Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

O mama has slightly peeked my interest also. But gut feeling nothing concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Necrominus wrote: »
    Everyone wants a piece of ol' Necro it seems :D

FFA incoming shortly just home and booting up laptop for the evening

Esp me. Lordy doesn't tho, hes your wolf pal

One thing Ive noticed, Mick is usually more off the wall in his posts, Ive noticed hes more reserved

Take that for what its worth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

*mod note*

Gang everyone is free to vote for themselves if they want to.

If there are 23 votes for 'no lynch' and 1 vote for a player, then the player doesn't get lynched. No Lynch option is active and no Lynch will happen.

Just FYI, we wanted to bring this to your attention as we are aware the voting rules are different in some respects to other games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

#FFA1:

1. Mick - Something not sitting right with me on 2 fronts. Number 1 was him cosying up to the now deceased Robyn earlier this morning, and Number 2 was jumping all over the no lynch strategy. It's not much, but it's whats I got for now.

2. PJ - Very very suss. No explanation of the 'I am Q. Don't lynch me.' post yesterday. Could be a wolf trying to masquerade as a villager.

3. This is a toughie. I'm gonna go with Quickbeam. I'm getting a very dodgy vibe out of them. It's a real gut feeling but just not sitting right.

Oh. And I think Vale is Q. Which explains a little bit of the 'Captain's Log' posts etc and general mayhem vibe he's portraying. Could be wrong but that's my call for now.

• Advertisement

Esp me. Lordy doesn't tho, hes your wolf pal

*SIGH* You're going to feel very very silly when it's confirmed I'm not a wolf. That's the only way your theory holds up and I'm not...so... when, not if this happens...

latest?cb=20130805202217

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Pter wrote: »
    *mod note*

If there are 23 votes for 'no lynch' and 1 vote for a player, then the player doesn't get lynched. No Lynch option is active and no Lynch will happen.

Just FYI, we wanted to bring this to your attention as we are aware the voting rules are different in some respects to other games.

Well this means that the flaw in my plan isn't actually a flaw. Not that I think we should definitely do it. Also, people have been against it from early on so not everyone is going to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

as of right now i will not be voting, or voting for no one. there is a 75% chance of hitting a goodie. with nothing to go on, and the odds in favour of hitting a goodie, i will vote no one. no point us doing the wolves work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pter wrote: »
    *mod note*

OK so if half +1 vote no lynch then that's the majority.

as of right now i will not be voting, or voting for no one. there is a 75% chance of hitting a goodie. with nothing to go on, and the odds in favour of hitting a goodie, i will vote no one. no point us doing the wolves work

I MAY be amenable to this strategy. My theory on Mick is... weak to be honest and it's the strongest wolfy vibe I'm getting right now. No decisions right now though, let's see what the rest of the evening brings us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I am heading out. Going to make a vote for no lynch in case I am not back

ill be voting no lynch tonight

Jayop wrote: »
    OK so if half +1 vote no lynch then that's the majority.

Given you've said it's pointless worrying about Q do you really feel this is a good strategy though? I'm skeptical. Not because I wish to see anyone strung up. But because we lose a chance to potentially bag a wolf...

ill be voting no lynch tonight

Given the new info we have it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I knew i was not remembering incorrectly, it was you that posted the captains log.

#FFA1:

1. Mick - Something not sitting right with me on 2 fronts. Number 1 was him cosying up to the now deceased Robyn earlier this morning, and Number 2 was jumping all over the no lynch strategy. It's not much, but it's whats I got for now.

2. PJ - Very very suss. No explanation of the 'I am Q. Don't lynch me.' post yesterday. Could be a wolf trying to masquerade as a villager.

3. This is a toughie. I'm gonna go with Quickbeam. I'm getting a very dodgy vibe out of them. It's a real gut feeling but just not sitting right.

Oh. And I think Vale is Q. Which explains a little bit of the 'Captain's Log' posts etc and general mayhem vibe he's portraying. Could be wrong but that's my call for now.
    94c619db-b234-45a3-a78c-bb55d9e0c131.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

Given you've said it's pointless worrying about Q do you really feel this is a good strategy though? I'm skeptical. Not because I wish to see anyone strung up. But because we lose a chance to potentially bag a wolf...

I said that before the new rule clarification. I think the first night or two a no lynch might be better till we have more to go on.

sKeith wrote: »
    I knew i was not remembering incorrectly, it was you that posted the captains log.

Not the literal Captain's Log, sKeith! Vale has been providing us Captain's Log updates since last night as the self appointed ship captain.
    That's what I was alluding to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

*SIGH* You're going to feel very very silly when it's confirmed I'm not a wolf. That's the only way your theory holds up and I'm not...so... when, not if this happens...

Perhaps, but I gotta play the game as I see it. My you and Lordy wolf theory fits nicely for me.

Jayop wrote: »
    I said that before the new rule clarification. I think the first night or two a no lynch might be better till we have more to go on.

Meh... I'm still not convinced to be honest. I certainly wouldn't be voting no lynch right up until 8.50pm at the earliest given we have another 4 hours to see what might come to the fore.

I'm voting for myself

• Advertisement

I don't like the no lynch option so early, it should only be used if we think someone is Q by the process of deduction. We need to take out wolves.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Perhaps, but I gotta play the game as I see it. My you and Lordy wolf theory fits nicely for me.

Huh?? I thought it was Pstarr's theory?? I'm confused

Im reading it as a good theory, its not mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,147 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I don't like the no lynch option so early, it should only be used if we think someone is Q by the process of deduction. We need to take out wolves.

but only 25% chance of that. are you that sure you have a wolf?

Tell me why I shouldnt believe his theory so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I don't think no lynch should be chosen if we think someone is Q. Just lynch someone else. Whoever your second choice is.

My idea was to remove Q from the game for the first two days and hope for the best. That way we wouldn't have to second guess people's motives, we'd just be looking for wolves and not people trying to look a bit dodgy. Slips from wolves would then look to us as slips, not intentional mistakes by Q.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Tell me why I shouldnt believe his theory so?

Well I don't particularly have a way to prove it apart from stating absolutely that I'm not a wolf. No clue about Lordy to be honest. But, if I'm not a wolf as per the theory. Then... it's a pretty silly theory.

but only 25% chance of that. are you that sure you have a wolf?

Im not, but if we never lynch anyone then I think the wolves chances of winning increase. id rather gamble.

Lads we are odds against to hit a wolf even if Q wasn't in play no lynch would be the best option to start as you dont take any villagers out.

Lynches kill a way higher % of villagers then wolfs

• Advertisement

I think voting for "No Lynch" on the first day is almost always the right play. I can't believe we haven't done it before.

Advertisement