Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Ah listen, it's too early for this sh1te. I'm not arguing with P* all day about a point I discussed at length last night.
    It's pointless and it's detracting from the wolf hunt. They must be loving what is clearly (in my eyes) 2 villagers tearing strips off each other.

I haven't a read on Lord TSC as of yet, for clarity. He might be a wolf, he might not. All I know is I'm not so I'm not wasting my time on this anymore.
    Believe me or don't.

If you don't, lynch me.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

@Patrick, just to widen the scope and make sure you're not tunnelling, could you give it a break on Necro and Lord for an hour or two and consider who else you find suspicious?

No Lynch – 3 Votes (MrsFlushdraw, Drumpot, Jayop)

That's whom I also suspect. Why waste your vote when others are clearly voting. Its as bad as not voting.

Wolves could easily adopt this plan of not voting for anyone, if they don't vote they try to make themselves appear impartial while those who voted for the posters whom were up for lynch (Mick or PJ) get implicated as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Necrominus wrote: »
    Not gone on that to be honest if that's the case it's as well to have a blind vote.
    To be honest I think I'll just say who I'm voting for tonight and leave it at that.

Well, we learn very little from a blind vote tbh.
    I do think the FFA is useful in getting people to commit to a certain few names, and to be fair the top FFA suspect did get lynched so it does kinda work. A blind vote is a tad too dangerous imo because we could easily target good roles. It also lets the wolves away with not having to put forward an opinion or reason. Both you and QB seem to be pretty upset about how the vote/FFA went, any comment on why that is?

Lets say I went with the FFA, and voted Mick. Necro, by his narrow minded judgement, would be accussing me of being a wolf (like he is with other Mick Voters, who are all likely of voting for Mick because he looked the most wolfy rather than being wolves themselves.)

Last point on this. I find it highly amusing that you're accusing me of narrow mindedness when you've essentially attacked 2 posters since the start and done the sum total of **** all else until just now.

Pot - Kettle - Black.

Well, we learn very little from a blind vote tbh. I do think the FFA is useful in getting people to commit to a certain few names, and to be fair the top FFA suspect did get lynched so it does kinda work. A blind vote is a tad too dangerous imo because we could easily target good roles. It also lets the wolves away with not having to put forward an opinion or reason. Both you and QB seem to be pretty upset about how the vote/FFA went, any comment on why that is?

Well in previous dimensions people generally stuck to the three inside of the FFA to vote for. It gives more of a focus on why they voted for X instead of convoluted reasons after the fact.
    The data from yesterday is basically useless as the vote was quite widespread. That's my only issue tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

well perhaps people should give their reasons for not voting 1 of the 3 on the FFA.
    but what i think we should focus is is why certain people were on peoples FFA.

most had mick and PJ (god speed guys) and they were proven good.

Bear with me what follows may seem hypocritical :)

So I've said before and still say that we need structure on the vote. Thats especially true after a bad start since we're playing catchup.

That said i didn't vote within the ffa last night. My reason is I felt we had a mix of village players and Q candidates there-something thats been at least partially borne out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Unless he was trying to be a sacrificial lamb as I theorised above?

Boy are you right! ;)
    I'm not targeting low posters, I just said I'd like to hear a bit more from them. Pull up a pew. Tell me about that spanking. Are you all caught up? Who do you think is suspicious right now?

On the day he announced it, he would have been on no teams and not know who anyone are. So how can you be a sacrificial lamb? doesn't make sense Mahama. Surely only the wolf team are in a place to protect each other and they will all show evil on death. So we either got Q or we lost the village idiot as they basically asked to be killed!

That's whom I also suspect. Why waste your vote when others are clearly voting. Its as bad as not voting.

Wolves could easily adopt this plan of not voting for anyone, if they don't vote they try to make themselves appear impartial while those who voted for the posters whom were up for lynch (Mick or PJ) get implicated as a result.

Patrick, you talk such nonsense. You really do. You also hit most folks radar with all that

Well in previous dimensions people generally stuck to the three inside of the FFA to vote for. It gives more of a focus on why they voted for X instead of convoluted reasons after the fact.
    The data from yesterday is basically useless as the vote was quite widespread. That's my only issue tbh.

