Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ajax 0 - 8 Wolves

No need for a second leg

I'm also announcing my retirement from the league, no point getting so far just to get my arse handed to me two years in a row

TBH, I can see why you're not interested in playing the second leg, but don't retire from the league. I have zero chance of winning the league, second from bottom, but it's good craic. I've even given up coming up with excuses at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Cienciano wrote: »
    TBH, I can see why you're not interested in playing the second leg, but don't retire from the league. I have zero chance of winning the league, second from bottom, but it's good craic. I've even given up coming up with excuses at this stage.

Would people like me to do away with the cups or what's the consensus? I'll be honest, I only treat the group stages as a qualification group. If I top it, I don't feel like I've achieved anything as to win the cup means you're the best team for the whole league.

Damo is probably one of the only players you don't want to have a bad game against so don't be disheartened by it.

Colemania wrote: »
    Would people like me to do away with the cups or what's the consensus? I'll be honest, I only treat the group stages as a qualification group. If I top it, I don't feel like I've achieved anything as to win the cup means you're the best team for the whole league.

Damo is probably one of the only players you don't want to have a bad game against so don't be disheartened by it.

I think the main cup is needed to find the true champion between the 2 leagues and at least having 4 places gives most teams something to play for till pretty late on in the league.

I'd be happy enough to do away with the shield, not sure how others feel about it. If you're in it, chances are you had a shít league and you don't want to drag the season out any longer for a pointless enough competition. Not having a shield would mean odd numbers would be easier to deal with too.

Hows fatherhood going btw?

I think the main cup is needed to find the true champion between the 2 leagues and at least having 4 places gives most teams something to play for till pretty late on in the league.

I'd be happy enough to do away with the shield, not sure how others feel about it. If you're in it, chances are you had a shít league and you don't want to drag the season out any longer for a pointless enough competition. Not having a shield would mean odd numbers would be easier to deal with too.

Hows fatherhood going btw?

I could tell the interest in the Shield wasn't great alright. I'm just trying to include everyone

Ya i'm enjoying fatherhood so far. She can't grip the PS4 controller just yet so bit early to be considered for the next league I think :pac:

I could tell the interest in the Shield wasn't great alright. I'm just trying to include everyone

Ya i'm enjoying fatherhood so far. She can't grip the PS4 controller just yet so bit early to be considered for the next league I think :pac:

It can be hard organising shield games as people lose interest. I almost forgot I had shield games to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Don't mind me boys, just getting stroppy in my old age - I've calmed down now

Don't mind me boys, just getting stroppy in my old age - I've calmed down now

I don't think it was brought up before, but I beat Damo earlier on in the season. It is doable

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

I know what ye mean by the shield you've probably had a bad league campaign that's why your there but from previous seasons it's still enjoyable and one season I won the shield and somehow managed to win the super cup !
    And as any football fan will say if someone else wins it its a Mickey mouse trophy but if you win it a trophys a trophy
    Standard definitely gone up as the seasons go along very very tough opponents out there but ya Damo can be a c**t to play against haha

Just 1 quarter final to be played in both cups so as planned, the semi finals can still be played starting from tomorrow if that suits people.

I'll be playing my quarter final tomorrow afternoon, as I couldn't get on both evenings Porto were free. Haven't played in almost a month so I'm gonna be rustier than Liverpools trophy cabinet :D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

I'm in one of the Quarters that need to be played. Admittedly neither Pizza nor myself made any effort this week to arrange a fixture. I've PSN'd him this morning to see what his story is so hopefully we'll get it played over the weekend.

As for the post season, I think there is a place for the Shield. It will interest some more than others for sure, but you can never predict the level of interest until the teams are known. I think it's right to have a post season for the weaker players that gives them a chance of glory at their own level. That said I think the Super Final between Champions and Shield winners is unnecessary. Fair play to Kenneth for bucking the odds in the past, but surely most of the time the Champions winners win it comfortably? That's the one I'd suggest dropping, but I think it's worth keeping the rest of post season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

I'm in one of the Quarters that need to be played. Admittedly neither Pizza nor myself made any effort this week to arrange a fixture. I've PSN'd him this morning to see what his story is so hopefully we'll get it played over the weekend.

As for the post season, I think there is a place for the Shield. It will interest some more than others for sure, but you can never predict the level of interest until the teams are known. I think it's right to have a post season for the weaker players that gives them a chance of glory at their own level. That said I think the Super Final between Champions and Shield winners is unnecessary. Fair play to Kenneth for bucking the odds in the past, but surely most of the time the Champions winners win it comfortably? That's the one I'd suggest dropping, but I think it's worth keeping the rest of post season.
    You have nothing to lose in the super cup to be fair that's why I like it ha

KennyG192 wrote: »
    I know what ye mean by the shield you've probably had a bad league campaign that's why your there but from previous seasons it's still enjoyable and one season I won the shield and somehow managed to win the super cup !
    And as any football fan will say if someone else wins it its a Mickey mouse trophy but if you win it a trophys a trophy
    Standard definitely gone up as the seasons go along very very tough opponents out there but ya Damo can be a c**t to play against haha

Easy saying that, posted an hour after you went through in the quarters! Kenny will be like Jose, going around holding his fingers in the air telling people how many "trophies" he won :pac:

In fairness to Kenny, in last nights quarter final second leg, I was sending a message on my phone when the whistle went and I didn't notice the game had started till a few minutes in. If it was me I would have pretended I didn't notice and went up and scored. Then done a fake apology, "oh sorry, I thought you were ready". But Ken didn't start playing till I picked the controller up and there was movement on the other end, fair play. That's why I let him score that 91st minute winner to go through.

