Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Cienciano wrote: »
    Sorry, but I just don't believe that happened.

It happened and all manual shots !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

@det somerset if its ok with colemania would you be up for getting our final out of the way this weekend? I've got a college project due in on the 4th so i'm going to be flat out all next week to get it finished and i'm not home from work until nearly 7 most evenings.

If thats not ok its no problem Colemania, i'll make time at some stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

@det somerset if its ok with colemania would you be up for getting our final out of the way this weekend? I've got a college project due in on the 4th so i'm going to be flat out all next week to get it finished and i'm not home from work until nearly 7 most evenings.

Ya thats no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

That suits me perfectly, fella. Generally much easier for me to play at weekends anyway. What day and rough time do you think might work for you and we can try aim for that?

EDIT: Can now see that it's a two leg final after checking the leaguerepublic website page so have answered my own question.

That suits me perfectly, fella. Generally much easier for me to play at weekends anyway. What day and rough time do you think might work for you and we can try aim for that?

EDIT: Can now see that it's a two leg final after checking the leaguerepublic website page so have answered my own question.

2 legged finals ya. In season 1, it was supposed to be a 1 legged final but the lads competing in it wanted it to be 2 legs so we've kept it like that every since.

Also, we usually do a super cup after finals week so seeing as we have 3 cups this time for the first time ever, we'll have a super cup semi final between the Shield and Wooden Spoon winners, 2 legs also, and the winner plays the winner of the Champions Cup in the Super Cup final (2 legs)

• Advertisement

Also, for anyone in the coop chat on PSN, if you're not active in it, you may as well mute the messages on the PS4 and if you have the app, you can also go to settings and then push notifications off.

Rather than leading the chat and having to add you again or have to put up with constant notifications, just do the above

Colemania wrote: »
    Also, for anyone in the coop chat on PSN, if you're not active in it, you may as well mute the messages on the PS4 and if you have the app, you can also go to settings and then push notifications off.

Rather than leading the chat and having to add you again or have to put up with constant notifications, just do the above

While I understand the suggestion, won't that also mean that you're muting messages from other games/friends/chats which may not suit everyone if they just want to opt out from the PES chatter as opposed to everything, especially in the off season. From that perspective I can see why leaving the chat group temporarily might appeal to people. Me, I just put my phone on silent with vibrations off when I want to ignore the messages, although I must admit they were a little distracting during my semi final the other night. At one stage I miscontrolled a pass because the receiving player was behind an on screen message when the ball reached him! :D I'll be following your suggestion next time :)

While I understand the suggestion, won't that also mean that you're muting messages from other games/friends/chats which may not suit everyone if they just want to opt out from the PES chatter as opposed to everything, especially in the off season. From that perspective I can see why leaving the chat group temporarily might appeal to people. Me, I just put my phone on silent with vibrations off when I want to ignore the messages, although I must admit they were a little distracting during my semi final the other night. At one stage I miscontrolled a pass because the receiving player was behind an on screen message when the ball reached him! :D I'll be following your suggestion next time :)

Turn them back on outside of peak times then ha

Saturday or Sunday night would suit me best but should be free some of Sunday too.

Saturday or Sunday night would suit me best but should be free some of Sunday too.

Lets aim for Saturday so we have Sunday to fall back in if it doesn't happen. What's the best way to touch base with you on Saturday afternoon? Here or on PS Messaging? Would be good to just get an approximate time on the day of when you might be around so I can do other things around that. Or if you want to suggest a time on sat night now we can both try and aim for that.

• Advertisement

Lets aim for Saturday so we have Sunday to fall back in if it doesn't happen. What's the best way to touch base with you on Saturday afternoon? Here or on PS Messaging? Would be good to just get an approximate time on the day of when you might be around so I can do other things around that. Or if you want to suggest a time on sat night now we can both try and aim for that.

Message me on PSN, I have the app. I should be online from around 8pm Saturday night?

Perfect! I'll probably touch base with you on the app around 6ish to see how things are shaping up for you for a kick off between 8 and 9.

Good games of co op again last night lads. Was good craic ! We had nine at one stage which was some laugh! Best of luck to the lads in the shield final and wooden spoon great to see the three comps being finished, all the new lads have made this season very enjoyable !

By the way, if anyone has any suggestions for next season, do let me know. I won't be competing next season but I'll be organising so just let me know what ideas you have.

Usually we bring it down to 4 star teams in season 2 but I don't know if the calibre of 4 star teams is great this year. What kind of teams should we use next season?

Don't forget that the picking order going forward will be based off primarily the previous seasons performance plus history in the leagues. So the wooden spoon players will have first picks, then the shield and then the champions Cup so the winner of the champions Cup will have last pick, ie Damo........as I won't be playing :P

Also, do any of you want the match length extended? I think 12 mins is fine but open to suggestions.

More than 3 subs for games? That's about the only other game setting we can control anyway.

Thanks to everyone for their input this season, especially the newcomers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nicely organised as usual cole, scores and tables are updated about 5 minutes after the games sometimes!

As for next season, what about international teams, no limits on stars? I don't really mind tbh, just a suggestion. I'd probably pick 10 minute games ahead of 12, purely because 10 is the default game time.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Nicely organised as usual cole, scores and tables are updated about 5 minutes after the games sometimes!

As for next season, what about international teams, no limits on stars? I don't really mind tbh, just a suggestion. I'd probably pick 10 minute games ahead of 12, purely because 10 is the default game time.

International teams would be good craic actually !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

By the way, if anyone has any suggestions for next season, do let me know. I won't be competing next season but I'll be organising so just let me know what ideas you have.

Usually we bring it down to 4 star teams in season 2 but I don't know if the calibre of 4 star teams is great this year. What kind of teams should we use next season?

