Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Well this has been an interesting few hours hasn't it.

Necrominus wrote: »
    As I said to Trit already, I'd prefer not labelling a group of people as goodies given that the only people right now who know for sure who's good are the wolves. It just makes me uneasy.

Consider everyone I didn't mention as neutral in my case for data if required later.

So my wolf leans in no particular order: Mick, PJ, BJ, QB, Vale.

Everyone else = neutral

Apart from Necro of course. He's a good egg :D

My FFA will be comprised of the wolf lean category unless anything changes.
    Although Vale won't be in it, because he's my Q suspect right now.

Hi Necro, nice wolf leans........

but lets say, as I suspect, you are a wolf and so is My Lord,

which one of your "wolf leans are actually a wolf (going by the fact wolves usually throw one of their own to deter suspicion later in the game?

Vale? PJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Just been re-reading posts and this one struck me. I'm not sure about the seer but in terms of the priest, the bit I've bolded struck me. I don't think we could trust a priest reveal after night 3 if a conversion happens. If the wolves nab the priest as their recruit then they will know the roles of the dead and can use that information against the village. The only possible confirmation would be if a seer had also peeked a dead player and what if the seer is dead. Then potentially two wolves claiming village roles. Is my logic wrong here?

I think you have found a legitimate problem.
    Does the priest/seer need to stay very hidden until after conversion happens and we hope the low odds are in our favour, or is there another strategy which might be better. The priest/seer has all day 3 in safety, as after the munch, they are safe until after the lynch when the recruiter recruits. 11 hours.

Guffy wrote: »
    I don't get this. You accused maha? She put you on goodie list and now you dont want to persue your theory because you are on her goodie list?

Did you suggest she was recruited in that post? Why?

I may regret this, but you may not land on my finalised FFA tonight.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Yeah I'm not a wolf just your Captain

I'll tell you what, run me with someone, put me in the FFA,

When I'm lynched and found to be good, the goodies FFA (Necro, Fee head, Patrick) as their is probably a wolf in there.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    I think you have found a legitimate problem.
    Does the priest/seer need to stay very hidden until after conversion happens and we hope the low odds are in our favour, or is there another strategy which might be better. The priest/seer has all day 3 in safety, as after the munch, they are safe until after the lynch when the recruiter recruits. 11 hours.
    Keeeeeeeef

While here, popping in like, hit me with any theories you may have on whos bad so far?

Maybe an FFA?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

which one of your "wolf leans are actually a wolf (going by the fact wolves usually throw one of their own to deter suspicion later in the game?

I don't quite follow given I'm not a wolf :P

My strongest suspicion right now is Mick. I guess that will have to suffice. Heading home from work now. Will be back in 30 mins so don't be accusing me of dodging the question just yet!!!

When I'm lynched and found to be good, the goodies FFA (Necro, Fee head, Patrick) as their is probably a wolf in there.

Can you make your own FFA?

You seem eager to run, are you Q?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Q is that you? You seem like you want to be lynched?

• Advertisement

Yeah, let's not lynch Vale please. He's coming across very Q like this afternoon.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Q is that you? You seem like you want to be lynched?

Great minds in all that

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah, let's not lynch Vale please. He's coming across very Q like this afternoon.

Actually its a bit obvious to suggest hes Q, possibly a wolf in Q's clothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Just been re-reading posts and this one struck me. I'm not sure about the seer but in terms of the priest, the bit I've bolded struck me. I don't think we could trust a priest reveal after night 3 if a conversion happens. If the wolves nab the priest as their recruit then they will know the roles of the dead and can use that information against the village. The only possible confirmation would be if a seer had also peeked a dead player and what if the seer is dead. Then potentially two wolves claiming village roles. Is my logic wrong here?

I think you are giving the wolf team too much credit that they would ping all the good roles in the first couple of days!

But yeah with a conversion it is dodgy. The one I would be most worried about losing is the priest. The seer is secondary as I said before as we cant trust their peeks.

I do see there is an inter galactic game between Scotty's team and some tanned blokes team. I was going to swing by and watch it!
    If the inetr galactic communicator works I will check how things are going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Actually its a bit obvious to suggest hes Q, possibly a wolf in Q's clothing

Yeah that's it.

Damn foiled again!

Oh darn.

I think you are giving the wolf team too much credit that they would ping all the good roles in the first couple of days!

