Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What are your thoughts on some of the other posters so far

Not had a chance to update my list since I posted it a n hour ago, but here's where I'm at again.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Here's what I have right now on the little post it note in front of me, over the morning so far.

Barney - Suggested a no vote tonight, that would have helped Q probably win the game.

PJ - Claiming Q, but to what end? Doesn't help the village at all. But seems more lack of foresight than clumsey attempt to win quickly.

Patrick - Accusing everyone, flip flopped on Necro (calling him Q, then a wolf)

Mick - Instantly accepted Barney's plan, then vanished as soon as called out on it.

Necro - A lot of memes, but not massively "wolfy" yet. Possible Q.

Guffy - Low level poster, lot of fluff early on.

Strawberry - Seems to want to drive attention away from Q completely, though don't nessecarily disagree with why.

Few more then, Yoss, BJ, Kalido, that I've no read on either way as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Why do you care that robyn died already

I would care about Robyn dying so early. The main reason on other galaxy's they don't kill a real player on the soft first night. Even worse when it is a new player and they get killed right away and may not come back to this Starship!

mahamageehad - I find it unlikely that a red shirt wouldn't have researched what a red shirt is once they found out they were a red shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Not really into an FFA on day one. I have said it every game, it is too hard to find people and I am not going to be a sheep and copy someone just to do the job.

ATM I have Mahama and Lordy in team village but nothing else!

On Worf being Robyn, kind of see where they were coming from but still not 100% sure.

Would def like the Priest to come out end of day 2 if there is important roles been killed or wolves so we know where we are. Other than that I would keep stume.

Since the Seer only gets good/evil I dont think while the Queen and Q are still around we can reply on anything. UNLESS they have pinged the Borgs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mahamageehad - I find it unlikely that a red shirt wouldn't have researched what a red shirt is once they found out they were a red shirt

ssh

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ssh

do you reckon we could ssh into the borg cube to find out who the drones are?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Since the Seer only gets good/evil I dont think while the Queen and Q are still around we can reply on anything. UNLESS they have pinged the Borgs.

Well just on this none of us including the priest will know about Q until after the game. (Well apart from Q of course). So I wouldn't see it as a deterrent for a seer coming out... But neither priest nor seer should come out until after the recruiter is dead, peeked or has converted someone.
    Too valuable to lose to the dark side imo.

I'm for the FFAs btw, at least put up who you suspect the most.
    The other alternative is a blind vote and I'm not in favour of this at all given one FFA has been done already. Gives the wolves the excuse of 'well, I thought Patrick STARR had valid points'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Afternoon all. Sorry I'm late for duty, I got stuck in a turbolift and my com link was broken. I've been reading the ships log though, strange things are afoot. Sorry to see robyn gone so quickly, that's no craic for a newbie and she was fun.

No super solid suspects but I am a bit suss about all the memes. Its a good way to boost your post count without saying anything (although some are v funny). I thought Barney's plan was interesting and quite villagery but mahama pointed out the obvious flaw in the plan. Weirdly enough that makes me think either one could be Q. On Q I think I'd favour ignoring him for now and focusing on the Borgwolfs 'cause trying to secure wolves is our best defense against a Q-mislynch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Cross have you anything more substantial than echoing others posts so far?

Who do you read as team village?

I'd be happy for now that Mahama is on side.

Barney may be on team village also as I think he came up with the no lynch strategy in good faith but then he can be a slippery fecker.

I don't know what to make of Patrick. At times I think he maybe rattling cages other times I get the feeling of a wolf in plain sight.

I find Robyns munching a bit odd too - probably because she wouldn't have been my choice for a fist kill if I was on team wolf. I'd have let a new player carry on to get a measure - if that makes any sense.

Ectoplasm wrote:
    No super solid suspects but I am a bit suss about all the memes. Its a good way to boost your post count without saying anything (although some are v funny). I thought Barney's plan was interesting and quite villagery but mahama pointed out the obvious flaw in the plan. Weirdly enough that makes me think either one could be Q. On Q I think I'd favour ignoring him for now and focusing on the Borgwolfs 'cause trying to secure wolves is our best defense against a Q-mislynch.

Now there's 2 reasons for 'Meme Hour Mark II' if I survive the lynch. You have been warned Ecto :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'd be happy for now that Mahama is on side.

Barney may be on team village also as I think he came up with the no lynch strategy in good faith but then he can be a slippery fecker.

I don't know what to make of Patrick. At times I think he maybe rattling cages other times I get the feeling of a wolf in plain sight.

I find Robyns munching a bit odd too - probably because she wouldn't have been my choice for a fist kill if I was on team wolf. I'd have let a new player carry on to get a measure - if that makes any sense.

Maha is onside to what now?

