Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Bad news for anyone to play me (Manchester united), my new formation is 5-3-2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

PSG here I have :

atletico, away.
    Inter,  home.
    Roma, away.

Any of those around tonight?
    I  (Inter) should get on tonight after the Utd game if that suits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I  (Inter) should get on tonight after the Utd game if that suits?

That would be good for me too (Man City!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Monaco here - I'll be online tonight, prob from 8 onwards.

I've to play Nice and Dortmund.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Koolhanger wrote:
    Monaco here - I'll be online tonight, prob from 8 onwards.

That time suits me anyway! :pac:

Nice one, Wilberto. We'll get our 2nd match played.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Will be on tonight about half 10 (roma) apologies to psg couldn't get on yesterday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Up to date again :) I was thinking seen as we have a bank holiday coming up what would everyones thoughts on playing the rest of our games ? as in if ya have a chance like youd still have 2 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Up to date again :) I was thinking seen as we have a bank holiday coming up what would everyones thoughts on playing the rest of our games ? as in if ya have a chance like youd still have 2 weeks

I'm happy with that anyway. We're coming into the last 2 weeks of games so after that comes the knockout stages. Lots of games to play and gives everyone a chance to catch up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Will be on tonight about half 10 (roma) apologies to psg couldn't get on yesterday evening

I wasn't on last night. Should be on this evening from around 6/7. Can hang around until around 11 I'd say.

The league format is a good idea, still a lot to play for. Even if you're up to date with your fixtures there's still 12 points on offer.

I'll be online tonight (Monaco) if anyone is available to play?

Monaco v Dortmund (Wilberto) was abandoned the other night due to lag, unfortunately. We'll get that game played over the next couple of days, I hope.

Any chance Nice (ziggyman17) will be online tonight?

Koolhanger wrote: »
    I'll be online tonight (Monaco) if anyone is available to play?

Monaco v Dortmund (Wilberto) was abandoned the other night due to lag, unfortunately. We'll get that game played over the next couple of days, I hope.

Any chance Nice (ziggyman17) will be online tonight?

Nice is now managed by TheOriginalJipo

Ooooopsss!!!!

Ok, cool. I'll keep an eye out for him online instead :)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,349 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm available now for an hour or so, and then 8 till late ;)

Managing Nice btw.....

• Advertisement

Cool, I'll be online tonight so I'll play you then :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm available now for an hour or so, and then 8 till late ;)

Managing Nice btw.....
    Cool, I'll be online tonight so I'll play you then :)

...and then I can play ye both tonight!! :pac:

Hopefully my broadband connection will hold up anyway. I'm guessing it was my connection that was the problem anyway considering I'm living out in the sticks! :eek: (It was fine for all the other matches though! :))

As suggested, I have put up fixtures for the final 2 game weeks with the bank holiday weekend coming up.

You have roughly 2 weeks to get these games played plus any games outstanding.

Next Friday I'll post up all outstanding fixtures to be played at that point.

All to play for in Group A with the top 5 uncertain of their fates in the playoffs while the top 4 in Group B are just fighting for placing.

Best of luck everyone!

Cool, I got az1234, Wilberto, Koolhanger and TheOriginalJipo who are always online, probably have all my games done tonight.
    Das89z seems to be playing fifa anytime he's online, he should be kicked out of the league for treason.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Cool, I got az1234, Wilberto, Koolhanger and TheOriginalJipo who are always online, probably have all my games done tonight.
    Das89z seems to be playing fifa anytime he's online, he should be kicked out of the league for treason.

Anyone who plays fifa gets a deduction of 6 points, and I'm being nice there! :pac:

• Advertisement

I just noticed Koolhanger is unbeaten, we can't let him finish the league season unbeaten! I drew with him, but I do remember he was all over me for that game.

Good seeing all the different styles people play in the league, I'm sick of playing poxy real Madrid in division games.

I just noticed Koolhanger is unbeaten, we can't let him finish the league season unbeaten! I drew with him, but I do remember he was all over me for that game.

Good seeing all the different styles people play in the league, I'm sick of playing poxy real Madrid in division games.

Sssshhh, don't draw attention to Monaco :P:pac::pac:

Dortmund were on E form last night so that's my excuse! :pac: :pac: :pac:

Sssshhh, don't draw attention to Monaco :P:pac::pac:

I'll have to play you on my new all out defend tactic

Wilberto wrote: »
    Dortmund were on E form last night so that's my excuse! :pac: :pac: :pac:

I had the excuse of my thumb slipping off the thumbstick on the controller in a game against Koolhanger for one of his goals. :pac:
    Came off at a crucial moment as his winger was cutting inside past my defender! But the game finished 3-3, but should have been 10-3 to him, it was complete domination. But still, I'm blaming thumb slippage.

I had the excuse of my thumb slipping off the thumbstick on the controller in a game against Koolhanger for one of his goals. :pac:
    Came off at a crucial moment as his winger was cutting inside past my defender! But the game finished 3-3, but should have been 10-3 to him, it was complete domination. But still, I'm blaming thumb slippage.

