Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

People's

I have a stag this weekend so ideally I'd like to get a good chunk of my games done today - I'll be around between 5 and 8 if anyone is free

Kind Regards,

Ajax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

People's

I have a stag this weekend so ideally I'd like to get a good chunk of my games done today - I'll be around between 5 and 8 if anyone is free

Kind Regards,

Ajax

I'll be online between 6-8pm to get some games played. ill add you to PSN and message you there

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

People's

Kind Regards,

Ajax

I feel for you, HP. You've been so consistent making yourself readily available for games every evening but most of the activity seems to take place later than when you're around. Hopefully a few of the gang can make it on a bit earlier tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Palace 3 - 5 Ajax

A crazy game end to end with 34 shots at goal. Ajax went 2 up from Neres (38) & Dolberg (42) . Zaha got one back on 44 mins but Ziyech put Ajax 2 clear again on 45+1.
    Palace 3-1 down had to come out all guns blazing 2nd half. Mcarthur got one back on 54 to get within one goal.
    Ziyech on 70 restored Ajax 2 goal cushion before Wickham made it 4-3 on 74.
    In injury time Neres made it 5-3 to end a compelling fixture

Shots on target

Palace 11 - 10 Ajax

Saves

Palace 6 - 8 Ajax

Great game Planetpotter

I know it sounds easy to say as the winner but this was easily one of the best games I've been involved with - literally no defenders turned up, just non stop chaos at either end

I wasn't sure of victory until the final whistle went; a bizarre slugfest that could have ended 6-6, 7-7, 7-8, any combination you can think - it was a pleasure to be involved in once my heart stopped pounding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Ok lads, I just have Palace to play for this week and then the only team I haven't played yet is West Ham.

I'd like to get these games played first before I play everyone again but with the baby due next week, it's gonna be a no go for at least the second half of next week and week after that.

I'll be on around at the weekend anyway and tomorrow and Friday evening and would like to get as much of ye played as possible so I don't lag behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Colemania wrote: »
    Ok lads, I just have Palace to play for this week and then the only team I haven't played yet is West Ham.

I'd like to get these games played first before I play everyone again but with the baby due next week, it's gonna be a no go for at least the second half of next week and week after that.

I'll be on around at the weekend anyway and tomorrow and Friday evening and would like to get as much of ye played as possible so I don't lag behind

Hopefully all goes well with little baby Damian. Good luck!

Mine are now 5 and 7 and my folks are taking them this weekend, rare weekend of freedom for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I can do tonight or tomorrow night! (West Ham)

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hopefully all goes well with little baby Damian. Good luck!

Mine are now 5 and 7 and my folks are taking them this weekend, rare weekend of freedom for me.

Damien???

Damien???
    I assume Damo is short for Damien? You swore you'd name your child after him. Boy or girl.

I assume Damo is short for Damien? You swore you'd name your child after him. Boy or girl.

I never said anything of the sort!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

We all witnessed it Coleman ! You can't turn back now !

I hope it's a girl. Daimina

RE: Wolves 3 - 5 Leicester

Well played Cienciano! Didn't think anyone was gonna stop Damo's march to the title unless he suffered a week of terrible team form.

As we reach the end of gameweek two I think the 4 star team restriction has led to a more competitive league. Last season it seemed to me that you could more or less predict the outcome of matches before they were played but this time around the results are very unpredictable, especially in Group A.

Well played Cienciano! Didn't think anyone was gonna stop Damo's march to the title unless he suffered a week of terrible team form.

As we reach the end of gameweek two I think the 4 star team restriction has led to a more competitive league. Last season it seemed to me that you could more or less predict the outcome of matches before they were played but this time around the results are very unpredictable, especially in Group A.

Ya it's very even this year I must say. Reggie (Torino) is the only unbeaten team now in both groups but has also had lots of draws. I notice a lot of people seem to be doing the same thing with these teams though. Running to the byline and low pass or chip across the box for a tap in. Hard to stop sometimes!

I had 300,000 GP saved up from that week or 10 days of free 25,000gp per day and the coop games too.

Used it all for the legends + pes selection agents yesterday. Got 1 or 2 crap golds out of the first 11 spins. On the last spin, the legend animation starts and its none other than..............Batistuta.........who I already have :(

Trained him into my current Batistuta, who I levelled up from level 1 by the way, and he didn't really go up as much as I thought but on the plus side, he now has 93 finishing and 98 kicking power!! Damo will testify that he has been unbelievable for us in coop. Probably the best finisher I've used in this game.

Also, that 96 Neymar that a lot of us couldn't make much use out of. Play him centrally as SS and my god is he so much better. He can pass, shoot with both feet and has the pace and dribbling you need. 92 Mbappe is good too but he has no left foot and can't pass :D

Ya it's very even this year I must say. Reggie (Torino) is the only unbeaten team now in both groups but has also had lots of draws. I notice a lot of people seem to be doing the same thing with these teams though. Running to the byline and low pass or chip across the box for a tap in. Hard to stop sometimes!

