Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

This is the last GW before the knockout games isn't it?

I've 5 games to play - Nantes, Villareal, Leicester, Bournemouth and Betis.

I'm away next week so want to get all 5 done and dusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Unless I'm mistaken There's two more gameweeks (this week and next week) to complete before the knockouts start. That said if you're not around next week Colemania won't have any problem with you playing your final two games early. He and a few others may even be joining you in that respect from the looks of things.

I'm Bournemouth and should be more available midweek than I was last week, and I'm usually good for weekend availability so let me know what suits and we can try and schedule something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

There's 1 game week left after this week but there'll only be 2 fixtures in that week so it'll allow people to catch up or even get ahead this week

Unless I'm mistaken There's two more gameweeks (this week and next week) to complete before the knockouts start. That said if you're not around next week Colemania won't have any problem with you playing your final two games early. He and a few others may even be joining you in that respect from the looks of things.

I'm Bournemouth and should be more available midweek than I was last week, and I'm usually good for weekend availability so let me know what suits and we can try and schedule something.

My 5 games must include the last 2 fixtures so I'll need to get them all played this week.

I'll try and get on tonight and get a few played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Palace available tonight and all this week to play

Fulham
    Ajax

Like the previous league, I start well then fall off the edge of a cliff. 6 defeats on the spin for me, someone is in for a hammering (most probably me :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Palace available tonight and all this week to play

Fulham
    Ajax

Like the previous league, I start well then fall off the edge of a cliff. 6 defeats on the spin for me, someone is in for a hammering (most probably me :D)

Ajax can grab you around 6ish this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I think myself and Torino exist on completely different planes of reality - I don't even know if the guys exists - but on a more serious note if you can PM me dude and we'll try and find a 20 minute window when we are both available, cheers dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Ajax 4 - 3 Palace

Another barnstormer from the Ajax vs Crystal Palace collection. I could probably write an essay on this game but my heart is still pounding and I need a lie down so I'll stick to the highlights. Needless to say there were oodles of chances and great saves from both keepers:

6 min - Milivojevic blasts a sitter over the bar from about six yards out

8 min - Ziyech gets through one on one with the keeper and puts it wide from ten yards out

13 min - Neres breaks away down the wing and releases Dolberg who smashes home to open the scoring - 1-0 Ajax

23 min - Kouyate plays a through ball to Benteke who out muscles Blind to create space and scores with a fine dink over the on rushing keeper - 1-1

49 min - Milivojevic makes up for his earlier miss by tonking a volley from a through ball over his shoulder from Zaha. Contender for goal of the tournament (if we had one). 2-1 Palace

58 mins - Onana completely misreads a cross from Townsend allowing Milivojevic to steal ahead of him and head into an empty net. 3-1 Palace

66 mins - Dolberg releases De Jong into the Palace area and he cooly slots past the keeper. 3-2 Palace

84 min - Labyad receives the ball just outside the area and gives a one touch lay off to the oncoming Schone who absolutely lamps it in from roughly 20 yards. 3-3

85 min - almost immediately Palace attack and Ayew dances past three defenders before flicking the ball around the keeper with the outside of his foot only to agonisingly clip the outside of the post.

91st min - Palace hearts are cruelly broken as a counter attack sees Labyad release Dolberg into a one on one with the keeper and he makes no mistake thumping it into the corner.

I don't know if I ever want to play Slattery again - I'm an old man and this isn't good for me, well played buddy you deserved at least a point.

Another cracking game mate . I’m 44 so I need a lie down too after that end to end game :D

There was nothing in both games and enthralling Win or loose :)

Good luck rest of league. My search goes on for a win :D

For Det Somerset, aka Philamental, who wouldn't believe us that Batistuta was excellent as a right sided striker in a 433 :cool:

Myself and Damo scored 17 goals in 2 games in myclub coop in division 2 tonight. Messi, Mbappe and Batistuta up front are unbelievable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hows the league going fella's. Ive been keeping tabs on the thread. Any major upsets yet?
    Im bloddy itching to get back into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Hows the league going fella's. Ive been keeping tabs on the thread. Any major upsets yet?

AidoEirE wrote: »

Ya seems to be going well enough. 4 and 3.5 star teams have evened it up a bit more. I think 2 teams have moved to 4.5 stars after the January transfers and stat updates but not much you can do about that!

