Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote:
    Anyone?

Well, I agree that there are wolves amongst the Mick voters. But apparently I'm narrow minded for thinking this.

Then I use someone else's strategy and I'm pinging the wrong buttons for another person.

So I dunno. Damned if I do...

what about a kick in the face?

Luff you too!

Can you imagine facekicker playing this game 😂

There is definitely more than one wolf in the mick and pj votes. Focus on both and increase our chances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Kolido wrote: »
    Anyone?

giphy.gif

seen as both are villagers (well 1 could be q i suppose), the wolves would have been happy lumping on those 2. but this would only be a factor if a wolf was in the firing line. i think i may have been 3rd in the FFA, but as i am not a wolf, theres not much to be garnered from last nights votes , i think.

is there any point looking to at the timing of votes?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Necrominus wrote: »
    Well, I agree that there are wolves amongst the Mick voters. But apparently I'm narrow minded for thinking this.

Then I use someone else's strategy and I'm pinging the wrong buttons for another person.

So I dunno. Damned if I do...

Your narrow minded for just thinking the Mick Voters. PJ would be just as good a choice and has less posters. The non lynchers are even less and just as likely to hold a wolf.

• Advertisement

There is definitely more than one wolf in the mick and pj votes. Focus on both and increase our chances?

Focus on PJ as its 1 in 4 chance, while Mick is 1 in 6 and together its 1 in 5

I STILL THINK WE SHOULD EITHER GO AFTER THE NON LYNCHERS OR THE PJ VOTERS. MORE CHANCE OF HITTING A WINNER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Lads I'm just not going to read back, I'm too lazy and I'm in work trying to look busy. Anyone want to tell me why everyone jumped on Mick?

I think whoever said we've a 1 in 3 chance racing the no lynch vote peeps make a good point. I don't think 3 wolves would be dumb enough to bandwagon on that but I'm willing to bet at least one of them jumped on it and then couldn't back down when it started looking suss.

I do not understand drumpot's vote for no lynch at all. Not to say its condemning but I just can't see the reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I love you too mahama ;)

I'm simply opening my mind a little to other people's ideas rather than forcing my own agenda which has been wrong thus far
    Ok, so looping through your last post in a little more detail. Not accusing you of anything just yet, but I find it interesting how your statements don't match up with how I remember things.
    Well going off your strategy you could run the three non lynch voters in a race I suppose?
    I dunno they SEEM valid reasons for voting non lynch (Drumpots is the least plausible let's put it that way) but it could of course be rubbish.
    Flushy, I know you responded to this already but you were so Uber quick to jump on non lynch I'm wary of you right now.

So, when Barney first brought back the plan way back on page 9, Mick was the first to agree to it, then you, then Flush. Seems like you jumped quicker than Flush at that point.
    The plan is decent (assuming you're not Q of course). I just don't want us to get hung up on Q and let the Borgensteins run roughshod over this peaceful place
    I would agree to no lynch but think the vig and the bezzy guy should hold fire with the guns. But that is only my opinion.

Then, later when the plan was brought back up again (#668) after modulators confirmed how it would work, again seemed amenable to it quicker than Flush.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Well this means that the flaw in my plan isn't actually a flaw. Not that I think we should definitely do it. Also, people have been against it from early on so not everyone is going to do it.
    I MAY be amenable to this strategy. My theory on Mick is... weak to be honest and it's the strongest wolfy vibe I'm getting right now. No decisions right now though, let's see what the rest of the evening brings us
    I am heading out. Going to make a vote for no lynch in case I am not back

