Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

the simple explantion works for me, he was q. q reveals as good when dead. somehow he thought that was a winning strategy, but did not think it through fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

Drumpot wrote: »
    Is there any chance pj was given something by the shaman that made him post crazy? Would explain the illogical position he took.

Not that early. Only after lynch and tonight was the first. Pj's evasiveness all day was very peculiar.

Sigh the effort of reading all that only to find out he was shot. I thought a fair few of us had come to the assumption that he wasn't q just before the lynch. If not why did you vote for him (necro)? Also maha had given a fairly good reason as to why pj wasnt q. Premature shot by the looks of it. Not the vigs fault btw, there was a lot of pressure to act there.

Its very frustrating to read the results and see that the ffa was completely ignored. Here i am trying to put 3 people up and give reasons rather than saying gut and then half just ignore it.

Mainly curious on pstar with that one, because of the non ffa voters i know you definitely posted one. In fact you even pushed it the most. You were first in and i believe you repeatedly asked for ffas. Why suggest an ffa if you were going to ignore the results anyway?

Sulli i am a little suspicious of you at the moment. You voted for mick, when a band wagon appeared for pj you were keen to jump on it? Then you didn't vote for pj and called for him to be shot tonight. This is a little worrying.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Guffy wrote:
    Sigh the effort of reading all that only to find out he was shot. I thought a fair few of us had come to the assumption that he wasn't q just before the lynch. If not why did you vote for him (necro)? Also maha had given a fairly good reason as to why pj wasnt q. Premature shot by the looks of it. Not the vigs fault btw, there was a lot of pressure to act there.

??? I voted for him (PJ) cos I thought he was a wolf masquerading as Q. Clearly I was wrong but so we're a fair few of us last night let's be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

tritium wrote: »
    I could be wrong here but I understood Q counts as village and wolves can win with Q still alive. Is that incorrect?
    You're right, QB clarified this a few posts after mine, I hadn't read through that part of the rules and just assumed that it was SK-like rules - that they had to kill him and achieve parity. Hands up, I was wrong.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Despite the point that mahama, I think, made about pj not being q there is a chance he was q. Hopefully at least, we shall see. Unlikely but who knows.

I ain't too disappointed he's been shot, because as necro said I think a lot of discussion tomorrow would've been about him. And even if we thought he was guilty there would've been doubt over lynching him. I thought he was evil and was wrong, but don't take it too badly shooter mcgavin, you may have gotten q.
    Earlier I wrote that there was 2 reasons I could see a villager claiming Q, one more unlikely than the other. The first (and unlikely one imo) is that he was a rolled character trying to protect himself. It would be a bizarre play, and not what I think happened here.

The second was that he was playing a sacrificial lamb as a NRV. So basically trying to bait the wolves into eating him, thus potentially saving a rolled villager. That's what I think was happening, hence why I put him on my village leans earlier yesterday, twas the only thing that made sense to me. That's why I was advocating waiting until after munch to shoot him. Obv I didn't want to point this reason out on thread until after the munch in case I alerted the wolves to it.

Now, there is always the chance that he was Q. Literally no-one except him and the mods (and the deadroom) know that. In that case, fair enough. Without further info though I think we should act as if Q is still alive and be suspicious of people trying to get themselves lynched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

^^^^ I think regardless we have to play as if Q is still around. However can we please not make him the focus of the days conversation? Assuming he's not dead we're three villagers down after yesterday with a munch to come so it would be great if we could do some wolf hunting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Guffy wrote: »
    Not that early. Only after lynch and tonight was the first. Pj's evasiveness all day was very peculiar.

Its very frustrating to read the results and see that the ffa was completely ignored. Here i am trying to put 3 people up and give reasons rather than saying gut and then half just ignore it.

Mainly curious on pstar with that one, because of the non ffa voters i know you definitely posted one. In fact you even pushed it the most. You were first in and i believe you repeatedly asked for ffas. Why suggest an ffa if you were going to ignore the results anyway?

Sulli i am a little suspicious of you at the moment. You voted for mick, when a band wagon appeared for pj you were keen to jump on it? Then you didn't vote for pj and called for him to be shot tonight. This is a little worrying.

Morning.

I suggested an ffa because I wanted to see others supposed suspicions. I was always voting for necro or lord tsc.

I had no intention of using the ffa results to sway my vote esp when I dont think mick was bad,

^^^^ I think regardless we have to play as if Q is still around. However can we please not make him the focus of the days conversation? Assuming he's not dead we're three villagers down after yesterday with a munch to come so it would be great if we could do some wolf hunting

Look at necro and lord, they are in cohoots I tells yas

Necro and Lord seemed to feel the need to defend eachother yesterday morning when I was rattling cages, ask yourselves why.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Morning.

