Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The main part of being the home team is having to post the result in the match thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

If pitches are smaller/bigger it could suit certain play styles too

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

@Walter.White

Was just checking whether I was home or away for my last fixture this week and saw that I was supposed to be home when I was playing you but I'm certain you set it up and even did the match report. No big deal from my end, as I don't think there is any advantage to playing home or away, but I presume we just reverse the fixture and I play the home tie the next time? Is that ok with you, fella?

Sorry bud we will just reverse it next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ha ha so now I can pick from 2 donkeys
    Big Ben or batshuyi

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Group B

PSV 3-2 Bournemouth

Cracking game. PSV went 1 up early on after a good start. Bournemouth came into the game more but PSV managed to score on the counter to make it 2-0. King for Bournemouth got 1 back immediately and it was 2-1 at half time. Bournemouth came out in the second half and really put it up to PSV. PSV scored on the counter to make it 3-1 and from then on it was all Bournemouth. After a late scare it finished 3-2.

Well won, Dan. One of these ones where you always looked the more dangerous and fully deserving of the win despite my best efforts, even if we both thought I was going to equalise with that last attack in injury time! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Folks I'm away next week so would love to get my games played, I'm around tonight ....I'm sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Folks I'm away next week so would love to get my games played, I'm around tonight ....I'm sevilla

You can get ahead for next week's games also if you want but get this week's games and the game carrying forward from last week done first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I'm on now!

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Someone asked me if Porto were 4.5 star. I wasn't sure so I checked, and indeed they are. The reason for it is they signed Pepe in the January window. He's rated 84 and is an improvement on the previous CB. They were 4 star at the start of the league, I lucked out a bit there!

Someone asked me if Porto were 4.5 star. I wasn't sure so I checked, and indeed they are. The reason for it is they signed Pepe in the January window. He's rated 84 and is an improvement on the previous CB. They were 4 star at the start of the league, I lucked out a bit there!

I actually meant to check that out after they signed Pepe but forgot. Nothing you could do about that anyway. I'd say there's more upgrades coming for Porto too with the likes of Militao probably getting an upgrade

• Advertisement

I'll try my best to be on tonight lads. Baby is 1 day overdue now so who knows when I'll be called away

Colemania wrote: »
    I'll try my best to be on tonight lads. Baby is 1 day overdue now so who knows when I'll be called away

From my experience you get a couple of days after the birth where the mother and baby are still in hospital. These are your last days of freedom. Enjoy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Cienciano wrote:
    From my experience you get a couple of days after the birth where the mother and baby are still in hospital. These are your last days of freedom. Enjoy them.

I got a week during the world cup in 2014! It was tremendous fun

Sorry. Bournemouth hasn't been on all week due to working overtime. Unlikely to be on tonight either, but should be more available most of sat and sun up until 10pm. No idea yet who i'm supposed to be playing but message me on the app if you want to try and arrange a time over the weekend. if I haven't heard from you by then, i'll probably pop you a message myself tomorrow afternoon to suss things out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Just noticed last night that PSV have gone up from 3.5 stars to 4.

Hasn't helped me much but! :D

Enjoying playing them now after finding a good formation. Means I ship quite a few goals but creating lots at the other end too. If only I could take them!

Sorry. Bournemouth hasn't been on all week due to working overtime. Unlikely to be on tonight either, but should be more available most of sat and sun up until 10pm. No idea yet who i'm supposed to be playing but message me on the app if you want to try and arrange a time over the weekend. if I haven't heard from you by then, i'll probably pop you a message myself tomorrow afternoon to suss things out.

I've (Meath77) to play you, Saturday or Sunday suits me

Just noticed last night that PSV have gone up from 3.5 stars to 4.

Hasn't helped me much but! :D

Enjoying playing them now after finding a good formation. Means I ship quite a few goals but creating lots at the other end too. If only I could take them!

Bergwiijn gone from 76 to 81 I think. Dunno about the rest.

My Fiorentina team got some ratings boosts and up to 4 star now too but some of the ones who went up a rating actually look worse now! Changed their positions too! Although my 74 rated centreback is up to 78 now which is nice!

I've never realised player stats changed in updates! So that happens?
    I'll investigate. I only started playing online since the Boards leagues, before that I played exclusively offline with mates, maybe that's why I never noticed.

I've never realised player stats changed in updates! So that happens?
    I'll investigate. I only started playing online since the Boards leagues, before that I played exclusively offline with mates, maybe that's why I never noticed.

Ya if you only play offline and don't do the live updates, you won't get transfers, stat updates and so on

Ya if you only play offline and don't do the live updates, you won't get transfers, stat updates and so on

Ah yeah, I always did the live updates for offline transfers, never noticed stat changes though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Great stuff this season lads, great to see everyone making an effort and getting games played!! Very enjoyable season so far

Sevilla 0 ajax 6

Lads I'm dropping out , I'm not enjoying it , but better off without my moaning.

Apologies for the inconvenience

No need to drop out. Just try change up the formations or your playing style a bit. You'll enjoy it more then. I know you try pass it around the place trying to open up space but it's boring to watch and play against so just try go straight for goal instead. I can understand playing like that and then not getting the results would lead to frustration.

Give it a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

No need to drop out. Just try change up the formations or your playing style a bit. You'll enjoy it more then. I know you try pass it around the place trying to open up space but it's boring to watch and play against so just try go straight for goal instead. I can understand playing like that and then not getting the results would lead to frustration.

Give it a chance

To be fair Sevilla were in E form, which is never a pleasure to control at any club - I agree with Cole though, keep at it dude - and you took a point off Cole, I'd give my right arm to take points off Cole (ok, maybe not my whole arm, possibly the tip of one finger)

I just realised I lost a first choice player today, Chidozie. The joys of the transfer window!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

When I went on last night I had a nice bonus that Blind had gone from a 75 CB to an 80, which was very handy seeing as Magallan was constantly on the red arrow

To be fair Sevilla were in E form, which is never a pleasure to control at any club - I agree with Cole though, keep at it dude - and you took a point off Cole, I'd give my right arm to take points off Cole (ok, maybe not my whole arm, possibly the tip of one finger)

I had a week on E form with Real last season and it was an utterly miserable experience with players frequently being unable to pass or shoot straight. It was compounded by having to play both Damo and Colman in the same week. I think i'd have quit if I had to suffer that ongoing. If Stryker is looking for any incentive to keep playing, Seville are now one of the only 4.5 teams in this league along with Porto so once their form picks up he'll be well placed at being competitive.

As for taking points off the big boys while I haven't done it yet myself, Meath has beaten Damo this season and I've beaten Meath so indirectly I've beaten Damo! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Hoping to be on tonight about 9ish off all last week so if anyone needs to play me give me a shout

Cienciano and I weren't able to find a suitable time to play Bournemouth v Leicester this weekend. Mostly my fault as I wasn't able to make myself available for matches all week until yesterday, but we can already see a couple of nights next week that should suit us so we'll be back up to speed soon.

As for taking points off the big boys while I haven't done it yet myself, Meath has beaten Damo this season and I've beaten Meath so indirectly I've beaten Damo! :P

Hey, stop living off my glory!

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hey, stop living off my glory!

Looks like Bournemouth v Leicester this week will decide once and for all who really beat Damo this season :pac:

Advertisement