Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just to update the past winners table...

| Champions Cup | Shield | Wooden Spoon | Super Cup
    Season 1 | Koolhanger | KennyG192 | N/A | KennyG192
    Season 2 | Walter.White | Beastermc | N/A | Walter.White
    Season 3 | Beastermc | N/A* | N/A | N/A*
    Season 4 | Colemania| Ivefoundgod | az1234 | Colemania

*Shield got as far as semi final stage but matches couldn't get arranged so tournament abandoned and hence super cup abandoned

Now I don't know where the rest of ye are from but of the 11 trophies won over the past 4 seasons, 8 have returned to Limerick :cool:

Limerick boys representing!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Mon Limerick ! The capital of Hurling and Pro Evo !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mon Limerick ! The capital of Hurling and Pro Evo !

Don't forget stabbings and criminal gangs :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »

Fake news . ..

Damo said Limerick, not Dublin :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Jaysis :pac::pac::pac:

Great games of co op last night lads ! With both Osh and Aidz trying to out do Philamental with their free kicks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Great games of co op last night lads ! With both Osh and Aidz trying to out do Philamental with their free kicks !

My frer kicks were about as good as my goal keeping :D

AidoEirE wrote: »
    My frer kicks were about as good as my goal keeping :D

You made up for it with that pirlo like free kick though

You made up for it with that pirlo like free kick though

Much prefer setting goals up than actually scoring them. Wont be ariund tonight but we'll go again tomorrow night if people about

• Advertisement

Happy Christmas lads! Hope santa didn't bring any of you the dreaded FIFA for Christmas!

Colemania wrote: »
    Happy Christmas lads! Hope santa didn't bring any of you the dreaded FIFA for Christmas!

Same to you and yours Cole, best of health for the new one on the way.

As it's coming close to the new yesr which will mean a new season soon, i cant wait to go West Ham again

tenor.gif?itemid=5541443

#Believe

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I had bought FIFA on black Friday so I could play a few games with the brothers, but it's so god damn awful that I got them PES for Christmas in the hope of converting them! :pac:

I mean, you can't even play a 2 v 1 friendly in Fifa!

Hey lads,

Just going to post this just out of sheer numbers possibility.
    A Co-Op tournament, which could be spread over one or two weekends depending on numbers.

Personally some absolute some of the best matches ive enjoyed have been through this boards group and others hitting co-op. It's a nice breakaway and what ive been playing 90% of the time.

Theres been Red Dead 2 and a few new games out that have taken over PES rush, be nice to get the itch back again.

This wont be a mad heavy week of a competition. A weekend or 2, all depending on numbers.

Hit a reply, pm or thanks if interested.

New year, new PES League.

Hope ye all enjoyed Christmas and happy new year to everyone.

I suppose I better start the sign ups for the PES Boards League Season 5!

Please declare your interest in the thread and I'll add your names below. It would be great if you could just copy and paste the list I set up and just add your name to it and then the next person copy the most recent list and so on.

Also, please indicate what kind of teams you would like to use. Internationals, clubs of a certain rating etc.

PES Boards League Season 5 Signup

1. Cienciano (meath77)

I'm happy with whatever teams the majority choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

1. Cienciano (meath77)
    2. Kenny (Kenneth192)

4.0 star - 4.5 star would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

1. Cienciano (meath77)
    2. Kenny (Kenneth192)
    3. Osh (kingosh_)

Prefer max 4.5 star. Don’t mind if clubs or international.

• Advertisement

Also, just as a small format change and taken from another league I've been in, from this season onwards I'm going to see if I can fit in the PSN of the person allocated to a certain team on the league website.

E.g. Liverpool (Colemaniser)

Just so when I post the fixtures and you're looking at the league table, you know which people you need to contact for games

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

1. Cienciano (meath77)
    2. Kenny (Kenneth192)
    3. Osh (kingosh_)
    4. Det Somerset (philamental)

If we are setting a limit then it should be 4 stars as some of the 4.5 teams are as good if not better than the 5 star teams (I'm looking at you Liverpool!)

I mentioned it previously but my main preference would be a format that shortens the league to less games than last season to be fair to players who end up with a team they don't enjoy playing with. Real life form can really turn a decent team into a turgid playing experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

In

Def wouldn't suggest Internationals. Team range varies massively from the good ones to utter shít.

3.5/4 star would be my pref but imagining it'll be 4.5 and below

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

1. Cienciano (meath77)
    2. Kenny (Kenneth192)
    3. Osh (kingosh_)

If we are setting a limit then it should be 4 stars as some of the 4.5 teams are as good if not better than the 5 star teams (I'm looking at you Liverpool!)

I mentioned it previously but my main preference would be a format that shortens the league to less games than last season to be fair to players who end up with a team they don't enjoy playing with. Real life form can really turn a decent team into a turgid playing experience.
    Ya arsenal Liverpool Chelsea city I think areall 4.5 star aren't they , maybe 4 star then be very competitive

If someone has a chance, have a quick look at the 4 star teams because I think there isn't that many.

Just from playing coop with the lads I know there's West Ham, Leicester, Ajax, Porto and Benfica. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

3.5 star would be interesting with Celtic, Bournemouth, Watford, Newcastle and a massive list to choose from.

Also, bare in mind as this happened last year to Nice, but with the transfer window opening up this month, some teams will lose and gain players. I'd expect it more be a case of a team going down half a star than up half a star like Nice going from 4 to 3.5 after losing Sneijder and a few others.

Wilberto, you might want another crack at Rangers after they got Steven Davis and Defoe :P

1. Cienciano (meath77)
    2. Kenny (Kenneth192)
    3. Osh (kingosh_)
    5. callaway92 (DavidJKennedy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Sure I’m happy to go with 3.5/4 star.

I think as it's seeded, the team star levels isn't too important. Just means whoever had a bad time (me!) in last seasons league gets to pick 4.5 star team.

I agree with that form is a pain, I've no idea how konami do it. I picked Marseille in one league a few seasons ago and they were second in the league winning most weeks but were always on terrible form in PES.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

#2,217

1. Cienciano (meath77)
    2. Kenny (Kenneth192)
    3. Osh (kingosh_)
    5. callaway92 (DavidJKennedy)
    6. Thegifted1dblin (reggie)

I've zero preference for teams

• Advertisement