Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    How do we force the wolves to do anything?
    We get maha to exercise her power as the queen of the wolves and say "Munch the jungle of parties, let us feast on his blood"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What's your FFA?

I didn't do one Digi because I'd only really speed read from the kill this morning so I'd have been copying what other people had said rather than my own views. I was away all weekend and had a brutal hangover today. Reading back carefully wasn't on the cards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote: »
    PJ is almost certainly evil if you ask me. I think recruiter. It seems others think queen. Either one and I'm happy.

I say queen because he was uber confident a seer would see him as good earlier. Could be bluster... but...

I think queen. And it would explain the erratic play as he can't die from the first hit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Barney92 wrote: »
    PJ is almost certainly evil if you ask me. I think recruiter. It seems others think queen. Either one and I'm happy.

Oh agree here. I'd say Queen as the Recruiter wouldn't risk it, but who knows??? But Mahama's point about PJ voting to save himself in the lynch does seem to rule out Q, and therefore it does mean that we could just lynch him tomorrow instead of relying on the Vig to shoot him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Necrominus wrote: »
    I say queen because he was uber confident a seer would see him as good earlier. Could be bluster... but...

I think queen. And it would explain the erratic play as he can't die from the first hit

but an evil, especially the quenn wouldnt play so erratically

• Advertisement

Oh agree here. I'd say Queen as the Recruiter wouldn't risk it, but who knows??? But Mahama's point about PJ voting to save himself in the lynch does seem to rule out Q, and therefore it does mean that we could just lynch him tomorrow instead of relying on the Vig to shoot him.

If PJ is the Queen we need to use a shot on him beforehand to soften him up for the lynch though. Not like you to forget these rules QB....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Those who voted not to lynch are who id like to hear from.

It be in the wolves benefit not to lynch, keeps them at full strenght and closer to recruiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

How do we force the wolves to do anything?

If PJ is not bad and they think he is Q and we vote to lynch him right now (for tomorrow), they have to kill him. We don't need to waste a bullet and PJ dies tomorrow one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Also if PJ is a goodie, and not a wolf, then wolves may push for the death of pj too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Why would a rolled villager claim Q to stay alive with their very first post though :confused: whatever about doing that a few days down the line, doing it now just drags attention to yourself.
    It's one of the scenarios I thought of, but the least likely one. Seems like an odd strategy for a rolled player to take day 1. Now a NRV on the other hand...
    What would your FFA have been??
    I did my FFA when I finally got online, after catching up. (#981) Straws, Vale and BJ.
    Actually, a really good point!

But I'm not thanking your post because of your last paragraph :)

Sorry QB, you've just been pinging me wrong all day. Why did you single out Mick for the no lynch when plenty of others were down for it? Then you added trit even though he was *for* the lynch. Trit wasn't the only one to name a goodie list, so why single him out? Agree with you on the PJ part though.

• Advertisement

but an evil, especially the quenn wouldnt play so erratically

Maybe. But. The Recruiter is actually the more important wolf. If the wolves can get him to night 3 they get an extra wolf so it may have been chucked around as it would waste a couple of attempts at hitting the recruiter by taking a while to knobble the queen.

If PJ is the Queen we need to use a shot on him beforehand to soften him up for the lynch though. Not like you to forget these rules QB....:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I forget nothing!!!!

(Well, almost nothing).

But it'd make a lot more sense to start with the lynch and if he's Queen finish him off with the bullet, than attack with a bullet first and potentially waste it in case he's not Queen.

Drumpot wrote: »
    If PJ is not bad and they think he is Q and we vote to lynch him right now (for tomorrow), they have to kill him. We don't need to waste a bullet and PJ dies tomorrow one way or another.

No they don't.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Those who voted not to lynch are who id like to hear from.

It be in the wolves benefit not to lynch, keeps them at full strenght and closer to recruiting.

No, read a lot of other werewolf boards games and not lynching night one is a very standard tactic and not seen as advantageous to Wolves at all.

Tell me, how does a villager like mick being dead help the village more than the Wolves?

I forget nothing!!!!

(Well, almost nothing).

But it'd make a lot more sense to start with the lynch and if he's Queen finish him off with the bullet, than attack with a bullet first and potentially waste it in case he's not Queen.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure I'm liking this QB... first you want a trial and a shot before 10am... now you want a lynch before a shot...??

I'm getting skeptical of your intentions at the moment

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Also if PJ is a goodie, and not a wolf, then wolves may push for the death of pj too.