The data isnt useless, just a bit more work to interpret- wolves didn't know people would vote outside the ffa. If the classic wolf patterns are there then we still should have some wagoning on mick, a few scattered in the ffa and maybe a lone wolf or two

Ill ease off on you for now,

But you do say the data from yesterday is useless yet you wanna use that data anyway to go after Mick voters? You seem to be contradicting yourself

Patrick, you talk such nonsense. You really do. You also hit most folks radar with all that

Explain why its nonsense? You seem spooked?

• Advertisement

So, of those, on the face of it they've all explain. Drumpot's answer is below, Jayop said it's a valid strategy he's seen used successfully and Flush put in the vote early before having to leave. Of those 3, Jayo is most suss to me, but there's not a lot to go on from his posts.
    Drumpot, you said this earlier, then went and voted for no lynch. What changed?
    Drumpot wrote: »
    I got the vote time wrong (again) and thought I had until 10 to vote. I voted at 6.30 because I didn't have a target at that time (that I stated in a post but was afraid of missing the vote (in another universe I got a severe reprimand for missing a vote). I was reading posts casually at 9.10 thinking I had 50 mins to choose a target (that would of been PJ most likely) and got it wrong.

I wanted us to vote tonight and didn't see the benefit of publically asking for a vote only to try and "hide" in no lynch's.

The only note I had on Mick was that he foolishly (in my view) agreed with Barney's suggestion of a no vote. But he wasn't even on my radar to be honest . .

I actually think that the spread gives us a little more to work with. If it was a complete landslide on 2 posters, then we'd have two large groups to pick from whereas now it's a bit more interesting. That said, I'll be going through the Mick voters first, there's surely a wolf hiding there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

On the FFA thing, I don't think we should force people to vote any particular way. They're useful for collating information but if the top 3 at the end of the day aren't on my radar or I disagree strongly then I'm not going to vote for them

Mecro me aul pal, tell me, besides your idea for Mick posters, who outside of those do you suspect?

On the day he announced it, he would have been on no teams and not know who anyone are. So how can you be a sacrificial lamb? doesn't make sense Mahama. Surely only the wolf team are in a place to protect each other and they will all show evil on death. So we either got Q or we lost the village idiot as they basically asked to be killed!

Hey mrs FD, good to have you back, you'd gone a bit off the radar. Who are your suspects at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

His reasonable Johnson lol.

Damned by faint praise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Boy are you right! ;)
    I'm not targeting low posters, I just said I'd like to hear a bit more from them. Pull up a pew. Tell me about that spanking. Are you all caught up? Who do you think is suspicious right now?

Flushy, for use of the term "m8"

But you do say the data from yesterday is useless yet you wanna use that data anyway to go after Mick voters? You seem to be contradicting yourself

It's what I'm used to. Inside an FFA, you will generally have a wolf or two who bandwagon onto a village target as trit said above. Because a good few people voted outside the FFA candidates yesterday it makes that harder to decipher.
    I agree with you about the no lynch voter part actually. Seems a nice cop out but I'm convinced one of the 6 (now 5) voters on Mick is a wolf.

Think outside the box slightly.
    He may just have been a NRV. His best play (what I'm calling sacrificial lamb) was to get the wolves to focus on him and munch him. There's only 1 munch, and by trying to *be* that munch, he could have been trying to save a rolled player. It's a valid play, even if it didn't work out.

Morning all

In the over an hour there will be potentially 4 villagers dead. Definitely 3 anyway.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need to make wolf hunting our priority. The recruiter makes their selection after tomorrow nights lynch, is that correct? If we are close to lynching them the queen might act as a decoy so if we don't use the last bullet wisely, that would get the recruiter over the line.

Please, put Q more to the side for today. I'm not saying ignore completely but We don't know until the end who they are so play today and tomorrow as an us vs them (villagers vs wolves)

Mecro me aul pal, tell me, besides your idea for Mick posters, who outside of those do you suspect?