Don't forget that the picking order going forward will be based off primarily the previous seasons performance plus history in the leagues. So the wooden spoon players will have first picks, then the shield and then the champions Cup so the winner of the champions Cup will have last pick, ie Damo........as I won't be playing :P

Also, do any of you want the match length extended? I think 12 mins is fine but open to suggestions.

More than 3 subs for games? That's about the only other game setting we can control anyway.

Thanks to everyone for their input this season, especially the newcomers.

Just out of interest, let's take the Champions Cup for example simply because I'm in it, how would you decide pecking order for the four teams who were knocked out in the quarters (like my good self) and the two in the semis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Cheers for running the league Cole.

International teams sound good for next one. Be happy keeping it at 12 mins game length too.

Just out of interest, let's take the Champions Cup for example simply because I'm in it, how would you decide pecking order for the four teams who were knocked out in the quarters (like my good self) and the two in the semis?

Combination of when knocked out in the cup and final league position. If its level again, I'll use my own judgement having played with or against most. For the non newbies, I'll take previous experience in the leagues, standard of team used and pythagoras theorem

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Combination of when knocked out in the cup and final league position. If its level again, I'll use my own judgement having played with or against most. For the non newbies, I'll take previous experience in the leagues, standard of team used and pythagoras theorem

Pythagoras theroum? I'd prefer the use of Mendel's Law of Independent Assortment...

• Advertisement

Ok lads, finals week starts today. Games to be played by next Friday night but preferably Wednesday night as everyone is on neutral form due to the internationals last week so it's a level playing field in terms of form until the form kicks back in on Thursday next.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Damo and Coleman would it be ok to watch your finals can you let us know when your going to play please

Damo and Coleman would it be ok to watch your finals can you let us know when your going to play please

Would love for ye to be able to watch it but damo has a dodgy enough internet connection at times so streaming it would cause big problems.

We'll try record the full match anyway if possible or try out streaming before the game

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

No worries

Would love for ye to be able to watch it but damo has a dodgy enough internet connection at times so streaming it would cause big problems.

We'll try record the full match anyway if possible or try out streaming before the game

Can't people 'request to watch' the match? Effectively it's like joining in a co-op match without participating as far as I can tell although I never tried it. no streaming taking place though.

Can't people 'request to watch' the match? Effectively it's like joining in a co-op match without participating as far as I can tell although I never tried it. no streaming taking place though.

I think that's effectively the same thing. Lags the connection

One of the things I noticed this season is that the league campaign was fairly long (7 weeks was it?) and I expect many players were fairly sick of their selection by the end of it. While I could be wrong, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the successful teams were even a bit jaded of thrashing teams week after week, with only the occasional challenge arising before the post season injected a bit of excitement for all concerned again. So my key suggestion would be to try and shorten the league campaign if possible.

How about something akin Champions League with 4 teams per group? Top two teams per group go in to 'champions' knock out comp. Bottom two teams into a 'shield' knock out comp.

Would also suggest reverting to two games per week. Some like myself have the time/opportunity to get three games done per week, but it was clear that others didn't and games started to pile up fast for them.

One final suggestion but I'm less convinced it would be for the best. Allow for double headers to be played in a single night. Most of the post season games were played this way. If you're going to the trouble of arranging to be online at the same time for one game, most of us can quickly fit in a second match straight away. If we were to play this way, in combination to what I'm suggesting above, it would effectively mean that each week each team would just have to find one night/day to match up with their opponent, play two games and that's their requirement fulfilled.

So in summary my suggestion for consideration and/or discussion would be as follows …

4 team groups like champions league (or world cup if we doing national sides).
    Each team plays one opponent home and away per week (in one session or two if preferred)
    Group stage is completed after only 3 weeks so players don't get too fed up with their team
    Top two teams in each group qualify for champions knock out comp
    Bottom two teams qualify for shield or spoon knock out comp

Thoughts, guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

One of the things I noticed this season is that the league campaign was fairly long (7 weeks was it?) and I expect many players were fairly sick of their selection by the end of it. While I could be wrong, it wouldn't surprise me if some of the successful teams were even a bit jaded of thrashing teams week after week, with only the occasional challenge arising before the post season injected a bit of excitement for all concerned again. So my key suggestion would be to try and shorten the league campaign if possible.

How about something akin Champions League with 4 teams per group? Top two teams per group go in to 'champions' knock out comp. Bottom two teams into a 'shield' knock out comp.

Would also suggest reverting to two games per week. Some like myself have the time/opportunity to get three games done per week, but it was clear that others didn't and games started to pile up fast for them.

One final suggestion but I'm less convinced it would be for the best. Allow for double headers to be played in a single night. Most of the post season games were played this way. If you're going to the trouble of arranging to be online at the same time for one game, most of us can quickly fit in a second match straight away. If we were to play this way, in combination to what I'm suggesting above, it would effectively mean that each week each team would just have to find one night/day to match up with their opponent, play two games and that's their requirement fulfilled.

So in summary my suggestion for consideration and/or discussion would be as follows …

4 team groups like champions league (or world cup if we doing national sides).
    Each team plays one opponent home and away per week (in one session or two if preferred)
    Group stage is completed after only 3 weeks so players don't get too fed up with their team
    Top two teams in each group qualify for champions knock out comp
    Bottom two teams qualify for shield or spoon knock out comp

Thoughts, guys?

Sounds pretty well thought out, fair play.
    Im guessing the new tournament wont be till the new year so plenty of time to get good thoughts in.

I have one suggestion though:

No more fkin West Ham, im turning into a bubble at this stage, cant play them again for the 3rd season in a row :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I hate Monaco, they're so f*ckin shiit

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I hate Monaco, they're so f*ckin shiit

Plus they were probably on E form for the entirety of the tournament! :pac:

Advertisement