I suggested an ffa because I wanted to see others supposed suspicions. I was always voting for necro or lord tsc.

I had no intention of using the ffa results to sway my vote esp when I dont think mick was bad,

So if you didn't think mick was bad, why did you not try to defend him?

Exactly my point, we'll never know if we have him or not, so for now let's just assume the worst and that all dead goodies were simply goodies. Let's keep an eye out for anyone being especially suspicious and trying to get lynched, but focus on wolves.

I'd like to hear more from the lower posters today, feels like a handful of people dominating the conversation in here.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    So if you didn't think mick was bad, why did you not try to defend him?

Mick can defend himself.

And it was only a feeling, not worth sticking mu neck out for considering I could be wrong.

Necro and Lord seemed to feel the need to defend eachother yesterday morning when I was rattling cages, ask yourselves why.....

:rolleyes: is this going to be an all day thing? Cos I don't have the energy to argue about this anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Exactly my point, we'll never know if we have him or not, so for now let's just assume the worst and that all dead goodies were simply goodies. Let's keep an eye out for anyone being especially suspicious and trying to get lynched, but focus on wolves.

I'd like to hear more from the lower posters today, feels like a handful of people dominating the conversation in here.

As one of the lower posters I'd agree that a handful are dominating but that's always going to be the case with different levels of access. I've previously been able to be on fairly constantly but now when I'm coming on it feels like others have said what I'm thinking and posting for the sake of it seems pointless and looks suss.

Fwiw, I don't think Mick was Q, never did. I'm really hoping it was PJ but kinda doubt it. I think the only way to play as a village is to ignore Q unless someone is really obviously trying to get lynched but there's a danger in that too.

I'm going to do some reading back and see if I can spot anything before the munch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

sKeith wrote: »
    see underlined.

Alpha wolf - Borg Queen
    Borg Queen appears as good to all seer checks. Will appear as her real self to the doctor once dead however. She is really hard to kill, so there needs to be 2 kill actions (lynch / bullet / berserker attack). Will appear as bad alignment on death.

You are of course correct. I was confusing the seer check and the reveal. We can only hope pj was q. I agree with trit though, we can't make today all about q.

Barney92 wrote:
    You are of course correct. I was confusing the seer check and the reveal. We can only hope pj was q. I agree with trit though, we can't make today all about q.

Agreed. Usually we can come to some sort of strategic agreement re: the lynch but FFA aren't going to work if people vote outside of the top 3. I'm not going to force the issue but I'd be hard pushed to agree to an FFA if PSTARR (for example, there are others) are just going to contravene the purpose of an FFA to vote for whoever they like.

So maybe FFAs aren't going to work. What's the plan now?

I'm looking amongst the Mick voters and the lower posters tbh. That's my plan anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Necrominus wrote: »
    Agreed. Usually we can come to some sort of strategic agreement re: the lynch but FFA aren't going to work if people vote outside of the top 3. I'm not going to force the issue but I'd be hard pushed to agree to an FFA if PSTARR (for example, there are others) are just going to contravene the purpose of an FFA to vote for whoever they like.

I'm looking amongst the Mick voters and the lower posters tbh. That's my plan anyways

FFAs are grand, but people should vote for who the want. i think someone questioned me earlier on why i voted for sully? if they can repost the question i will answer it.

and rip pj. odd game you played. it was probably for the best you got the deadener

FFAs are grand, but people should vote for who the want. i think someone questioned me earlier on why i voted for sully? if they can repost the question i will answer it.

Not gone on that to be honest if that's the case it's as well to have a blind vote.
    To be honest I think I'll just say who I'm voting for tonight and leave it at that.

:rolleyes: is this going to be an all day thing? Cos I don't have the energy to argue about this anymore.

Put yourself in my shoes, if you thought I was a wolf, would you let me get away with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Not gone on that to be honest if that's the case it's as well to have a blind vote.
    To be honest I think I'll just say who I'm voting for tonight and leave it at that.

well perhaps people should give their reasons for not voting 1 of the 3 on the FFA.
    but what i think we should focus is is why certain people were on peoples FFA.

most had mick and PJ (god speed guys) and they were proven good.

and rip pj. odd game you played. it was probably for the best you got the deadener

It was me, here's the quote:
    y0sser, you didn't do an FFA, why did you vote for Sulli?

• Advertisement

Ah the wolf has a plan. You and Lord don't seem as pally since I called you out for being buddies.

Lets say your good for a second, the mick voters aren't the only ones you should be looking at, what about the PJ voters too, also the not lynching voters.