Colemania wrote: »
    For Det Somerset, aka Philamental, who wouldn't believe us that Batistuta was excellent as a right sided striker in a 433 :cool:

All I saw were a few tap ins after the other two did all the heavy lifting and then a tame pass into the (sub) keeper's hands with the goal at his mercy in the end. I still think he's just a low grade Cavani wannabe :pac:

Cap doffed for Messi's rainbow flick which got their keeper sent off though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

All I saw were a few tap ins after the other two did all the heavy lifting and then a tame pass into the (sub) keeper's hands with the goal at his mercy in the end. I still think he's just a low grade Cavani wannabe :pac:

Cap doffed for Messi's rainbow flick which got their keeper sent off though! :D

The man is a beast ha ! That last miss was my fault. I tried to do keepy ups and then lob the keeper ha.

Looks like Bournemouth v Leicester this week will decide once and for all who really beat Damo this season :pac:

Jota can't wait for this fixture !! After the scenes at molineaux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

AidoEirE wrote: »

Looks like it's time to bring up me beating Damo again. 5-3!

Cienciano wrote: »
    Looks like it's time to bring up me beating Damo again. 5-3!

Haha in the return fixture ! Vardy is going to be gone after five minutes if I have my way

Haha in the return fixture ! Vardy is going to be gone after five minutes if I have my way

I'll be going with the 8-1-1 formation

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

AidoEirE said:

I'm looking to go unbeaten in the league then get beaten in a semi final and be salty about it for ages #damosabollox. Only messing damo

I'm looking to go unbeaten in the league then get beaten in a semi final and be salty about it for ages #damosabollox. Only messing damo

#damosabollox :D

• Advertisement

Leicester 1 - 3 PSV

Match report:

I hate this game.

:pac:

I'm convinced Dan is actually fully available next week but he saw PSV's A form and he said "**** this, I'm playing all my remaining matches before Thursday so i'll make up some horse**** excuse so everyone will play me!":D

I'm convinced Dan is actually fully available next week but he saw PSV's A form and he said "**** this, I'm playing all my remaining matches before Thursday so i'll make up some horse**** excuse so everyone will play me!":D

Brilliant! :D I'll send you a pic from Morocco where I'm going next week for proof!

Brilliant! :D I'll send you a pic from Morocco where I'm going next week for proof!

Morocco/Monaghan, easily pass one off as the other!

We're on to you :pac:

That game was annoying. For about 30 minutes I had lots of possession and some good chances. Shots missed from 2m out, another shot from an angle close in that had beaten the keeper and I was sitting back thinking about changing my tactics after going 1 up - but it defied thesomehow drifted wide. Then Dan gets his first chance and I'm thinking "surely he can't score this" and it goes in. Then about 10 seconds later dan gets his second chance, and I'm thinking "this is a really tight angle, surely he can't score this" and he does.

In fairness, at the end of the game we both had plenty of chances, but that first 30 minutes was annoying.

That game was annoying. For about 30 minutes I had lots of possession and some good chances. Shots missed from 2m out, another shot from an angle close in that had beaten the keeper and I was sitting back thinking about changing my tactics after going 1 up - but it defied thesomehow drifted wide. Then Dan gets his first chance and I'm thinking "surely he can't score this" and it goes in. Then about 10 seconds later dan gets his second chance, and I'm thinking "this is a really tight angle, surely he can't score this" and he does.

In fairness, at the end of the game we both had plenty of chances, but that first 30 minutes was annoying.

My experience wasn't that bad but De Jong scored two headers from two standard crosses in the first which was really deflating when i'm doing all I can and all I get is the keeper. Yours may be scripting, but mine is just that Bournemouth can't defend :D

I didn't have lag or off form strikers just couldn't break you down and you played excellent ! Was glad to get a draw in the finish !

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Fulham here been up to my tits in work recently need to play palace fiorentina torino and benfica I will be on tonight but it won't be till after 9 I'll post up on psn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sorry for being sporadically on the last while - Same as Kenny...absolutely balls-to-the-wall in work.

Will be on this afternoon/this eve/tonight if people need to play me - Betis

I've 1 more league game to play but head away this afternoon and won't be back until next Saturday. Is that OK? When do they all need to be played by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

That’s fine. Last remaining fixtures won’t be out til this Monday anyway. I’m sure there’ll still be a few unplayed by Saturday.

Advertisement