At least they aren't repeatedly crossing from the corner of the box to the far post and scoring with an acrobatic finish from Salah :p

By god that is frustratingly unstoppable when you keep doing that as Liverpool! :D

EDIT: Obviously I'm just jealous as I still haven't scored with an acrobatic finish with PES 19. Always hits the woodwork or goes over. :(

At least they aren't repeatedly crossing from the corner of the box to the far post and scoring with an acrobatic finish from Salah :p

By god that is frustratingly unstoppable when you keep doing that as Liverpool! :D

EDIT: Obviously I'm just jealous as I still haven't scored with an acrobatic finish with PES 19. Always hits the woodwork or goes over. :(

Genuinely don't remember doing that as I don't usually score from corners ha

Genuinely don't remember doing that as I don't usually score from corners ha

I must not have explained it correctly.

Does this crude representation ring any bells?

6977371.jpg

I could often see you working towards it but by then it would be too late to stop it from happening unless Salah himself missed (he usually didn't!) :D

I must not have explained it correctly.

Does this crude representation ring any bells?

6977371.jpg

I could often see you working towards it but by then it would be too late to stop it from happening unless Salah himself missed (he usually didn't!) :D

Haha great photoshop :D

Yes, I do remember doing this sometimes alright.....

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I find it much tougher this season, Torino in attack can miss the chances you think you will score and other times pull off great finishes, it makes for tougher games which I'm enjoying more.

• Advertisement

I can't remember form, I can't imagine it was good for either team, but Damo hit the woodwork twice. I scored all my chances including a couple that on other days would drift wide. A lob that somehow stayed the right side of the post, a low shot that the keeper got a touch on and it dribbled over the line and a 1 on 1 that flew in that normally fly into row z.

Definitely need a good game where things to go your way and the opposite for damo to get a result. Even then, it was 4-2 and all one way traffic from Wolves with 80 minutes left, my defenders were seriously sluggish and an off form harry Maguire was a liability, I was thinking I'd be happy with a draw!
    I have tweeked my defensive formation I used in the first 3 games and it's definitely made a difference. Obviously a secret formula but I'll sell it to whoever gets Damo in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

I can't remember form, I can't imagine it was good for either team, but Damo hit the woodwork twice. I scored all my chances including a couple that on other days would drift wide. A lob that somehow stayed the right side of the post, a low shot that the keeper got a touch on and it dribbled over the line and a 1 on 1 that flew in that normally fly into row z.

Definitely need a good game where things to go your way and the opposite for damo to get a result. Even then, it was 4-2 and all one way traffic from Wolves with 80 minutes left, my defenders were seriously sluggish and an off form harry Maguire was a liability, I was thinking I'd be happy with a draw!
    I have tweeked my defensive formation I used in the first 3 games and it's definitely made a difference. Obviously a secret formula but I'll sell it to whoever gets Damo in the final

My form was actually grand! Just couldn't seem to break you down and then vardy ripped my defenders to shreds on the counter ha

My form was actually grand! Just couldn't seem to break you down and then vardy ripped my defenders to shreds on the counter ha
    Maguire and Schmeichel were on down arrows (5 o'clock, not full down), I don't think anyone else in the starting 11 were. My defenders get very sluggish in the last 15 minutes, comically slow to turn and track a run, but probably common with 4 star teams though.

I'll be dragging group B down, I only got 1 fixture done this week and I probably won't be available to play till sunday. But luckily Coleman will probably be too busy to slap out warnings

Maguire and Schmeichel were on down arrows (5 o'clock, not full down), I don't think anyone else in the starting 11 were. My defenders get very sluggish in the last 15 minutes, comically slow to turn and track a run, but probably common with 4 star teams though.

I'll be dragging group B down, I only got 1 fixture done this week and I probably won't be available to play till sunday. But luckily Coleman will probably be too busy to slap out warnings

At this rate, the baby won't be born for another 2 weeks :D

Due in 5 days though so we'll see. Never too busy for warnings though ;)

When are new players added? Leicester just signed a cmf, welcome addition to the team

CMF Y. TIELEMANS MONACO BELGIUM 177 75 21 C 78

And palace signed Batshuayi who's rated at 84, just to annoy me more that I didn't pick Palace

When are new players added? Leicester just signed a cmf, welcome addition to the team

Y. TIELEMANS MONACO BELGIUM 177 75 21 C 78

He replaces Adrien who's gone the other way. He'll be added next Thursday if he's in the squad this weekend. If not, probably the week after

He replaces Adrien who's gone the other way. He'll be added next Thursday if he's in the squad this weekend. If not, probably the week after

Who's rating is 81. Fúck

Who's rating is 81. Fúck

The Lord Giveth and the Lord Taketh Away ;)

@Walter.White

Was just checking whether I was home or away for my last fixture this week and saw that I was supposed to be home when I was playing you but I'm certain you set it up and even did the match report. No big deal from my end, as I don't think there is any advantage to playing home or away, but I presume we just reverse the fixture and I play the home tie the next time? Is that ok with you, fella?

• Advertisement

@Walter.White

Was just checking whether I was home or away for my last fixture this week and saw that I was supposed to be home when I was playing you but I'm certain you set it up and even did the match report. No big deal from my end, as I don't think there is any advantage to playing home or away, but I presume we just reverse the fixture and I play the home tie the next time? Is that ok with you, fella?

A few people have done that already but ya there's no advantage anyway, even though in 1 of the cups one season, someone assumed they got through on away goals :D

Even though I never once mentioned away goals being a thing

Advertisement