I literally have no excuses for when I played him. Definitely the best I've played, no offence to anyone else. I tried to go defensive against you and it killed me so I won't be going defensive again ha

Colemania wrote: »
    I literally have no excuses for when I played him. Definitely the best I've played, no offence to anyone else. I tried to go defensive against you and it killed me so I won't be going defensive again ha

Walter.white (damok21) is quality too. Basically, leaders of both groups will be in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Walter.white (damok21) is quality too. Basically, leaders of both groups will be in the final

I'll be happy to qualify out of my group. Its really close. With 4 tough games left

Any ideas for season 2? 4 or 3.5 star teams? Change league format or keep it the same?

Any ideas for season 2? 4 or 3.5 star teams? Change league format or keep it the same?

Format seems to be quite good I think. If numbers drop next time, I'll stick everyone in the same league.

Also, being selfish I'm going to delay the next league until I get broadband installed in the apartment I'm moving to in December :pac:

Regarding teams, I think I'll drop it back to 4 stars at least, might nullify defensive teams because not much teams at that rating will have both a good defence and attack.

• Advertisement

4 star teams will be interesting to change things up a bit. And with seeding it should make things more level too.

Although, it's not as obvious what 4 star teams are good. With 4.5 the top 10 is fairly obvious, we all knew roughly who to go for. I have no idea for a 4 star, it'll need a bit more research.

4 star teams will be interesting to change things up a bit. And with seeding it should make things more level too.

Although, it's not as obvious what 4 star teams are good. With 4.5 the top 10 is fairly obvious, we all knew roughly who to go for. I have no idea for a 4 star, it'll need a bit more research.

The likes of Leipzig and Nice are 4 star anyway so they'll suddenly become the strongest teams! I'd love to do countries but there are still a few with fake names

There goes my *cough* plan *cough* of finishing last just to get PSG next season.

:pac:

Format seems to be quite good I think. If numbers drop next time, I'll stick everyone in the same league.

Also, being selfish I'm going to delay the next league until I get broadband installed in the apartment I'm moving to in December :pac:

Regarding teams, I think I'll drop it back to 4 stars at least, might nullify defensive teams because not much teams at that rating will have both a good defence and attack.

Yep, I think the current format is very good and even if you finish in bottom half of group you still have the Shield Cup to play for.

I like the idea of playing 3.5 or 4-star teams, too. Does be good to get to use those types of teams on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Said already but RB Leipzig are an absolute pain in the hole to play against online.

Well I'll be online tonight (arsenal) to play any of my remaining games

PSG, Man City, Roma Inter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Thats BS, i wanted top pick of the 4.5 teams for the next season fcuk sake....

:p

In all honesty the 4 star selections sounds good, will be nice to pick a team that you wouldnt normally go. Reminds of the time i climbed to online division 2 with newcastle a few years ago with Ba and Cissè as a front two.

Big games tonight against Marc (man city) 9pm kick off. Two games, home and away, i need to win both to try and work my way up the table, more pressure on city though as if he wins both games he's on 21 points with a game in hand. Table could well and truly look different after the bank holiday.

He's been very good all season, plays liverpool really well. Humble about his wins.

AidoEirE wrote: »
    He's been very good all season, plays liverpool really well. Humble about his wins.

And he's a united fan.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭az1234

Said already but RB Leipzig are an absolute pain in the hole to play against online.

Except when I'm controlling them :pac:

And he's a united fan.....

I take it all back! the guy is an a$$hole :p

Alright lads, seeing as this season is coming to a end, i was just thinking for next season if we could somehow do a 'Goal Of The Season'.

Not sure on how the logistics of it work with uploading goals, youtube or something maybe.
    Could make a thread with a poll or if theres a website out there that would help.

I'd be up for trying to set it up if people are interested.

So many good games with what sounds like some great goals happening this season, it'd be cool to see them in some format.

Just an idea and havent thought about it much but if it could be possible would ye be interested?

Edit: It'd be towards the end of next season where all players would upload 1 goal

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Alright lads, seeing as this season is coming to a end, i was just thinking for next season if we could somehow do a 'Goal Of The Season'.

Not sure on how the logistics of it work with uploading goals, youtube or something maybe.
    Could make a thread with a poll or if theres a website out there that would help.

I'd be up for trying to set it up if people are interested.

So many good games with what sounds like some great goals happening this season, it'd be cool to see them in some format.

Just an idea and havent thought about it much but if it could be possible would ye be interested?

Had thought it myself but forgot to mention it. If anyone scores a decent goal, definitely feel free to share it on the thread!

Had thought it myself but forgot to mention it. If anyone scores a decent goal, definitely feel free to share it on the thread!

Yeah, I should have saved Auba's half bicycle kick against Nice. It was beautiful!

That, or Castro's last minute free against Chelsea.

i-dont-score-59f506.jpg

I was thinking the same about saving goals. Haven't scored a good one yet though.
    Is everyone still involved in the league still playing or has anyone dropped out?

• Advertisement

I was thinking the same about saving goals. Haven't scored a good one yet though.
    Is everyone still involved in the league still playing or has anyone dropped out?

Haven't been informed of anyone leaving anyway. The majority seem fairly active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Tbh i'm reluctant to play my last two games until others catch up.

Group B is lagging behind! I should be on from 8pm tonight till late, so if anyone needs to play Manchester United, get online tonight!

Tbh i'm reluctant to play my last two games until others catch up.

With how close Group A is, can't blame you at all. Once everyone catches up, it could tell a completely different story

I've only 2 games to go now anyway , throughly enjoyed the games although I won't be picking arsenal again just can't figure them out at all, and have come up against some savage pes players aswell

• Advertisement
Advertisement