But yeah with a conversion it is dodgy. The one I would be most worried about losing is the priest. The seer is secondary as I said before as we cant trust their peeks.

I do see there is an inter galactic game between Scotty's team and some tanned blokes team. I was going to swing by and watch it!

Dale Winton has a team?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Dale Winton has a team?

xNy-eM.gif

Think of all the fun you could have on Star Trek Supermarket Sweep.

My thoughts on Barneys plan were fairly simplw we have a 1/25 chance of losing the game tonight with a lynch if we go no lynch we cant lose the game.

I see mama said we hand the game to Q if they can vote for themselves but we could never vote yourself in any game previous but if it isnt in the rules then we cant take the chance.

Apologies if ye have moved on only catching up.

My thoughts on Barneys plan were fairly simplw we have a 1/25 chance of losing the game tonight with a lynch if we go no lynch we cant lose the game.

I see mama said we hand the game to Q if they can vote for themselves but we could never vote yourself in any game previous but if it isnt in the rules then we cant take the chance.

There is always an option to vote for yourself as we all get the same lynch form

Any thoughts on who your voting for Michael?

Or at least who your suss of?

• Advertisement

There is always an option to vote for yourself as we all get the same lynch form

Hmmm, could Mick be Q and want us all to not vote for ourselves perhaps?

I, as of now, still stand by my FFA.

1. Necro

2. My Lord

3. Guffy

anyone else care to share? ANYONE AT ALL

I didnt think you were allowed vote for urself?
    Any thoughts on who your voting for Michael?

Or at least who your suss of?

Not really had a slight inkling for Necro but based on nothing. Im speed reading to catch up but later on this eve i'll go back through posts. All I can offer atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I'm not so much giving them credit as thinking about worst case scenarios for the village, ie lets say robyn was seer and they manage to get lucky and recruit the priest (before the priest has shared any info with the village) Then they have the priests knowledge that the seer is dead - along with the other dead roles, if any- and the knowledge that they've recruited the priest themselves. Puts the wolves in a very powerful position and, generally, it makes role claims after the lynch on day 3 very suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Good afternoon fellow passengers. As was mentioned by a few of you who paid attention I was at ep and as expected I am sick as an intergalactic pig today. I had a quick read of the thread just now. Not an awful lot stood out to me.

1) by and large I'd ignore the q character. No way of knowing if it's still in play or of they won. If it's obvious that someone is trying to get lynched then yeah say so, but otherwise it's just going g to be a massive distraction that we have no real control over. Half the players will be lynched at some stage so really it's hard to do anything about it.

2) that said Patrick looks to be working hard to get himself killed.

3) some cold **** killing a noob first. Only a few players would do that I think.

If Q cant vote for himself the % play is no lynch, not sure why that makes me a suspect its fairly simple in my head. And my head is fairly simple :D

Not really had a slight inkling for Necro but based on nothing. Im speed reading to catch up but later on this eve i'll go back through posts. All I can offer atm.

Everyone wants a piece of ol' Necro it seems :D

FFA incoming shortly just home and booting up laptop for the evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

Now Im not defending PJ, I think they look ropey, but I can see the theory she has.

If someone put me on their goodie list, it can be seen as a ploy to cosy up to a known goodie (IE, if Mahama is a wolf, PJ may think she is cosying up to her consider Mahama knows PJ is good (or maybe Q).

How do you not get that ?

Sorry... what i don't get is why, because maha put pj on her good list, pj decided that he will drop or no longer push his theory on maha.

I didn't see pj call maha out, which is why i asked had she called maha out. I was looking for clarification. Also clarification on why he was no longer of the opinion that maha was a wolf because maha had now put him on her good list. If, as you said, pj was serious about a theory then surely this would strengthen his opion. Not a reason to no longer push it.

I don't think maha is bad, i think the village feeling for now is that she is not, but i am suspicious when someone says they accused someone and decides to drop it because that person puts them on their ok list.

I may be misreading it which is why i asked for clarification.

Jayop wrote: »
    Good afternoon fellow passengers. As was mentioned by a few of you who paid attention I was at ep and as expected I am sick as an intergalactic pig today. I had a quick read of the thread just now. Not an awful lot stood out to me.

2) that said Patrick looks to be working hard to get himself killed.

Ill be munched before Ill be lynched.

Who would you throw on an FFA then? Any one suspect to you as a wolf MMMMMMMMM JAYOP

• Advertisement

Moddy woddys, can you vote for yourself?

Advertisement