I'm interested in your opinion here because it's not the first time you've accused flush of this (#761). Seeing those in that order, are you still suspicious of her? Especially since you said you weren't really suss of Mick (who turned out to be good), even though he pushed the no lynch harder than anyone. Why not be suss of the creator of the no lynch idea Barney? Dunno, finding it hard to follow your logic here.
    Jayop, you did a lot of flitting between non lynch and voting to lynch, why eventually settle on non lynch when it was clear it wasn't going to happen?
    My reading of Jayop's posts are that he was always for the no lynch once mods had confirmed how it would work. I don't see any flip flopping? He seems steady in wanting a no lynch.
    Jayop wrote: »
    OK so if half +1 vote no lynch then that's the majority.
    Given the new info we have it makes sense.
    I said that before the new rule clarification. I think the first night or two a no lynch might be better till we have more to go on.
    The problem with no lynch voting is that if it doesn't have the numbers to pass then it'll hurt the village. The Wolves all vote for people and its pretty much a free kill for them.
    I only quick read up till I showed up. Not really got anything other than Patrick being ott with his posting.

I don't know who to vote for tonight so I think I'm going no vote.
    Drumpot, are you sure you don't need glasses? It's in plain black and white in the OP that the lynch is at 9pm... Why would you think it was 10pm???
    That's twice in 1 post you put a little shade on Drumpot. That's interesting.

Your narrow minded for just thinking the Mick Voters. PJ would be just as good a choice and has less posters. The non lynchers are even less and just as likely to hold a wolf.

:rolleyes: And going for the PJ voters buys into your 'open-minded' theory nicely doesn't it?

Lads I'm just not going to read back, I'm too lazy and I'm in work trying to look busy. Anyone want to tell me why everyone jumped on Mick?

I think whoever said we've a 1 in 3 chance racing the no lynch vote peeps make a good point. I don't think 3 wolves would be dumb enough to bandwagon on that but I'm willing to bet at least one of them jumped on it and then couldn't back down when it started looking suss.

I do not understand drumpot's vote for no lynch at all. Not to say its condemning but I just can't see the reasoning.

I believe Beakerjoe was one of the first to say they were voting for him openly, other put him in their FFA.

Beakerjoe and another poster (think Sully, might be wrong) reckoned he was too quick and too hard on swaying a non lynch, a result that that in Joes opinion would be a wolf move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Can we agree a strategy for today early please

Actually, can someone shoot/ batl'eth/ munch/ definitely not lynch Q_ssarian, and then can we agree a strategy? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Started my read back but got interrupted.

Think Vale could be Q but best to ignore if that's the case. Something about Strawberry's posts are pinging my radar but I'm finding it hard to nail down and afraid it's me tunnelling.

sKeith also rang a bell for me but I'm on mobile so can't quote and getting too close to munch time to go back over thread again. Will post more later when at computer if I'm still alive.

:rolleyes: And going for the PJ voters buys into your 'open-minded' theory nicely doesn't it?

We have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a wolf in the non lynchers, its the best odds you clod

tritium wrote: »

Actually, can someone shoot/ batl'eth/ munch/ definitely not lynch Q_ssarian, and then can we agree a strategy? :D

Im for going for the non lynchers (3 of whom).

I'm interested in your opinion here because it's not the first time you've accused flush of this (#761). Seeing those in that order, are you still suspicious of her? Especially since you said you weren't really suss of Mick (who turned out to be good), even though he pushed the no lynch harder than anyone. Why not be suss of the creator of the no lynch idea Barney? Dunno, finding it hard to follow your logic here.

Truth be told I don't have any prime suspects. Do you? I've spent half the day yesterday defending myself against a half-baked conspiracy theory and the other half convinced PJ was a baddy.
    So forgive me if I'm jumping all over the place.

You know that is actually a village trait by the way? Being uncertain and willing to change your viewpoint.

Consistency and absolute certainty on points is a wolf trait concocted in a wolf den.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Why do you think there is at least one wolf in the non-lynchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

We have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a wolf in the non lynchers, its the best odds you clod

We have a 1 in 3 chance if one of them is actually a wolf. We could have a 0% chance, which I think is likely enough as I don't believe any wolves went for the no lynch in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

tritium wrote: »

are you saying you think i'm q? at least give a reason

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What happened to you not stoking the fires with Patrick? :P

I don't get the logic that there definitely has to be a wolf in the non-lynchers. I'd have thought the wolves would have been attentive enough not to draw attention to themselves by opting not to vote....