Some teams that won the shield just missed out on champions Cup qualification and caused some of the top 4 teams trouble in the group stages. Always a chance

Some teams that won the shield just missed out on champions Cup qualification and caused some of the top 4 teams trouble in the group stages. Always a chance

Some caused them real trouble.

Sorry, I finished second from bottom and knocked out of the shield in the first round, it's all I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Some caused them real trouble.

Sorry, I finished second from bottom and knocked out of the shield in the first round, it's all I got.

Yeah this bollix did cause somebody problems in the group stages !

Semi finals can be played now. Still 1 quarter final to be played in the Shield

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Colemania wrote:
    Semi finals can be played now. Still 1 quarter final to be played in the Shield

We are on opposite schedules unfortunately , will try to get it played asap but I'm off to Cheltenham on Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I'm around tonight and tomorrow night so just send me a time and I will get on cheers Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Sorry lads have to pull out at this stage. Unplayable lag that can't seem to be fixed things I need a new PS4 unfortunately. It's making this loud crazy noise and I won't be able to afford one for a while !

Sorry lads have to pull out at this stage. Unplayable lag that can't seem to be fixed things I need a new PS4 unfortunately. It's making this loud crazy noise and I won't be able to afford one for a while !

No way, that's disappointing. It's annoying as fúck playing with lag, i had it bad before. Constant disconnects too. Have you tried a factory reset?

• Advertisement

This is the most convoluted way ever of hiding the fact you're rage quitting the league after your loss to Cienciano! :P

Sorry to hear about your hardware. Loud PS4s are often related to the fan being overworked so have you checked if it's clogged by dust? Have a quick look through this to see if any of it might help

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/ps4-fan-loud-why-how-to-fix/

I think Coleman paid him off. In fairness, only the best, most highly skilled player can beat Damo.

Are you sure it's the ps4 though Damo? I would have thought lag is purely broadband related. I pretty much quit last year before I changed broadband provided. I've been lag free since, well, in division games where I don't select an opponent anyway.
    First thing I notice in a laggy game is 1 touch passes are far harder. Button obviously delays and the player takes a touch before the button press registers. Also, direction of passing is totally off, passing to a player behind the one you want. Sometimes a simple straight through ball goes miles off. Very annoying and makes it almost impossible.
    Is router firmware updated? Are you wired or wireless?

First thing I notice in a laggy game is 1 touch passes are far harder. Button obviously delays and the player takes a touch before the button press registers. Also, direction of passing is totally off, passing to a player behind the one you want. Sometimes a simple straight through ball goes miles off.

And here I thought I was just **** at PES all this time. Turns out I've been suffering from network lag, fellas! :pac:

And here I thought I was just **** at PES all this time. Turns out I've been suffering from network lag, fellas! :pac:
    Most annoying when you change your broadband provider and to superfast broadband and you realise you're actually shít, even with no lag.

I think Coleman paid him off. In fairness, only the best, most highly skilled player can beat Damo.

Are you sure it's the ps4 though Damo? I would have thought lag is purely broadband related. I pretty much quit last year before I changed broadband provided. I've been lag free since, well, in division games where I don't select an opponent anyway.
    First thing I notice in a laggy game is 1 touch passes are far harder. Button obviously delays and the player takes a touch before the button press registers. Also, direction of passing is totally off, passing to a player behind the one you want. Sometimes a simple straight through ball goes miles off. Very annoying and makes it almost impossible.
    Is router firmware updated? Are you wired or wireless?

Don't forget who I beat in the final last season? ;)

No, I can vouch for damo and his ancient ps4. I think he has it almost since the ps4 came out. You can often hear it in the background when we're on the headsets. He has fibre broadband so shouldn't be an issue.

It's ok, he's gonna win big at Cheltenham and buy a new one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I sent pizzaburn on PSN so hopefully, he will get back to arrange our QF match

I sent pizzaburn on PSN so hopefully, he will get back to arrange our QF match

Pizza said he was going to Cheltenham today. Wasn't clear if he was staying for the rest of the festival but you should probably assume he will and not expect him to be around for a few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Pizza said he was going to Cheltenham today. Wasn't clear if he was staying for the rest of the festival but you should probably assume he will and not expect him to be around for a few days

Ahh no problem. Hope he has some luck over there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

This. This changes everything!

Ah no, sorry to hear that dude - I'm sure you'll be back kicking ass next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Who plays as nantes, trying to organise our semi

Advertisement