Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP Steely Dan co-founder Walter Becker dies aged 67

Comments

He was one of the most distinctive guitarists ever. Even when not with Steely Dan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Do it again Walter. RIP. Sounds of my youth.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great band, great music. RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

"Deacon Blues":

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

I am saddened but not at all surprised by this news, one only has to view his recent performances on youtube to understand the guy was not only unwell but to a large degree losing it mentally also, I am a huge SD fan but after viewing these sad renditions of old masterpieces I decided I would keep my memories of previous great shows I attended intact and not waste my money on a ticket, RIP Walter RIP Steely Dan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Great guitarist... I used to listen to their albums back to back. Their arrangements were very clever... more than just rock and roll.

Great guitarist... I used to listen to their albums back to back. Their arrangements were very clever... more than just rock and roll.

They were brilliant, Boddhisatva is my favourite SD song.

The other work they did, such as Becker's work with Rosie Vela above, or Fagen's The Nightfly, showed how accomplished they were away from SD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Goodnight Mr Becker -
    So many of my favourite songs from FM to Aja, Haitian Divorce, Deacon Blues ... Will get another airing tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

no word of a lie, only heard ''do it again'' playing yesterday while eating out, went home and spotified it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Academic wrote: »
    "Deacon Blues":

Yeah that one.

They got name for the winners in the world but I wanna name when I lose :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

I shall indulge in some serious air guitar to honour the man as soon as I get the chance.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

What a shame, RIP. I remember hearing their music when I was a child, and I still enjoy it today.
    Now I play music I can see how clever and intricate some of their songs are - there's a lot more going with most of their songs than you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

My own fave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

Seems Walter had both esophageal and liver cancer, RIP true legend.

Advertisement