Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Why is nobody concerned that Mick and Grumpy didn't vote ?

I mean if Mick thought he was going to die, surely he would of voted for PJ to save himself if he wanted to survive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'd be okay with shooting pj too. There are scenarios:
    1) He's q - good for village that he dies without being lynched
    2) He's a wolf - good for the village that he dies
    3) He's a NRV - bad for numbers but his posting is causing chaos within the troops
    4) He's a roled villager - bad for the village if he dies

The only thing I can think of is that he's a roled villager claiming Q to keep himself alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Barney92 wrote: »
    Wasn't quite a no-lynch strategy. It was a bullet instead of a lynch strategy. It certainly had it's merits, with Q in the game. Anyway enough of me defending the plan, on to more important things - when is the vig taking out PJ?

Sorry its ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Necrominus wrote: »
    sKeith, Quickbeam, Beakerjoe, Sully, Kolido, Partyjungle

Explain the Mick vote please peeps. PJ was the obvious vote....???
    i think pj is q.

mick and reasons in my ffa1
    posts 790 & 798

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    Vote Tally:

No Lynch – 3 Votes (MrsFlushdraw, Drumpot, Jayop)
    Mick – 6 Votes (sKeith, Quickbeam, Beakerjoe, Sully, Kolido, Partjungle)
    PartyJungle – 4 Votes (LordTSC, Guffy, Barney, Necro)
    Mahamageehad – 2 Votes (Valeyard, Tritium)
    Yossarian – 3 Votes (Ecto, Strawberry, Digi)
    LordTSC – 1 Vote (PatrickStarr)
    Strawberry – 1 Vote (Mahama)
    Sullivo – 1 Vote (Yossar)
    PatrickStarr – 1 Vote (Crosstown)
    Did not vote - 2 - Grumpy, Mick

Great to see the FFA working so well! :rolleyes: Of course nobody's under obligation to vote for those that come out top of the vote, but it's pretty much a waste of time doing it (and collating it!!!!) if at least most of us don't use it!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Drumpot wrote: »

I mean if Mick thought he was going to die, surely he would of voted for PJ to save himself if he wanted to survive?

I am concerned about Mick's non vote and his relative lack of fight when he topped the FFA list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

My take on the two others: No read on either Micks or Yosser tbh. Its day one.

I thought I caught a slip up from Guffy earlier but happy to let it slide. I'm always suspicious of people who say "oh poor xyz" after they die. Seems like an over emoting wolf.
    I'd like to see more posts from mahama.

I implore you all to vote to lynch me. How much clearer can I say, there is always money in the banana stand!! (I am Q)

No read on Mick but votes for Mick... hmmm.... PJ.... hmmmm

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'd be okay with shooting pj too. There are scenarios:
    1) He's q - good for village that he dies without being lynched
    2) He's a wolf - good for the village that he dies
    3) He's a NRV - bad for numbers but his posting is causing chaos within the troops
    4) He's a roled villager - bad for the village if he dies

The only thing I can think of is that he's a roled villager claiming Q to keep himself alive.

Why would a rolled villager claim Q to stay alive with their very first post though :confused: whatever about doing that a few days down the line, doing it now just drags attention to yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The obvious answer is usually the best one. Quite possibly the game is gone but we have to go on as if it's not.

I'm not saying that it was what he was doing, more that in my head thats the only other reason to do it - keep yourself from being lynched. But then he's leaving himself open to the wolves. Either way he's a goner.

@vig - shoot pj.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Mick was good, or q, either way he dug his own grave with his no lynch plan. Ill stick by my guns. Will you?

Youve been wrong before Necro and youll continue that trend.

Ooh, playing on my past insecurites. Me likey. You shall stay in the top echelons of my thoughts.;););)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Because if mick was Q then we've lost already, though as someone else said I'll happily play on for 2nd place. And if he wasn't Q, which we kinda have to assume, then we watch for Q still.

Grumpy, I dunno, would like to hear from him tbh

Worst comes to worst, Mick was Q and has won the game. We're now playing for second place. Keep calm and carry on for the honour of silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Yeah I can't see any logic in claiming Q so early as a roled villager. It might protect against lynching but not munching or vigging (sounds dirty) coz it only draws attention

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm not saying that it was what he was doing, more that in my head thats the only other reason to do it - keep yourself from being lynched. But then he's leaving himself open to the wolves. Either way he's a goner.

@vig - shoot pj.

Why not wait until tomorrow and see what the wolves do ?

