Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

If youwere a wolf, would you call that bluff?

Harsh words from digi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

sullivlo wrote: »
    I found him irresistible after he learned how to post a gif.

I didn't know such skills are what the modern lady looks for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Jayop wrote: »
    No, read a lot of other werewolf boards games and not lynching night one is a very standard tactic and not seen as advantageous to Wolves at all.

Tell me, how does a villager like mick being dead help the village more than the Wolves?

Well, you know this game better than me. I only know it here. But that surprises me. For me a no-lynch is a waste of an opportunity to kill a wolf, even if you miss. As somebody else pointed out already, chances are in a lynch you'll miss more often than you hit anyway, but always worth the chance to take the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭Guffy

On grumpy. He was in my fa and the summary sums his role up pretty well. "Hi, not reading, bye". I think he's a red shirt and will be mod killed tomorrow so no point wasting our attention on him.

Will have a read through post lynch after work

Jayop wrote: »
    I didn't know such skills are what the modern lady looks for.

e993a307f122c1f3d7f89a2e1183f28cb8e631ce.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

quickbeam wrote: »
    Well, you know this game better than me. I only know it here. But that surprises me. For me a no-lynch is a waste of an opportunity to kill a wolf, even if you miss. As somebody else pointed out already, chances are in a lynch you'll miss more often than you hit anyway, but always worth the chance to take the shot.

Imagine this was actually real and you found a person in your village dead in the morning, do you think it would be a good idea to start hanging people immediately or would you hope to gather some evidence first

Really this is a better discussion to have out side the game thread.

Necrominus wrote: »
    I just want him shot to be honest so we know one way or another.

Well, I'd like to know sooner rather than later too. But logic would dictate we save the bullet until we know for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

y0sser, you didn't do an FFA, why did you vote for Sulli?

Well, I'd like to know sooner rather than later too. But logic would dictate we save the bullet until we know for sure.

giphy.gif

y0sser, you didn't do an FFA, why did you vote for Sulli?
    He seemed to take a turn against me for no real reason. He said it was because I bandwagoned someone, but then corrected himself but still voted for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

If you were a wolf, would you call that bluff?

Depends on how ambitious I was . . I am just saying, whether Party dies tonight or tomorrow, we can at least make them sweat . .

If Party is a baddy, what benefit is it to the wolves for him to survive until after the munch . .

I am a risk taker and would be all for the village voting for party now and leaving it to the wolves to mop up our mess (if that's what it is). Why would a villager claim Q unless they wanted to be shot or munched? It means they don't want to be lynched or they want to cause confusion or have some elaborate plan that I cant work out. .

Similar Q to Strawberry, you didn't have y0sser in your FFA, so why did you vote for him?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Depends on how ambitious I was . . I am just saying, whether Party dies tonight or tomorrow, we can at least make them sweat . .

If Party is a baddy, what benefit is it to the wolves for him to survive until after the munch . .

I am a risk taker and would be all for the village voting for party now and leaving it to the wolves to mop up our mess (if that's what it is). Why would a villager claim Q unless they wanted to be shot or munched? It means they don't want to be lynched or they want to cause confusion or have some elaborate plan that I cant work out. .

CCTV from PJ's gaf:

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If you're a risk taker then you should be advocating the shot. Then, we'll know.

What do we learn from not Lynching anybody ? Nothing . . The risk now is way lower then it will be in a few days.

Some crew members can see patterns that hint at wolfy stuff before/during and after Lynchs. But with no Lynch it becomes a quiet night where we just wait for another villager to be skinned in the morning.

I am conscious that its in Q's interest that we always have a Lynch, but I think that becomes a problem later on when the odds are more in his favour. He needs only cosy up to a wolf and look dodgy after awhile so now we are more likely to get a wolf or villager who wouldn't be as risky as it will be in a few days.

Drumpot, you said this earlier, then went and voted for no lynch. What changed?

Sorry QB, you've just been pinging me wrong all day. Why did you single out Mick for the no lynch when plenty of others were down for it? Then you added trit even though he was *for* the lynch. Trit wasn't the only one to name a goodie list, so why single him out? Agree with you on the PJ part though.

Because Mick had the double scenario of both jumping on Barney's idea, and, even when Barney abandoned the idea, still persisting with the no-lynch idea. I don't believe anyone else did both those things. If they did, I missed it as I was AFK a lot of the day and had a lot of reading when I got back.