Why would they? I'm sure they're loving all the confusion it's causing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Jayop wrote: »
    I didn't do one Digi because I'd only really speed read from the kill this morning so I'd have been copying what other people had said rather than my own views. I was away all weekend and had a brutal hangover today. Reading back carefully wasn't on the cards.

I know, but what is it now?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Just to play the scenario through, what if they don't? It leaves the Pj issue hanging over us all day again tomorrow....

Just to play the scenario through, what if they don't? It leaves the Pj issue hanging over us all day again tomorrow....
    Thank you Lord. This is my concern. If we don't shoot the pj and the wolves don't munch him, we'll have the "is he isn't he" q thing all day again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

sullivlo wrote: »
    Bandwagony. Nice word. Did you and your wolf buddies discuss it in your backroom? Mick trying to orchestrate a village no-lynch was a silly idea, and lots of others picked up on it. Yet I get called bandwagony for putting it as a reason in my FFA?
    sullivlo wrote: »
    We get maha to exercise her power as the queen of the wolves and say "Munch the jungle of parties, let us feast on his blood"
    Nope, I made up that word all by myself! :p Some nice tit-for-tat (or should it be tit-for-tit :pac:) words from you there though, how very defensive of you. Mick wasn't the only one pushing for a non-lynch, so why jump on him?
    I have PJ down as erratic and sus, but I just don't see the difference between killing him tonight or tomorrow after the lynch. Why not just accept he is going to be shot (unless he gives some reasonable response) after tomorrows lynch and see if we get anything between now and then . .

In fact, why don't we all choose to lynch PJ tomorrow and force the wolves to munch him in case he is Q?
    Thinking about this, and the scenario I had in mind earlier, why don't we split the difference and shoot him tomorrow morning after munch?

Yep. The shot needs to happen. No point wasting a day dealing with this. If PJ doesn't die, we've hit the queen. If he dies and is good... well... live by the sword die by the sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you were a wolf, would you call that bluff?

Necrominus 213
    The_Valeyard 69
    y0ssar1an22 65
    patrickSTARR 65
    MicksJaguar 59
    beakerjoe 57
    quickbeam 56
    Lord TSC 47
    Kolido 45
    Barney92 45
    Drumpot 40
    Strawberry Milkshake 37
    robyntmorton 35
    sKeith 33
    sullivlo 31
    partyjungle 29
    Guffy 29
    MrsFlushdraw 26
    Digital Solitude 25
    mahamageehad 23
    tritium 21
    Pter 20
    crosstownk 16
    Jayop 14
    WerewolfGM 11
    Ectoplasm 11
    Mollyb60 2
    Uriel. 1
    grumpylumpy 1

I dunno. I'll have a proper read tomorrow and will have a better opinion on everyone.

The best three that I'd have now are kolido, PJ and Patrick.

Nope, I made up that word all by myself! :p Some nice tit-for-tat (or should it be tit-for-tit :pac:) words from you there though, how very defensive of you. Mick wasn't the only one pushing for a non-lynch, so why jump on him?

Thinking about this, and the scenario I had in mind earlier, why don't we split the difference and shoot him tomorrow morning after munch?

I found him irresistible after he learned how to post a gif.

Hmmm.... I'm not sure I'm liking this QB... first you want a trial and a shot before 10am... now you want a lynch before a shot...??

I'm getting skeptical of your intentions at the moment

I proposed a trial before Mahama made the point about PJ voting to save himself. Now I think we wait and see. Lynch or lynch+bullet is the way to go. Say he is a goodie (rolled or not), or a non-Queen baddie, why would you want to waste a bullet on him, when a lynch would do the job? If he is the Queen then we'll know for sure after the lynch and finish him with the bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It doesn't if we have already decided and voted to lynch him.

I don't care if he is killed at this stage, I just don't think wasting a bullet this early is wise. He is on our radar and we know hes dodgy as f**k and not going anywhere.

Necrominus 213

Ah Jaysus. I need to slow down:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I proposed a trial before Mahama made the point about PJ voting to save himself. Now I think we wait and see. Lynch or lynch+bullet is the way to go. Say he is a goodie (rolled or not), or a non-Queen baddie, why would you want to waste a bullet on him, when a lynch would do the job? If he is the Queen then we'll know for sure after the lynch and finish him with the bullet.

I just want him shot to be honest so we know one way or another.

Advertisement