SO Patrick and Grumpy seem to be working together to rattle cages, mine especially?

Maybe Mahama is team good after all and it is Grumps that we need to watch? I don't think she has read the thread properly and going by what she has been told happened in her little back room.
    Strange flip. Looks a tad defensive, like you're just looking for someone to focus on.
    can i be your sidekick?
    Care to explain this weirdness? This isn't the first time you're done some strange cosying up to the starman.....
    It's only the best odds if there's defo a wolf there. For me, I'm not sure on that. I'd think most in order of likeliness to be a wolf amongst those three it's Flush, Jayo, Drumpot. Not convinced on any of them yet though.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    Why do you think there is at least one wolf in the non-lynchers?

I think it be a great wolf tactic, you don't accuse anyone. You just don't vote and it be a great way to avoid heat, esp if no wolves were up for a vote. No need to bandwagon Pj or Mick.

Plus I don't see a good enough reason why you wouldn't vote for a lynch.

You know that is actually a village trait by the way? Being uncertain and willing to change your viewpoint.

Consistency and absolute certainty on points is a wolf trait concocted in a wolf den.

The fact you say this is wolfy. If you were a wolf, you'd play exactly as you are then. No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

ANNOUNCEMENT IMMINENT!
    427013.jpg

Barney92 wrote: »
    We have a 1 in 3 chance if one of them is actually a wolf. We could have a 0% chance, which I think is likely enough as I don't believe any wolves went for the no lynch in the end.

Why don't you think that?

Truth be told I don't have any prime suspects. Do you? I've spent half the day yesterday defending myself against a half-baked conspiracy theory and the other half convinced PJ was a baddy.
    So forgive me if I'm jumping all over the place.

So being uncertain is a villager trait, but you have Jayo on your hit list for flip flopping, which is the same thing, even though he did nothing of the sort?

My current prime suspect is Sulli. Her reaction was way over the top when I accused her yesterday. y0ss, QB, Strawb and BJ are also dodgy, but I need to go through their posts again today and see exactly why I thought that and if it's still valid.

I think it be a great wolf tactic, you don't accuse anyone. You just don't vote and it be a great way to avoid heat, esp if no wolves were up for a vote. No need to bandwagon Pj or Mick.

Plus I don't see a good enough reason why you wouldn't vote for a lynch.

Then voting non-lynch is drawing a lot of attention on themselves. Jumping on the top 2 last night would be the perfect place to hide out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone got a post count?

Flushy pulling out some weird posts this morning, lots of words but not much substance.

Yoss, why the vote for Sully?

And where oh where have CTK and Jayop gone during all this? Very little of substance from either of them.

The fact you say this is wolfy. If you were a wolf, you'd play exactly as you are then. No?

Whether I would or wouldn't is redundant because I'm a villager. A pointless, insignificant one.

If this is going to blur the lines all day, put your money where your mouth is. Round up a posse and ****ing lynch me. Then we'll see how good your gut is.

Whether I would or wouldn't is redundant because I'm a villager. A pointless, insignificant one.

If this is going to blur the lines all day, put your money where your mouth is. Round up a posse and ****ing lynch me. Then we'll see how good your gut is.

Ive said what ive said, if others wanna follow they are welcome to.

• Advertisement

Anyone got a post count?

Flushy pulling out some weird posts this morning, lots of words but not much substance.

Yoss, why the vote for Sully?

And where oh where have CTK and Jayop gone during all this? Very little of substance from either of them.

Necrominus 255
    patrickSTARR 112
    y0ssar1an22 72
    The_Valeyard 69
    quickbeam 66
    MicksJaguar 59
    beakerjoe 57
    Lord TSC 55
    Barney92 53
    Drumpot 51
    Kolido 50
    mahamageehad 46