Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Cosying up to the Starrman are we?

just trying to be rational

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Very true young lad, Ill happily answer any questions. As should you Necroman

Yep. As said I'll answer any rational criticism but i would prefer to focus on the actual wolves rather than wasting time on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Necrominus wrote: »
    I'm not going to waste too much time on this as 1. I'm not a wolf and 2. I want to catch the actual wolves but I'd be interested in knowing what apparently has caught your eye about me.

I post a lot in every game so that isn't exactly much to judge me on!?

Backing away when the heat is on?

yeah paddy, you tell him. look at me and you, best mates :P

Quite the contrary. I asked why I caught your eye so I could briefly provide a rebuttal before moving on to catch the actual wolves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

why not?

Because it looks like a wolfy move thats why :D

Quite the contrary. I asked why I caught your eye so I could briefly provide a rebuttal before moving on to catch the actual wolves

Patrick, are you a wolf?

Patrick, are you a wolf?

Are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Morning all.
    Haha. I wish I knew inside jokes about Star Trek tbh. Never watched the show in my life (sacrilege!) but it's a meme enthusiast's dream for sure as Kolido already said.
    I have no idea about Star Trek (even less than I did about Star Wars) so all memes and subtle hints will go directly over my head this game. I posted 1 so far and it was literally the 1st that appeared when I google "Star Trek sorry gif".
    All ah
    Vale in there with an early morning God reference. Suspicious! :pac:
    Barney92 wrote: »
    ...No lynch plan...
    The no lynch plan is a non-runner. Not just because of how difficult it would be to implement and wasting our bullets. It's also a game winning play for q - he just waits for everyone to vote no lynch, then votes for himself. With that 1 vote, assuming everyone else complies, he wins. Nothing in rules saying you can't vote for yourself.
    Kolido wrote: »
    Remember crew, Robyn could be Q, they show as good, right?
    I don't think Robyn was q although I did think she was roled. :( Nothing about the posts really points towards Q for me.

Because it looks like a wolfy move thats why :D

i dont think so. people are far too quick to jump to conclusions without thinking of other possible scenarios.
    i simply presented 2 other scenarios, where paddy would follow the same line of questioning.

and your reaction could also be perceived as wolfy

• Advertisement

Morning all.

I have no idea about Star Trek (even less than I did about Star Wars) so all memes and subtle hints will go directly over my head this game. I posted 1 so far and it was literally the 1st that appeared when I google "Star Trek sorry gif".

The no lynch plan is a non-runner. Not just because of how difficult it would be to implement and wasting our bullets. It's also a game winning play for q - he just waits for everyone to vote no lynch, then votes for himself. With that 1 vote, assuming everyone else complies, he wins. Nothing in rules saying you can't vote for yourself.

I don't think Robyn was q although I did think she was roled. :( Nothing about the posts really points towards Q for me.

If we don't lynch, we really leave ourselves open to the wolves. I will be voting for someone.

Are you?

Im the wolfiest wolf you ever did see :pac:

Now answer the question.:mad:

Morning all.

i like this line of thinking. not sure if you can vote yourself though. but it shows outside of the box thinking, which i like. well done you

i dont think so. people are far too quick to jump to conclusions without thinking of other possible scenarios.
    i simply presented 2 other scenarios, where paddy would follow the same line of questioning.

and your reaction could also be perceived as wolfy

True..... The more questions we ask the more info we have to go on. Rattle cages and see what falls out.

If we don't lynch, we really leave ourselves open to the wolves. I will be voting for someone.

No 'STARRS' for guessing who that someone is right now, I suppose?

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That....holy ****, that would have been a genius play. That one never even crossed my mind....

True..... The more questions we ask the more info we have to go on. Rattle cages and see what falls out.

but paddy did this, and you said it was wolfy. why the sudden change of heart?

or just a red shirt trying to elicit a reaction, or q trying to elicit a reaction.

i'm leaning towards a red shirt
    Can you explain the significance of the red shirt (and any other important shirt colours?)
    i like this line of thinking. not sure if you can vote yourself though. but it shows outside of the box thinking, which i like. well done you
    Rules don't specifically deny it. Maybe it's still not allowed, but even on the chance that it is I think that it's too risky. Even if mods clarify to say it isn't allowed, we still run the risk of trying to implement this in a game where each player only gets 1 non-retractable vote so I can't see it working. All, at this stage we're more likely to vote for a goodie than a baddie.

Lord TSC wrote:
    That....holy ****, that would have been a genius play. That one never even crossed my mind....

Now that it's been brought up, it does paint those suggesting the no lynch strategy in a poor light.

I'm looking at you Barney and Mick :D

Can you explain the significance of the red shirt (and any other important shirt colours?)

Rules don't specifically deny it. Maybe it's still not allowed, but even on the chance that it is I think that it's too risky. Even if mods clarify to say it isn't allowed, we still run the risk of trying to implement this in a game where each player only gets 1 non-retractable vote so I can't see it working. All, at this stage we're more likely to vote for a goodie than a baddie.

red shirts are the NRV in this game. in star trek they are teh canon fodder who always die

• Advertisement

No 'STARRS' for guessing who that someone is right now, I suppose?

:pac:

Oh you'd be surprised who I have my eye on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In the original series, the "red shirts" were members of Kirk's crew who were often nameless, and often cannon fodder when they'd go away on missions.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedShirt

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Wolves could throw a spanner in the works for this though.

A wolf may vote, but it could also out themselves potentially.

That being said, Im voting. Im going balls to the wall

but paddy did this, and you said it was wolfy. why the sudden change of heart?

No change of heart, no harm in seeing his or your reactions to it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Red shirts are just the pawns - NRVs. These lads always got killed in the original Star Trek. If a red shirt went on an away mission it was unlikely that he'd make it back to the ship.

I do agree with your theory of not having a 'no lynch' vote. It's be handing the game to Q.

Now that it's been brought up, it does paint those suggesting the no lynch strategy in a poor light.

I think the opposite actually.
    It'd inch Barney a lot towards being a vanillager for me. Vanillagers are more likely to think of crazy theories like that and bring them up on thread. I've done it myself in dreams of other universes. Rolled goodies don't want to draw too much attention, and baddies would discuss first and therefore see the flaws in the plan. I'd be more interested in those active at the time it was being discussed that didn't put forward an opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Robyn :(

Gone but not forgotten. Safe journey on the enterprise.

Maha makes a good point about no lynch playing into the hand of Q. Was it pj who suggested no lynch? Or did he just role claim? On my phone so can't check.

It would, but to be fair until one bad Mahama Jamma brought it up I thought it was a good plan too.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Robyn :(

Gone but not forgotten. Safe journey on the enterprise.

Maha makes a good point about no lynch playing into the hand of Q. Was it pj who suggested no lynch? Or did he just role claim? On my phone so can't check.

PJ role claimed and Barney made the plan.

Thanks all for red shirt explanation, I just reread OP and saw it's even mentioned there so my bad! I thought it was just a reference I wasn't getting!

• Advertisement

I think the opposite actually. It'd inch Barney a lot towards being a vanillager for me. Vanillagers are more likely to think of crazy theories like that and bring them up on thread. I've done it myself in dreams of other universes. Rolled goodies don't want to draw too much attention, and baddies would discuss first and therefore see the flaws in the plan. I'd be more interested in those active at the time it was being discussed that didn't put forward an opinion.

Research you say? To the library!!!
    (Assuming this ship has a library of course :( )
    It was more of a tongue in cheek comment anyways as Barney wants me dead in every game so I said I'd return the favour :P

Advertisement