Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote:
    Does anyone have a list of all players handy? I don't think the list on the signup tread is current?

It's in the first post on the thread I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Boom

1.QB
    2.Trit
    3.Yoss
    4.Digi
    5.robyntmorton
    6.Ectoplasm
    7.Sully
    8.BJ
    9.Guffy
    10.sKeith
    11.patrickStarr
    12. LordTSC
    13.Necrominus
    14.Jayop
    15. Micksjaguar
    16. Mahamageehad
    17. Strawbs
    18. Valeyard
    19. Crosstown
    20. Grumpylumpy
    21. Drumpot
    22. Mrs Flushdraw
    23. Barney
    24. Kolido
    25. PJ

It's on the OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Star date : Day 1..... Ive read up and feel confident of the rules on this strange planet, however I still am lost in terms of how to relate to the Star Trek fans here on this planet and their customs but Im sure I will follow along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Cheers guys, I was wondering who Bongokettle was! :D

• Advertisement

Just wondering are we giving any credence to PJ's one post claiming they were Q?
    Not suggesting anything of course but....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Necrominus wrote: »
    Just wondering are we giving any credence to PJ's one post claiming they were Q?

Let's lynch him and find out :P :)

Nah, I had assumed it was a joke.

But you never know. Probably more likely to be a wolf than Q if he's anything - a sort of double bluff so he doesn't get lynched. For the moment I'm inclined to take it as a joke though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd be super weary of anyone claiming Q so quickly. It could be a strong tactic for a wolf down the road to claim Q, to sow doubt and try to stop a lynching of themselves. Claiming Q pretty much keeps them alive until the wolves go after them.

For now, I'm just focusing on seeing if anyone posted any memes that could be inside jokes, like when you posted 7of9 gifs yesterday when I asked for Voyager pictures :P

quickbeam wrote:
    But you never know. Probably more likely to be a wolf than Q if he's anything - a sort of double bluff so he doesn't get lynched. For the moment I'm inclined to take it as a joke though.

Yep, my thoughts too. Although if he's not eaten for that in the next few munches it may be worth re-examining...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Kolido wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list of all players handy? I don't think the list on the signup tread is current?

The Op has the list of players at the bottom.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote:
    For now, I'm just focusing on seeing if anyone posted any memes that could be inside jokes, like when you posted 7of9 gifs yesterday when I asked for Voyager pictures

Haha. I wish I knew inside jokes about Star Trek tbh. Never watched the show in my life (sacrilege!) but it's a meme enthusiast's dream for sure as Kolido already said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

morning y'all.

sKeith wrote: »
    have you anything more to add?

I'm really surprised you're the only person who picked up on this. No, I've nothing more to add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Players hinting at beeing Q this early would look wofly to me. They know they won't get munched and they know we would be careful with our kills this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

So far I ve read back over a lot of drivel. I guess the Saturday rules thread got a lot of questions out of the way.

One idea I have is that before lynch, we should all obviously post who we are voting for and also post who we think Q is.

Right now I think Necro is Q.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

tritium wrote: »
    I come back from a break on the holodeck and theres 16 extra pages to read. And its only night 0 still!

200w.gif

One of the first thing I did was change to the max posts per page when I joined boards years ago.
    I agree Trit.

The queen Borg has to be targeted twice by 2 different methods so vital that we don't have a trigger happy vig and beserker.

The queen could win if the vig and beserker are taken out early. Could be an early game over if that happens.

I read it as any two attempts, we would know straight off if she survived a lynch and then hopefully we still have someone with a phaser to take her out properly.

Oh and morning everyone. Who wants to go someplace for a wee jaunt? meet me in the transporter room!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Oh and is Robyn a new player or a player that changed their name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Oh and is Robyn a new player or a player that changed their name?

I thought they were new, Sully suggested the game to them IIRC

Right now I think Necro is Q.

*buzzer sounds*
    Wrong! Please try again later.

I haven't been looking for Q to be honest.

Who wants to go someplace for a wee jaunt? meet me in the transporter room!

Ehhh, no! I'm wearing the wrong colour.

• Advertisement

I'm really surprised you're the only person who picked up on this. No, I've nothing more to add.

Lol. I was too busy memeing away to my heart's content last night but I literally just brought it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Hi guys, patrickSTARR reporting for duty. Just back from the picnic of electricity and Ill read back over everything soon. Im expecting lots of gifs and references from the Trek that I wont get but I will offer you Star Trek references that I do know.....

z-dquzk879uejz2jz94qpmvboam.gif?w=500&h=375

Ah, remodulate the deflector dish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kolido wrote: »
    Players hinting at beeing Q this early would look wofly to me. They know they won't get munched and they know we would be careful with our kills this early.

What I don't get is why a villager would try to role claim the serial killer (not the same powers his time round, but someone in it to win it themselves). Role claiming at this stage is already dangerous enough but doing it to protect Q if you are a goody seems a weird choice to make.

Mind, so would a wolf claiming it too, cause it just paints a big target on your back already.....

Necro looks too obvious to be Q as well. I'd imagine Q, for now, would be keeping his head down for a day or two so as not to be overly suspicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ehhh, no! I'm wearing the wrong colour.

No one is beaming anywhere. There is work to be done.

*buzzer sounds*
    Wrong! Please try again later.

I haven't been looking for Q to be honest.
    I couldn't care less what you say, unless someone else comes to my attention, Im putting you as Q on my don't lynch placeholder.

Lord TSC wrote:
    Necro looks too obvious to be Q as well. I'd imagine Q, for now, would be keeping his head down for a day or two so as not to be overly suspicious.

Obvious like a fox! :P

(I'm not Q)

Lord TSC wrote: »
    What I don't get is why a villager would try to role claim the serial killer (not the same powers his time round, but someone in it to win it themselves). Role claiming at this stage is already dangerous enough but doing it to protect Q if you are a goody seems a weird choice to make.

Mind, so would a wolf claiming it too, cause it just paints a big target on your back already.....

Maybe their a good guy trying to protect themselves. Not a great strategy but a possible one.

I don't think Necro has it in him to keep his head down, he cant help himself but to post a lot.

I couldn't care less what you say, unless someone else comes to my attention, Im putting you as Q on my don't lynch placeholder.

I guess I should be happy you'd not want to kill me???

That could be dangerous too if Necro turned out to be a wolf (I'm not suggesting he is, btw).

Look, we'll have to lynch *somebody* each evening. We can't tie ourselves up in knots because we're afraid that we're lynching Q. Wolves have to be got too.

• Advertisement

I don't think Necro has it in him to keep his head down, he cant help himself but to post a lot.

This much is true though :)

Advertisement