Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NNID/ New 2DS

• 03-09-2017 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭

I might be missing something but I cant find an answer.

Have a new 2DS and trying to set it up with my NNID. When I try it says error code: 022-2591 the NNID is linked to another DS. This is probably an old one I had that met a watery grave. As such, I cant unlink it using the old system, which the Nintendo website keeps suggesting I do.

Is there a way to unlink the old system easilyor do I need to contact Nintendo directly?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

fixxxer wrote: »
    I might be missing something but I cant find an answer.

Have a new 2DS and trying to set it up with my NNID. When I try it says error code: 022-2591 the NNID is linked to another DS. This is probably an old one I had that met a watery grave. As such, I cant unlink it using the old system, which the Nintendo website keeps suggesting I do.

Is there a way to unlink the old system easilyor do I need to contact Nintendo directly?

Got to contact Nintendo! They were helpful when I had to but that was for switch so process may be different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Call 'em. Fill out a form. Wait 1-24 hours. Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Emailed them last night and they had it sorted by this morning. Pretty impressed with that.

Advertisement