Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Congrats to Spurs (az1234) and PSG (Ivefoundgod) on their cup wins over the last few days.

For anyone that wasn't on the coop chat last night, I will be broadcasting the second leg of the Champions Cup final tonight around 10pm or so, live on twitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

It's over, Wil! It's over! You don't have to play as Rangers anymore!

Congratulations! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

It's over, Wil! It's over! You don't have to play as Rangers anymore!

Congratulations! :D

Yup. I think I deserve a special trophy for lasting the course!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Well done to everyone for letting Coleman win this year. Coleman, great job organising it again, if you need a hand (you will!) for season 5 let me know.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Well done to everyone for letting Coleman win this year. Coleman, great job organising it again, if you need a hand (you will!) for season 5 let me know.

Ha god damn it let me have this win! :D

Thanks, if I need a hand posting up fixtures or updating results, I'll let ye know.

What's the general consensus for when to start the next season? In the new year?

Between now and the end of the year, we could so a 1 night round robin style tournament where we all play each other once and the winner is the one with the most points. Or we could do a 1 night coop tournament in a similar vein.

Let me know your thoughts and availability and we'll try organise a night or 2

• Advertisement

I predicted Colemania's win way back before a ball was kicked in anger! I could tell something fishy was going on even back then :D

0v_Te9_A5_JIXQn.gif

:p:p:p

Colemania wrote: »

No! You're there to be shot at now as the reigning champ, so get used to it and take your punishment! ;)
    What's the general consensus for when to start the next season? In the new year?

Between now and the end of the year, we could so a 1 night round robin style tournament where we all play each other once and the winner is the one with the most points. Or we could do a 1 night coop tournament in a similar vein.

After Xmas makes sense for the next season as there will be a lot of distractions over the xmas period and it will be difficult for most to commit to the time it takes to play the matches. Xmas Parties, shopping trips and god forbid spending time with the family … PES time is bound to suffer! :P

I'd interested in playing in one of the round robin tourneys or similar if you got one up and running but it does seem like it would be difficult to schedule a night where enough of us would be online at the same time. But definitely interested in the concept so keep me informed as to what you try to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yup. I think I deserve a special trophy for lasting the course!

The wilbertoisawankerforpickingRangers trophy? What do you think lads ?

Thanks, if I need a hand posting up fixtures or updating results, I'll let ye know.

Well deserved win you beat me twice in the group stages aswell so you definetely deserved the victory !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just a tad harsh....

:pac: :pac: :)

You went the league stage unbeaten and beat damo over 2 legs, so deserved win.
    Some people will have nothing to do over Christmas, but a few are probably working, so best leave it till after Christmas. 5th jan is a Friday, maybe start then. Or start on the baby due date, we'll be messaging you about seedings and shít while you're in the delivery ward. If it's a boy, you have to call him Damo.

• Advertisement

I think it was a sly move, pick rangers (who are terrible), joke about how bad they are all season and then get a top seed pick for the next season. Nicely played Wilberto. You won't be laughing next season when he's Belgium and you're hoping Sotiriou for Cyprus is on form.

I think it was a sly move, pick rangers (who are terrible), joke about how bad they are all season and then get a top seed pick for the next season. Nicely played Wilberto. You won't be laughing next season when he's Belgium and you're hoping Sotiriou for Cyprus is on form.

Haha to be fair to him, some going to play all manual for the whole season. He deserves to get the top pick ! I'll be lucky to get Cyprus ha

You went the league stage unbeaten and beat damo over 2 legs, so deserved win.
    Some people will have nothing to do over Christmas, but a few are probably working, so best leave it till after Christmas. 5th jan is a Friday, maybe start then. Or start on the baby due date, we'll be messaging you about seedings and shít while you're in the delivery ward. If it's a boy, you have to call him Damo.

I'd agree with that perfect name !

Haha to be fair to him, some going to play all manual for the whole season. He deserves to get the top pick ! I'll be lucky to get Cyprus ha

Plus I beat PSG 2-0. :pac:

Do you think being top pick will stop him picking someone like Ireland? :D

Do you think being top pick will stop him picking someone like Ireland? :D

I actually go to Ireland games so I've seen how bad they are in the flesh. I'd never bring that misery on me when playing PES!

Although, now that you've mentioned it.....

Ok lads, it's end of season time which means all that's left is to play is the Super Cup!

Shield winners PSG (Ivefoundgod) go up the winners of the inaugural Wooden Spoon, Tottenham Hotspur (az1234)

This game is played over 2 legs and the winner will play Liverpool (yours truly) in the final.

Hoping to get the final played before next Friday so can az1234 and Ivefoundgod please organise your games and I'll organise with the winner to play our game.

Thanks again to everyone who took part!

Also just another suggestion I'm gonna fire at ye for a future league, although I don't think it'll take off because some of ye are lazy b***ards :D

Myself and 3 other lads here also compete in another league where there's basically a transfer market so you can buy and sell players. It's great craic but there's a bit of effort in getting your team together as not only do you have to go into edit more and put the players on your team. You then have to start a master league with that team and save team data so you can load it up to use on friendlies.

Anyone that watched the trial games in the stream the other night may have noticed the likes of Zaza, Rondon and Rabiot with Vitoria Setubal and Kehrer, Guedes and Begovic with Man United. They were the teams me and Damo use on those leagues.

Anyway, as I know it's a lot of effort, I wouldn't want to do something at that high level but if it was widely accepted, what if I suggested we run the league as normal but then we then have a draft at certain points where the lower ranked teams get to pick a player of choice first and then the picking order goes in the same vein as the picking order for teams.