Like I am just wondering what benefit there is to shooting Pj tonight ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sKeith wrote: »
    i think pj is q.

mick and reasons in my ffa1
    posts 790 & 798

Micks lack of vote, suggests he may have been q to me.

If he votes for himself and lives, he looks suss to be q. So he doesnt vote to hedge his bets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Housekeeping post

housekeeping.jpg

We contacted both no voters. Mick had abandoned all hope of not being lynched, awaiting grumpys response. 1st and last warning has been issued to grumpy. None issued to mick because you cant warn a dead body with its head up its ass. We tried. It didnt work.

So we don't have to put up with questioning whether or not he is Q all day tomorrow too.

Oh Drumpot... just when I think good thoughts you go and post something like this.

Why would the wolves kill PJ? They'd leave him to us and go role hunting imo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Worst comes to worst, Mick was Q and has won the game. We're now playing for second place. Keep calm and carry on for the honour of silver.

Indeed and I don't believe Mick was Q. I think if he was Q he would've voted for himself in such a tight lynch. Would've outed himself but would've given him a better chance of a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Jayop wrote: »
    If those votes are in chronological order then it looks pure bad for PJ and kolido. It could be argued that they jumped on mick to save PJ suspecting that he was in the frame.

Cross referencing the FFA and vote lists, PJ was the only one to vote for Mick to not put him in his FFA. That would, to me, indicate that PJ may have voted Mick to save his own skin. *If* PJ was Q, why wouldn't he have taken the chance and voted for himself?

Kolido said way earlier on that he though Mick was bad. (#615) Not sure if that could be considered a bandwagon vote tbh.

Of the Mick voters, Sulli would strike me as suspicious. Her rationale for Mick seemed bandwagony- (#808) "Mick because he's trying to stop the village lynching." There were loads of people considering a non lynch, I just think the reasoning here is a bit parroted and weak.

QB and BJ were in my wolf leans earlier today, I need to go back through their timings. Same with sKeith although I had him as villager earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Jayop wrote: »
    If those votes are in chronological order then it looks pure bad for PJ and kolido. It could be argued that they jumped on mick to save PJ suspecting that he was in the frame.

What's your FFA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Well if Mick wasn't Q and PJ is then surely PJ is a target for the wolves? Unless of course, PJ is a wolf.

Cross referencing the FFA and vote lists, PJ was the only one to vote for Mick to not put him in his FFA. That would, to me, indicate that PJ may have voted Mick to save his own skin. *If* PJ was Q, why wouldn't he have taken the chance and voted for himself?

Kolido said way earlier on that he though Mick was bad. (#615) Not sure if that could be considered a bandwagon vote tbh.

Of the Mick voters, Sulli would strike me as suspicious. Her rationale for Mick seemed bandwagony- (#808) "Mick because he's trying to stop the village lynching." There were loads of people considering a non lynch, I just think the reasoning here is a bit parroted and weak.

QB and BJ were in my wolf leans earlier today, I need to go back through their timings. Same with sKeith although I had him as villager earlier.

What would your FFA have been??

crosstownk wrote: »
    Well if Mick wasn't Q and PJ is then surely PJ is a target for the wolves? Unless of course, PJ is a wolf.

PJ is the queen.

Actually, a really good point!

But I'm not thanking your post because of your last paragraph :)

Necrominus wrote: »
    Oh Drumpot... just when I think good thoughts you go and post something like this.

Why would the wolves kill PJ? They'd leave him to us and go role hunting imo

I have PJ down as erratic and sus, but I just don't see the difference between killing him tonight or tomorrow after the lynch. Why not just accept he is going to be shot (unless he gives some reasonable response) after tomorrows lynch and see if we get anything between now and then . .

In fact, why don't we all choose to lynch PJ tomorrow and force the wolves to munch him in case he is Q?

Bandwagony. Nice word. Did you and your wolf buddies discuss it in your backroom? Mick trying to orchestrate a village no-lynch was a silly idea, and lots of others picked up on it. Yet I get called bandwagony for putting it as a reason in my FFA?

quickbeam wrote: »
    Actually, a really good point!

But I'm not thanking your post because of your last paragraph :)

PJ is almost certainly evil if you ask me. I think recruiter. It seems others think queen. Either one and I'm happy.

• Advertisement

I have PJ down as erratic and sus, but I just don't see the difference between killing him tonight or tomorrow after the lynch. Why not just accept he is going to be shot (unless he gives some reasonable response) after tomorrows lynch and see if we get anything between now and then . .

In fact, why don't we all choose to lynch PJ tomorrow and force the wolves to munch him in case he is Q?

How do we force the wolves to do anything?

Advertisement