I thought Robyn was likely to be munched, didn't seem random to me, albeit I thought she had a different role to worf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

On the FFA, I think it's the best way weeding out common suspects. It's a good way to find patterns and may notice wolves avoiding some common suspects for no good reasons. Obviously there is the con of wolves bandwagoning, but in the overall scheme of things, I'm all for it.

The votes are revealed after Lynch, does it reveal who voted for who or just the numbers? If it's the former, FFA can work good with this.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Now there's 2 reasons for 'Meme Hour Mark II' if I survive the lynch. You have been warned Ecto :P

Oh joy!

Let's lynch Necro :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Hi all, new science officer Trit reporting. I would have been on sooner but the captain had me off running some odd experiments. Something about the earth being flat i think, dunno....

Anyway, current thinking

Look like village: mick, guffy, pj

Suspicious and need to review: digi, strawbs, mahama, lord, kolido

Possible Qs: barney, strawbs, digi

Unknown at this point: everyone else

Back later, captain wants me to run some experiments tests on the Ferengi in the brig guestrooms. Very strange stuff......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

the problem of doing a ffa on night 1, is there is nothing to go on. the wolves can easily jump on a bandwagon started inadvertently by a well meaning red shirt.

with a blind vote, the wolves options are limited as they wont all lump on the same person.

having said that, a ffa could lead to a bandwagon on a wolf, and the wolves would then try to steer everyone away from that.

basically, i dont really know what the best strategy is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maha is onside to what now?

On side as in on the village side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭Guffy

The worst thing about ffa is the time it takes up discussing on whether or not we should do an ffa.

Given that there has been a list put up already I'm happy to run with it but with the deadline set for 7 am in no rush to post it.

I will say im much cooler on mick being a baddie now. Seems like a good fella that mick.

Vale i am still curious about your interaction with the village. Why has everything been done throught the voice of a captain? Its like you are trying to hide behind a persona.

i wonder what jayo is at. should we lynch him for the laugh?

One point on voting on each night. We should put structure on it early and have only 2-3 candidates. Basically avoid a position where one late vote by Q can swing things

Apart from that we can really just keep eyes open for Q. Their role is mainly about increasing paranoia so we need to keep primary focus on the wolves

Jayop was at Electric Picnic afaik. I'm both jealous and also know that the Monday can be a sh!tshow as you deal with the combo of a three day hangover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I don't mind doing an FFA later on. I've only got one real suspect and another potential suspect. I'll name both later on. Don't want to put both up now given that it would only reveal to the wolves who my main suspect for voting is.

Just when we do the FFA, assuming we do it, can we be sure not to say we are actually voting for in the lynch? Otherwise it helps wolves plan. Just give the three people and the reasonings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

To add, think Maha is definitely playing team village. Solid callouts so far, same with Pat.

One could say your cosying up to Patrick and Mahama, on the chance they get confirmed good later.

the only people that know who the villagers are are the wolves. i think we should remain cautious of the peeps clearing other peeps.

as far as i am concerned there are no confirmed villagers yet (except me :P )

tritium wrote: »
    Hi all, new science officer Trit reporting. I would have been on sooner but the captain had me off running some odd experiments. Something about the earth being flat i think, dunno....

Anyway, current thinking

Suspicious and need to review: digi, strawbs, mahama, lord, kolido

Possible Qs: barney, strawbs, digi

Unknown at this point: everyone else

Back later, captain wants me to run some experiments tests on the Ferengi in the brig guestrooms. Very strange stuff......

Whats your reasoning for the above assumptions?

More importantly why you assume people are good?

Maybe its just me, but I cant assume anyone good at this early stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

the only people that know who the villagers are are the wolves. i think we should remain cautious of the peeps clearing other peeps.

as far as i am concerned there are no confirmed villagers yet (except me :P )

Not strictly true. ;)

Kolido wrote: »
    Not strictly true. ;)

not strictly

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whats your reasoning for the above assumptions?

More importantly why you assume people are good?

Maybe its just me, but I cant assume anyone good at this early stage

Mainly just what ive taken from reading their posts so far. Any of the assignments ive made could change if further posts appear inconsistent or off or indeed if i get a chance to read through their posts in isolation later. At this stage I'm really going on instinct, which with me is usually either quite good or extremely bad.

tritium wrote:

Interested in this part and this part only. Not seeing the look like village on PJ or Mick's part and Guffy I'm hazy on.

Maybe we're playing two completely different games though ;)

tritium wrote: »
    Mainly just what ive taken from reading their posts so far. Any of the assignments ive made could change if further posts appear inconsistent or off or indeed if i get a chance to read through their posts in isolation later. At this stage I'm really going on instinct, which with me is usually either quite good or extremely bad.

I think any instinct of someone being good should be classed as unknown. Lets not appear to clear anyone.

• Advertisement

One could say Trit could be trying to clear on of his fellow borgs.

Advertisement