I don't trust the no lynch voters, they don't shade anyone but they let others do the durty work and implicate themselves in the process.

The non lynchers should be the priority

Put yourself in my shoes, if you thought I was a wolf, would you let me get away with it?

I tell you what. If you're that certain that I'm a wolf then get the vig to shoot me. I've argued my case. I'm not wasting any more energy on a lost cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Morning crew.

I've been going through multiple scenarios in my head, some which have been clarified since last night.

1. if Mick or PJ were Q, I think it is more likely to have been PJ, so shooting him was better that lynching.

2. I think there is a good chance PJ was Q, I can't think of any reason why villager would claim the role in there first post. I would believe more Q would do it to cause confusion.

3. Remember though, Q has to be lynched to win the game. If there is another high suspect, then just don't lynch him or shoot him. He counts as a villager. As a village, we are under no obligation to kill Q at all. Wolves possibly more so when it come near the end.

4. Our best strategy now is to focus on wolves, hopefully the seer has identified at least one already. Remember wolves know who is good, village don't know who is bad.

5. Need to hold fire on the bullets untill we are sure we have a wolf.

Ah the wolf has a plan. You and Lord don't seem as pally since I called you out for being buddies.

I'm bored of this now. Lynch me or shoot me if you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Morning fellers. Modulators spanked me something rotten for not voting. I've no good reason. I'm disorganised and I fell asleep. Pter does not hold back.

Who's targetting the low poster? Come at me bros

Also I think it needs saying the I love Uriel; everything about him from his flowing armpit hair to his very reasonable johnson just rubs me up the right way. Ladies, amirite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

quickbeam wrote: »
    Right, all caught up after a day AFK.

I'm hugely suprised at the support for no lynch on here. It's a ridiculous idea. I'd nearly be sure that anyone advocating it is wolf, though there are more than 5 on that list so they can't ALL be wolf. I'd hazard that at least some of them are.

I'll be voting for somebody. Just not sure yet.

You may be right, but that was not my reasoning. I just didn't have anyone in my sights and had to run.
    Kolido wrote: »
    If the no lynch is for a fear of hitting q then its rediculas. We wont know if q was lynched, shot, or munched until the game is over. He will be hanging over our choices the whole game.

I will be voting for someone tonight.

#FFA

Mick - mainly for pushing to no lynch agenda, both earlier today and still now
    Strawbs - suggested using bullets early on
    Flushy - same as strawbs

Clutching at straws M8. I never said we needed to use bullets.
    Speaking of Flushy, she was a little too happy and quick to toss her name down into the 'No Lynch' pile....

I was kind of referencing where I was going tonight... and as I said above, I didnt have a target.

Sorry I didn't get back on last night, was out galavanting at a part of the starship with no communications.

I see we killed PJ, not sure what to make of that. Need to double check his role. I see some posting the Borg Queen shows evil on death, I just checked there and the Jester says..
    "Jester - Q
    Q, as always, is out for himself. He thrives on chaos and his purpose is to get himself lynched. If this happens, he wins the game. However the players will not find out until after the game has ended whether they lynched Q or not. Appears as good to both seer and priest and on his death. "

Would have been mental for a rolled villager or a NRV to claim Q as they knew they would be taken out surely? Let's hope we got him anyway.

@Patrick, just to widen the scope and make sure you're not tunnelling, could you give it a break on Necro and Lord for an hour or two and consider who else you find suspicious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Morning fellers. Modulators spanked me something rotten for not voting. I've no good reason. I'm disorganised and I fell asleep. Pter does not hold back.

Also I think it needs saying the I love Uriel; everything about him from his flowing armpit hair to his very reasonable johnson just rubs me up the right way. Ladies, amirite?

Have you been drinking Grumpy?

I did the same yosser, you should vote for you you think is guilty.

I suggested and used an FFA to get peoples reads, see who they suspect and why. I may play by my own rules, but I do it to catch wolves.

Lets say I went with the FFA, and voted Mick. Necro, by his narrow minded judgement, would be accussing me of being a wolf (like he is with other Mick Voters, who are all likely of voting for Mick because he looked the most wolfy rather than being wolves themselves.)

Id rather vote for who I think is most wolfy to me, hence why Lord Wolfestein got my vote.

• Advertisement

Would have been mental for a rolled villager or a NRV to claim Q as they knew they would be taken out surely? Let's hope we got him anyway.
    Unless he was trying to be a sacrificial lamb as I theorised above?

Boy are you right! ;)
    I'm not targeting low posters, I just said I'd like to hear a bit more from them. Pull up a pew. Tell me about that spanking. Are you all caught up? Who do you think is suspicious right now?

Advertisement