Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,656 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Anyone hear from Pizzaburn or is he still in Cheltenham :)
    Just trying to arrange our match

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Anyone hear from Pizzaburn or is he still in Cheltenham :)
    Just trying to arrange our match

He must have had a good cheltenham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

He must have had a good cheltenham

Or if he had a cheltenham like mine, he's piss poor broke and he's on still at the track trying to get his hands on the horses that are still running :P

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Det Somerset

Boards championship cup final

Torino 4-2 Wolves

Wolves 1 - 3 Torino

Well done Reggie best player overall by far this season

When we first started the season just ended I played a friendly against Reggie's Torino as he wanted some practice. With us both accepting he was the better player I played as 5 star PSG to level the playing field somewhat. He won 2-1 but I had a couple of chances near the end that I missed so it felt like we were evenly balanced and we both agreed we'd try a rematch at some stage.

I got that rematch about a week ago. With the experience of playing a full league campaign as Torino behind him, he was unplayable and slaughtered me 8-1 ! It wasn't even a scoreline that I could feel hard done by as while it was frustrating in the extreme it was purely down to exceptional play from Reggie.

In that sense I think it's fair to say that Reggie has found another gear playing as Torino (which is ironic as I recall him complaining about them after the first couple of league games :pac: ) and as Damo said, proved to be clearly the best player of the season.

Congrats, Reggie. Well won!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Well done reggie, it takes a serious player to beat Damo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well done to reganreggie and nslattery on their respective cup wins.

I suppose it's time to start thinking about next season! I'm definitely declaring myself out this time but I might ask if people could declare their interest in this thread and what star rating or team category they wish to use for the next season along with any further suggestions

I'm glad I purposely played terrible in order to get an earlier pick for the next season :pac:

I don't mind whatever next season is or whatever teams are picked. National teams maybe?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to play next season as I'm finding it a lot more difficult to get online after 9pm which is when most people seem to be available. I'd be willing to give it a go if others didn't think this would be a problem, but I don't want to be the player that clogs up the league with unplayed fixtures cause I can't get online when everyone else is.

It seemed like 4 star teams was a good way to balance up all the players with results for the most part being regularly unpredictable. From that point of view it could be good to continue with that approach but maybe make it national teams as Cienciano said to mix it up a bit and ensure it isn't mostly the same batch of teams as last time out?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to play next season as I'm finding it a lot more difficult to get online after 9pm which is when most people seem to be available. I'd be willing to give it a go if others didn't think this would be a problem, but I don't want to be the player that clogs up the league with unplayed fixtures cause I can't get online when everyone else is.

It seemed like 4 star teams was a good way to balance up all the players with results for the most part being regularly unpredictable. From that point of view it could be good to continue with that approach but maybe make it national teams as Cienciano said to mix it up a bit and ensure it isn't mostly the same batch of teams as last time out?
    I don't think you had a problem fulfilling your fixtures, so I don't think working midweek is a problem tbh. I think as long as people respond to messages and communicate when they're away then limited availability isn't a big deal.
    As for 4 star teams and levelling it up, we got beaten in enough games to not have to worry about levelling it up! But seriously, I don't mind what teams we pick. I exclusively play myclub now, I've no idea what normal teams are out there.

When we first started the season just ended I played a friendly against Reggie's Torino as he wanted some practice. With us both accepting he was the better player I played as 5 star PSG to level the playing field somewhat. He won 2-1 but I had a couple of chances near the end that I missed so it felt like we were evenly balanced and we both agreed we'd try a rematch at some stage.

I got that rematch about a week ago. With the experience of playing a full league campaign as Torino behind him, he was unplayable and slaughtered me 8-1 ! It wasn't even a scoreline that I could feel hard done by as while it was frustrating in the extreme it was purely down to exceptional play from Reggie.

In that sense I think it's fair to say that Reggie has found another gear playing as Torino (which is ironic as I recall him complaining about them after the first couple of league games :pac: ) and as Damo said, proved to be clearly the best player of the season.

Congrats, Reggie. Well won!

Yeah he was different class to be fair I did my best to try and keep it competitive in the final

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    I don't think you had a problem fulfilling your fixtures, so I don't think working midweek is a problem tbh.

My situation has only changed in the last month or so though. I had all my league games done before then so it was only my play off that was affected. I went from being the first person to complete my league campaign to being the last first round play off fixture to be played because Pizza couldn't get on before 9pm and I couldn't get on after it for about a week and a half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

You’ll know yourself for sure Phil, but I’d agree with cienciano, main thing is a bit of communication between players if schedules don’t align, and arranging a time. Usually works out alright in the end, especially if you’ll be free at some stage over weekends. And if the odd game takes a while to arrange so be it.

I’d be happy with 4 star or lower national sides for a change. No idea how many there are but plenty of 3.5 anyway.

Well done to Reggie for winning the super cup. He's untouchable in this game and I was happy to give him a little fright in the 2nd leg by going 3-0 up :D.

I think if he had a 1-star team in the next tournament he could still win it :)

Well done to Reggie for winning the super cup. He's untouchable in this game and I was happy to give him a little fright in the 2nd leg by going 3-0 up :D.
    Sorry, but reliving past freak results is just sad :pac:

Cienciano wrote: »
    Sorry, but reliving past freak results is just sad :pac:

I might start the sign up now for the next league and leave it hang for a while as it seems the thread isn't very active recently

Boards League Season 6 Sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Count me in! I have 2 brothers interested in joining up for the next league as well.

Count me in.

I'm in

• Advertisement

Count me in! I have 2 brothers interested in joining up for the next league as well.

I would suggest the possibilities of match fixing but let's be honest, who doesn't love beating their brother!

Tell them to sign up here anyway

1. Bozo_Skeleton
    2. Cienciano
    3. Osh
    4. reganreggie
    5. Luckycharms_74
    6. KennyG192

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Sign me up

Im in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Great stuff count me in , 4 star like the last season as it was the most competitive so far

1. Bozo_Skeleton
    2. Cienciano
    3. Osh
    4. reganreggie
    5. Luckycharms_74
    6. KennyG192

KennyG192 wrote: »
    Great stuff count me in , 4 star like the last season as it was the most competitive so far

4 star clubs or countries? If we do clubs, the same teams will get recycled

Also, if we're going with countries, could someone do up a quick list of who'd be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Colemania wrote: »
    4 star clubs or countries? If we do clubs, the same teams will get recycled

Also, if we're going with countries, could someone do up a quick list of who'd be available?

The only problem with the countries is Bosnia for example don't have correct player names can be difficult to play against

I'm grand with 4 star or under countries.

Something else we could possibly do is pick a league, like the Championship say, and just pick teams from that. Or any league (outside the big ones) with an even enough spread of teams.

• Advertisement

osh wrote: »
    I'm grand with 4 star or under countries.

Something else we could possibly do is pick a league, like the Championship say, and just pick teams from that. Or any league (outside the big ones) with an even enough spread of teams.

I was thinking that alright. Championship would be ideal. Damo and reggie will end up with some 2.5 star teams :D

Quick look on pesmaster.com and Preston are the 4th weakest team in the league yet have some flyers in the team like Robinson, Maguire and a few others. Stoke are the strongest based on overall stats

Advertisement