Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drumpot wrote: »
    Unless they think the village has the stones (or idiocy) to go through with their threat . . Remember, our shooters can sit on the sidelines and let it happen .

I think we just vote pj and say f**k it.

And waste all of tomorrow on a certainty? Nope. Not on board with this at all. Shoot PJ and we might be able to look at other things tomorrow.

IE - the Mick voters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Necrominus wrote: »
    Funnily enough that's exactly what I did with Mick. I put him forward on my FFA with little to no intention of voting for him. Particularly when he was so adamant about the no-lynch thing. The only person on my FFA I was ever voting for was PJ. I didn't have enough evidence for anyone else to solidly vote for them.

I would advocate not putting someone on your FFA that you're not really suspicious of. I think putting forward only 1 name you're suss of is better than adding 2 random picks from the air.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I would advocate not putting someone on your FFA that you're not really suspicious of. I think putting forward only 1 name you're suss of is better than adding 2 random picks from the air.

Well, you can be suspicious of somebody enough to have them on your FFA even if you've no intention of voting for them. Three on an FFA, only one on a lynch vote, so there's always going to be at least one you're more sure of than others.

It wasn't a random pick from the air. I had my doubts about Mick but not for the reasons of no lynch. I've mentioned this already.

I'm also very unsure about QB's loyalties still. There's a lot of to-ing and fro-ing going on re: PJ at the moment that I'm not liking.

Yep. Agree with this. The shot needs to happen so we can move onwards. We have 5 wolves to find and kill.
    I think the shot should wait until after munch tomorrow. There's no harm, and we don't lose a day. There's no rush.
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Oh no they don't!

Which means your point about them having no reason to attack him even stronger.
    Ah you're right, I assumed he'd have to be killed but rereading rules makes it look like he counts as a villager for parity. Interesting.

• Advertisement

And... just to add. That 'Wolf Lean' tactic? Is doing the exact same thing as plucking random names from a hat.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Well, you can be suspicious of somebody enough to have them on your FFA even if you've no intention of voting for them. Three on an FFA, only one on a lynch vote, so there's always going to be at least one you're more sure of than others.
    It wasn't a random pick from the air. I had my doubts about Mick but not for the reasons of no lynch. I've mentioned this already.

I'm also very unsure about QB's loyalties still. There's a lot of to-ing and fro-ing going on re: PJ at the moment that I'm not liking.

Fair enough on both points. Ok, nightey night village, hopefully see you all tomorrow!

Similar Q to Strawberry, you didn't have y0sser in your FFA, so why did you vote for him?

Because he was one of the 3 we were to choose from mamma. As per the rules of FFA.

Mick was very quiet which was unlike him. Perhaps he was a roled player trying out a new strategy.
    PJ was too risky a move and I have this little niggle that I can't shake off right now saying he is good.
    Yoss got my vote by process of elimination.

And... just to add. That 'Wolf Lean' tactic? Is doing the exact same thing as plucking random names from a hat.

It wasn't meant as a serious criticism, just wanted to point out that Mick won the FFA by quite a few and maybe people weren't as serious about him as others. Have we ever considered a weighted FFA? Now, off to bed for reals!

I'm so paranoid right now I trust absolutely nobody but myself. Off to bed myself now to re-energise for the morrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

It wasn't meant as a serious criticism, just wanted to point out that Mick won the FFA by quite a few and maybe people weren't as serious about him as others. Have we ever considered a weighted FFA? Now, off to bed for reals!

A weighted FFA? Giving more points to people put at the top of lists? Put surely that would sort of undermine the point of the FFA in a way. Wolves would be pretty sure who everyone would vote for. If you have to rank them 1-3 and that ranking actually means something you will put the person you are going to vote for as 1. Then wolves can pretty much work out who is going to get voted for.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Not really.

Initially proposed a trial (which most people promptly ignored anyway) as I though he was Q.

Then Mahama had me convinced he probably wasn't Q. It'd be more sus for me to stick by my guns against a compelling argument, tbh.

Since then I've been pretty consistent in not shooting him.

I personally can't think of a reason why a goodie would claim Q, so I'm thinking most likely he's a baddie. I think shooting him before tomorrow's lynch will be a waste of a bullet. We can use it if he turns out to be Queen, but no point if he's not. The only advantage of using the bullet earlier is that it gets rid of him as a distraction (if he's not the Queen), but I think saving the bullet is more important.

But hey, it's the Vig's choice at the end of the day. Vig will have the village's best interests at heart so whatever he decides is fine by me. I just personally think it's better to wait.

Necro, I think you're a goodie too*, and your suggestions are your opinion on what's best for the village. Just because we have a different opinion on the use of our resources doesn't mean we're on opposite sides.

*Well, a neutral anyway, I'm still not going to put anyone on the definitive good side.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Last thought before I hit my pillow.

The PJ situation needs resolving before we do anything tomorrow. Either through a wolf munch or through a shooting, I don't think we should be letting that cloud hang over our head all day.

On a personal note, I'd be curious as to why Patrick, who called heavily for the FFA all day today, then ignored it and voted for me. Why promote that idea so strongly, only to ignore the results? That can be aimed at a few people too, though I haven't had a chance to see what way others lined up. Someone mentioned earlier, it defeats the purpose of FFAs if they get ignored by some people.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. If I dream of clowns, I'm coming for some of ye in the morning :(

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

And waste all of tomorrow on a certainty? Nope. Not on board with this at all. Shoot PJ and we might be able to look at other things tomorrow.

IE - the Mick voters.

As a non Mick voter. Its a bad idea. Maybe a wolf one.

PJ was as easy to jump on as mick was, so thats 4 more people we should look at so. Plus the lads and ladys who voted for no lynch too.