All that would be required is to then transfer that one player to your team, go into master league and save team data and then you won't have to do it again until your next draft pick later in the league.

Just a suggestion for something different. I can do my team in no time now as I'm so used to it and it just allows someone like Roma example, who have no quick striker, to recruit someone like Michael Obafemi.......

Anyway, let me know what ye think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I've got a very hectic week ahead with college folks so won't be on at all this coming week. I'll be able to get online tomorrow night from about 9 onwards so would be great to get the games out of the way then if we can manage it.

If not I'll be back to normality come Friday once this project is handed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Also just another suggestion I'm gonna fire at ye for a future league, although I don't think it'll take off because some of ye are lazy b***ards :D

Myself and 3 other lads here also compete in another league where there's basically a transfer market so you can buy and sell players. It's great craic but there's a bit of effort in getting your team together as not only do you have to go into edit more and put the players on your team. You then have to start a master league with that team and save team data so you can load it up to use on friendlies.

Anyone that watched the trial games in the stream the other night may have noticed the likes of Zaza, Rondon and Rabiot with Vitoria Setubal and Kehrer, Guedes and Begovic with Man United. They were the teams me and Damo use on those leagues.

Anyway, as I know it's a lot of effort, I wouldn't want to do something at that high level but if it was widely accepted, what if I suggested we run the league as normal but then we then have a draft at certain points where the lower ranked teams get to pick a player of choice first and then the picking order goes in the same vein as the picking order for teams.

All that would be required is to then transfer that one player to your team, go into master league and save team data and then you won't have to do it again until your next draft pick later in the league.

Just a suggestion for something different. I can do my team in no time now as I'm so used to it and it just allows someone like Roma example, who have no quick striker, to recruit someone like Michael Obafemi.......

Anyway, let me know what ye think

I approve this post...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Anyone up for getting a co-op tourney played this weekend.
    Tis very quite lately with the league done, Nice to get a little one in if it suits a few people.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Anyone up for getting a co-op tourney played this weekend.
    Tis very quite lately with the league done, Nice to get a little one in if it suits a few people.

I have notifications to the app turned off at the moment, but I'll turn them on later. Probably be online from about 8pm tonight for co-op.
    Getting sick of winning online division games with Crystal Palace :pac:

Nice little goal osh, meath and myself got involved in last night.

Nice goal for sure. Reminds me that I must figure out and get comfortable with the process of saving/uploading PES footage so I can give tutorials on here for free kick taking :pac:

Have seen things go surprisingly quiet alright in terms of co-op last week. From my own perspective some real world stuff has come up and I'm not gonna be around for at least another week but expect to be more available again after that. We know Cole is preparing to be a father while trying to celebrate a PES League and Champions Cup double so he gets a pass. Damo is pretending to work but in reality has turned to the darkside of FIFA, so he can go f*** himself :P but I'm not sure about where the rest of people have gone. I can only assume nobody wants to play when I'm not around …. probably cause I'm an easy co-op victory if I'm on the other side :D

Nice goal for sure. Reminds me that I must figure out and get comfortable with the process of saving/uploading PES footage so I can give tutorials on here for free kick taking :pac:

Have seen things go surprisingly quiet alright in terms of co-op last week. From my own perspective some real world stuff has come up and I'm not gonna be around for at least another week but expect to be more available again after that. We know Cole is preparing to be a father while trying to celebrate a PES League and Champions Cup double so he gets a pass. Damo is pretending to work but in reality has turned to the darkside of FIFA, so he can go f*** himself :P but I'm not sure about where the rest of people have gone. I can only assume nobody wants to play when I'm not around …. probably cause I'm an easy co-op victory if I'm on the other side :D

Absolutely, with christmas around the corner real life gets busier, exams/projects to be handed in, getting the house ready for christmas, work can get hella busy this time of year.
    No harm anyway posting in the group chat to see if theres games going though just to keep it ticking along.

Don't know about giving tutorials out, with my slide tackling id be bollixed :D

To be fair though, would love a few pointers on it.

Easy enough to setup to load videos on, lads here talked me through it.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    To be fair though, would love a few pointers on it.

Then you need to get in touch with Wilberto ;) … I was being facetious in terms of my own tutorials as I am now notorious in Co-Op circles for taking two of the most hilariously bad free kicks ever seen a few weeks back! :D

Then you need to get in touch with Wilberto ;) … I was being facetious in terms of my own tutorials as I am now notorious in Co-Op circles for taking two of the most hilariously bad free kicks ever seen a few weeks back! :D

If it was Rugby or GAA it woulda been unreal kinda free;)

The season actually wasn't completely over just yet. We just played the Super Cup final there :D

And yes I have noticed its been very quiet recently alright. Doesn't look like there'll be a coop tournament it seems!

The season actually wasn't completely over just yet. We just played the Super Cup final there :D

And yes I have noticed its been very quiet recently alright. Doesn't look like there'll be a coop tournament it seems!

Shame, Id say though if we got a date sorted, posted up here and on the ps chats we might get numbers for one.
    I'd say quite a few lads put the chat on quite though once they were out of the competiton, another point might be most of the chat goes on in the co-op goup chat aswell so could be missing that way.

Edit: Another notch on the belt Cole i see, nice win

• Advertisement

RDR2 also happened, lot of people are playing that. Also, the psn sales and Christmas releases, so PES has gone down in peoples pecking order.

Advertisement