In hindsight, Yoss was a better option than Trit for my FFA, but when you're asked to come up with three, you scan the players and try to remember what stood out about them and Trit's good list (mick, guffy and pj) looked very contrived considering it was so early in the game, and two of those ended up in the top two in an FFA so weird for him to clear them so soon. But Trit's anti no-vote stance meant that he might have made my FFA but he was never (probably) going to make my lynch vote that night anyway.

Necrominus wrote: »
    If you're a risk taker then you should be advocating the shot. Then, we'll know.

I'm talking about risking the entire game (on PJ being Q) , not taking out one crewmember . . ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Why would the village vote PJ if we think he's Q? I would never ever bite that if playing as a wolf. They have the upper hand in this game, there aren't negotiations or forced positions we can put them in, imo.

sullivlo wrote: »
    CCTV from PJ's gaf:

He has gone suspiciously quiet alright!!

Why would the village vote PJ if we think he's Q? I would never ever bite that if playing as a wolf. They have the upper hand in this game, there aren't negotiations or forced positions we can put them in, imo.

Do we still think he's Q though? I'm sorta convinced he's not now.

• Advertisement

Because Mick had the double scenario of both jumping on Barney's idea, and, even when Barney abandoned the idea, still persisting with the no-lynch idea. I don't believe anyone else did both those things. If they did, I missed it as I was AFK a lot of the day and had a lot of reading when I got back.

In hindsight, Yoss was a better option than Trit for my FFA, but when you're asked to come up with three, you scan the players and try to remember what stood out about them and Trit's good list (mick, guffy and pj) looked very contrived considering it was so early in the game, and two of those ended up in the top two in an FFA so weird for him to clear them so soon. But Trit's anti no-vote stance meant that he might have made my FFA but he was never (probably) going to make my lynch vote that night anyway.

Funnily enough that's exactly what I did with Mick. I put him forward on my FFA with little to no intention of voting for him. Particularly when he was so adamant about the no-lynch thing. The only person on my FFA I was ever voting for was PJ. I didn't have enough evidence for anyone else to solidly vote for them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Drumpot, I feel your plan is working on the assumption people can't change their votes once registered. Since they can, it's basically a bluff to say "make a mess and leave them to clean it up"....

Drumpot, you said this earlier, then went and voted for no lynch. What changed?

I got the vote time wrong (again) and thought I had until 10 to vote. I voted at 6.30 because I didn't have a target at that time (that I stated in a post but was afraid of missing the vote (in another universe I got a severe reprimand for missing a vote). I was reading posts casually at 9.10 thinking I had 50 mins to choose a target (that would of been PJ most likely) and got it wrong.

I wanted us to vote tonight and didn't see the benefit of publically asking for a vote only to try and "hide" in no lynch's.

The only note I had on Mick was that he foolishly (in my view) agreed with Barney's suggestion of a no vote. But he wasn't even on my radar to be honest . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I'm very bloody confused

I still think there's a chance, balls to the wall is a solid tactic imo. Double bluff to make him look Wolfy, therefore lynchable. That's a game plan I would consider as Q.

Let's just say he is Q.
    There is absolutely no reason for the wolves to attack him. None.
    Yes, they need him dead to win. That doesn't need to happen til the end though.
    They would keep him alive to cause havoc, while steering the evening vote away from him, and slyly convincing us to not shoot him. Creates a nice smoke screen for them.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Drumpot, I feel your plan is working on the assumption people can't change their votes once registered. Since they can, it's basically a bluff to say "make a mess and leave them to clean it up"....

Its not working on any assumption other then we vote for Party for tomorrows lynch and move on talking about other things until we lose another member in the morning .

You know the episode of friends where they all find out about Monica and chandler? They don't know that we know that they know that we know.

Well I'm having that kind of narrative in my head about pj/q. Is he calling our bluff? Did he panic and vote mick to gain some credibility with the village? Or did I just have too much coffee today?

Let's just say he is Q. There is absolutely no reason for the wolves to attack him. None. Yes, they need him dead to win. That doesn't need to happen til the end though. They would keep him alive to cause havoc, while steering the evening vote away from him, and slyly convincing us to not shoot him. Creates a nice smoke screen for them.

Yep. Agree with this. The shot needs to happen so we can move onwards. We have 5 wolves to find and kill.

Let's just say he is Q.
    They would keep him alive to cause havoc, while steering the evening vote away from him, and slyly convincing us to not shoot him. Creates a nice smoke screen for them.

Unless they think the village has the stones (or idiocy) to go through with their threat . . Remember, our shooters can sit on the sidelines and let it happen .

I think we just vote pj and say f**k it.

• Advertisement

Let's just say he is Q.

Oh no they don't!

Which means your point about them having no reason to attack him even stronger.

Advertisement