Most of my suspects are in the Mick voters tbh :pac:
    I would be a little suss of Jayop as well truth be told but not enough to force the issue. I've been wrong a few times already this game.

• Advertisement

Boy are you right! ;)

I'm not caught up, just had a scan, not gonna have a chance to catch up before 6 with work so looking with fresh eyes lets say.

In all seriousness though, I think MrsFD doth protest too much

And i CANT BELIEVE there was support for no lynch. Really not sure how I feel about it. I'd say there's at least one wolf in there. If they were smart they'd make sure not to bandwagon on it. Wouldn't be surprised at all if one or two committed to it cos it seemed like a good idea at the time, and then couldn't back down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Jayop wrote: »
    His reasonable Johnson lol.

Damned by faint praise.

I hear it is, indeed, very reasonable though.

Most of my suspects are in the Mick voters tbh :pac:
    I would be a little suss of Jayop as well truth be told but not enough to force the issue. I've been wrong a few times already this game.

I think the non lynchers myself, 1 in 3 chance of hitting a wolf.

Out of the 3 groups I suspect, (mick, PJ and no lynch voters), the non lynchers have less. I think a wolf is in there and its a 1 in 3 chance as opposed to your 1 in 6.

I think all Wolves would vote different to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Explain why its nonsense? You seem spooked?
    tritium wrote: »
    Hey mrs FD, good to have you back, you'd gone a bit off the radar. Who are your suspects at the moment?

I was only out for a few hours, national duty support calls :D

I am a bit suss of Mahama, I had her firmly in my good pile but for some reason I am not 100% sure on her now.
    Patrick seems to be bouncing off the walls, he is on my list.

There is something about our lil milkshake too.

Those are my three.

I know Jayop had a hangover but he would have been more up for posting last night. Nothing normal Jayop style coming from him and he is a capable player.

Other than than, not much.
    Will be reading today and seeing if any of the above changes.

Nice to see I was missed ;)

I am sure there might be some of you going missing on a similar trip tonight :)

In all seriousness though, I think MrsFD doth protest too much

And i CANT BELIEVE there was support for no lynch. Really not sure how I feel about it. I'd say there's at least one wolf in there. If they were smart they'd make sure not to bandwagon on it. Wouldn't be surprised at all if one or two committed to it cos it seemed like a good idea at the time, and then couldn't back down

Me too, Id like to hear more from her. She seemed very defensive when I questioned her.

Me too, Id like to hear more from her. She seemed very defensive when I questioned her.

And yet addressed nothing in her last post.

Curiouser and curiouser.

What about you Patrick, who you been accusing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I think the non lynchers myself, 1 in 3 chance of hitting a wolf.

Out of the 3 groups I suspect, (mick, PJ and no lynch voters), the non lynchers have less. I think a wolf is in there and its a 1 in 3 chance as opposed to your 1 in 6.

I think all Wolves would vote different to each other.

I don't agree with this. I reckon there is a decent chance that 2 voted for the same person. The wolves probably would've wanted to follow the FFA so as not to stand out. I'd say 2 may have voted for mick and 2 for pj and one random. It wasn't clear from the thread that people weren't going to follow FFA

Ms Flush, would you agree that it would be a good wolf tactic to vote "no lynch"?

I am a bit suss of Mahama, I had her firmly in my good pile but for some reason I am not 100% sure on her now.

Seems a bit vague, any reasoning for that?
    Actually all 3 of your reasonings are vague, nothing concrete after 2 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Think outside the box slightly.
    He may just have been a NRV. His best play (what I'm calling sacrificial lamb) was to get the wolves to focus on him and munch him. There's only 1 munch, and by trying to *be* that munch, he could have been trying to save a rolled player. It's a valid play, even if it didn't work out.

I think PJ was an NRV . . . .

But I didn't think yesterday and don't think today should be about focusing on Q. If you think about it, the only time we should be worried about Q is if we have chosen somebody to Lynch, only then should we review the behaviour of a target, otherwise Q isn't a problem. .

Advertisement