in one night, or across two nights if that was easier to commit to.

Obviously there are lots of other ways to do something like this, so what other ideas had people in mind?

There's bound to be free kicks that need to be taken in that Co Op tournament so count me in! :pac:

Has anyone anything specific in mind for the format? How about something like this as a discussion opener?

6 teams of two players (we're almost at the 12 player mark now) with any additional names added as a third player to one of the tea
    ms.

Round Robin league format so every team plays five games. At the end, we have three 'finals' of 1st vs 2nd, 3rd vs 4th and 5th vs 6th.

Total of 6 matches to be played. If you consider a match to last about 30 mins that would theoretically mean that a tournament could be completed in about 3 hrs if all players were available and matches were played simultaneously. So it could be done in one night, or across two nights if that was easier to commit to.

Obviously there are lots of other ways to do something like this, so what other ideas had people in mind?

Some great ideas there man , not sure what way we are going to work it out yet! Might be straight knockout seeing as its hard to get people online at the same time. The format will depend on commitment and numbers. Not sure what way to work out the pairings might have a random draw once the teams are finalised !

Should be good craic anyway !

• Advertisement

Anyone else want in on the co op tourney lads ?

Advertisement