So basically thats a lot to pluck a name for.

I still dont like your attempt to lead the village, you and lord are still on my naughty list. Maybe the wolves, you and lord and others, all went with voting for someone else besides Mick.

And I flipped a coin on lord and necro, for thos wondering. Lord got my vote. Both seem wolfy to me

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Last thought before I hit my pillow.

The PJ situation needs resolving before we do anything tomorrow. Either through a wolf munch or through a shooting, I don't think we should be letting that cloud hang over our head all day.

On a personal note, I'd be curious as to why Patrick, who called heavily for the FFA all day today, then ignored it and voted for me. Why promote that idea so strongly, only to ignore the results? That can be aimed at a few people too, though I haven't had a chance to see what way others lined up. Someone mentioned earlier, it defeats the purpose of FFAs if they get ignored by some people.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. If I dream of clowns, I'm coming for some of ye in the morning :(

I don't believe in killing men.I think are innocent. So I voted for you ya wolf

quickbeam wrote:
    I personally can't think of a reason why a goodie would claim Q, so I'm thinking most likely he's a baddie. I think shooting him before tomorrow's lynch will be a waste of a bullet. We can use it if he turns out to be Queen, but no point if he's not. The only advantage of using the bullet earlier is that it gets rid of him as a distraction (if he's not the Queen), but I think saving the bullet is more important.

But don't you see that this will dominate discussion tomorrow if it isn't resolved? We have 5 wolves to catch and kill and wasting an entire day on this is only giving wolves more places to hide.
    No data from a lynch vote. Probably no FFAs either. Given we've already lost one villager (probably) to a lynch, one to a munch and another tomorrow morning, this is giving the wolves a serious leg up. The clock is ticking on the recruiter too.
    quickbeam wrote:
    Necro, I think you're a goodie too*, and your suggestions are your opinion on what's best for the village. Just because we have a different opinion on the use of our resources doesn't mean we're on opposite sides.

It's not the difference of opinion that has me concerned. I'm quite happy to take different viewpoints on board. There's a couple of things that seem off about you and I can't quite figure out why or shake this feeling about you not batting for team village this time out.

* I know I'm good by the way :P

I still dont like your attempt to lead the village, you and lord are still on my naughty list. Maybe the wolves, you and lord and others, all went with voting for someone else besides Mick.

Pfft. Please. I'm not trying to lead the village at all. Necro trying to lead doesn't tend to work out so well. I'm merely putting across my viewpoints.

Or are you just picking on the fact that I'm a high poster again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

Captains Log Stardate 47451.6

1af74x.jpg

It is reported that PartyJungle was spending his downtime relaxing in Ten Forward with an (illegal) drink of Antaran Brandy when a shadowy figure emerged from behind a bulkhead gripping a phaser. A Pew Pew noise rang out throughout the bar and PartyJungle slumped over the table, the beautiful ruby red brandy spilled on the floor.

This unknown assailant has not been identified however I have instructed our security team to investigate this fully and make a report to me at that time. I have also instructed the team to investigate the infiltration of illegal liquor.

PJ was
    good
    thane-barnier-mace-2016-presentation-33-638.jpg?cb=1462817460

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I'm so paranoid right now I trust absolutely nobody but myself. Off to bed myself now to re-energise for the morrow.
    Pfft. Please. I'm not trying to lead the village at all. Necro trying to lead doesn't tend to work out so well. I'm merely putting across my viewpoints.

8d79c7902b36e703f6a98dc742a2745a--sleeping-quotes-sleeping-songs.jpg

• Advertisement

Its like catchphrase....... I say what I see.

Your pushing shooting pj, what if hes not a wolf and a villager? You seem very eager to kill him

You still look anything but wolfy to me

I say hold our bullets for now. No rush to kill anyone.

I don't believe in killing men.I think are innocent. So I voted for you ya wolf

You didn't answer my issue btw. You spent hours pushing for aN FFA, you were the first to list three names, and then you utterly ignored the result to instead vote for someone who only had one vote. It's a bit of a hypocritical moment, and an inconsistency between what you say and how you're acting. Why push for a decision and then utterly ignore it?

I'm going to bed now. Or at least I was! What in the name of Jebus is going on??

Well, that's that issue solved anyway...

So Necro, you got your wish.

If your a wolf, well played.

But if your not, then you possibly killed a goodie.

Your pushing shooting pj, what if hes not a wolf and a villager? You seem very eager to kill him

You still look anything but wolfy to me

He was dead anyways. Dragging it out was only delaying the inevitable.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    You didn't answer my issue btw. You spent hours pushing for aN FFA, you were the first to list three names, and then you utterly ignored the result to instead vote for someone who only had one vote. It's a bit of a hypocritical moment, and an inconsistency between what you say and how you're acting. Why push for a decision and then utterly ignore it?

Pipe down wolf.

Maybe I.want to see who sussed who.

I had you on my ffa, I dont wanna be accused of being a wolfy bandwagoner like necro seems to be pushing.

I went with my gut. If I die..... people can follow my crumbs to necro and you

So Necro, you got your wish.

Hang on now just a sec there. I wasn't the only advocate for this course of action. I'm not the sole authority of the group or anything.

Why are you laying this solely at my feet?

I'm going to bed now. Or at least I was! What in the name of Jebus is going on??

Why are you shocked? Very odd seeing as you pushed this pj shooting all night

• Advertisement

Hang on now just a sec there. I wasn't the only advocate for this course of action. I'm not the sole authority of the group or anything.

Why are you laying this solely at my feet?

I.didnt say you did. Did I ? But I do suspect you and lord tsc

Advertisement