Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ecto who're your top suspects right now?

From my read earlier is was Vale Strawbs and sKeith but I'm going to throw CTK in there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

sully anything to say? you have posted since guffy's post but havent responded to it

I'm speed reading, sorry.

I have my reasons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Drumpot wrote:
    From past universes does anybody know if targeted crewmembers are informed if they are protected ?

Don't think so. Only the bodyguard will know (and obviously the wolves)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not unless its Q.

Why would the bodyguard protect someone they think is Q?

Plus, regardless, if it is Q, you don't want to lynch that person who was protected either. At the very least, you can say "whoever was protected is not a wolf", and the bodyguard can safely list them as good-ish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Drumpot wrote: »
    So how do we play this ? Does the person targeted know they were protected ? If so, can anybody give a reason why they shouldn't come out ? If they don't know, then they are dead player walking, does anybody have any idea how we can warn them without the BG coming out ?

All villagers are that, wolves know who the villagers are. BG would not know if the protected player was roled or not, though could have an inclination reading their posts.

But you're right in the sense they could be targeted again tomorrow knowing the same player can't be protected twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

From past universes does anybody know if targeted crewmembers are informed if they are protected ?

Mod discretion

I think we should play as if they don't know

Good job BG

Was BJ or QB round this morning? Can't say I remember either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Excellent job bodyguard. :)
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Im guessing the bodyguard did their job very well
    So, the bodyguard now has a confirmed villager. Excellent news.
    Bad news is that they can't protect them again tonight.

Should have F5 before I posted.

I was forgetting there is only one baddy team, so used to multiple kills that I wondered what had happened.

Good work BG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I don't think we should overly focus on Q. For all we know, that ship may have already sailed. We can't continually steer clear of players who may or may not be Q. Easy for a wolf to hide masquerading as Q.

So, the bodyguard now has a confirmed villager. Excellent news.
    Bad news is that they can't protect them again tonight.

Unless they protected q

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm speed reading, sorry.

I have my reasons.

Sully pops up, Mahama has been talking smack in your direction, any rebuttal?

Did you fail in your kill this morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

WerewolfGM wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Captains Log: Stardate 47828.7

Chief O’Brien has reported evidence of an attack in the ship haberdashery. No bodies were recovered and all crew are accounted for so it seems like the would-be assailant(s) were sh1t out of luck.

67e06216dc907e63cc173acb7f117371.jpg

Yay you rock data

200w.gif

Has to be right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

What's your point here Cross, that the BG himself could have been the target?

Possible. Also it would help later if there was confusion as to whether the BG woudl protect himself or a confirmed villager - to keep the wolves away from both of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Was BJ or QB round this morning? Can't say I remember either of them.

No it could be RL related however. Although both are twigging my radar for different reasons tbh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

I think it be a great wolf tactic, you don't accuse anyone. You just don't vote and it be a great way to avoid heat, esp if no wolves were up for a vote. No need to bandwagon Pj or Mick.

Plus I don't see a good enough reason why you wouldn't vote for a lynch.

Personally I was thinking that at least one wolf jumped on the no vote and couldn't backtract so we've got the 1 in 3 chance

However laid out like this it seems incredibly stupid. They know who they are. They could easily cleverly split the vote on a villager to appear not to be suspicious, but guarantee one less goodie

I know who the vig is. I'm guessing wolfies did too and so did the bodyguard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Unless they protected q

We've already been through this. Doesn't actually matter.
    Either way, the bodyguard will want to make sure that the person that they protected last night isn't today's lynch suspect.

Unless they protected q

Same as I said to Patrick up above, that's not an issue, because the bodyguard, either way, knows someone isn't a wolf and knows not to lynch them tonight.

The BG right now can say "x person is not a wolf and should not be lynched tonight" safely.

I do think we got Q, nothing makes sense to why PJ played the way he did. But him coming out doesn't make sense either and I don't see him being a good guy protecting someone. Just doesn't seem right.

Really frustrating that we will just not know till either endgame or if the real Q manages to get lynched.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Same as I said to Patrick up above, that's not an issue, because the bodyguard, either way, knows someone isn't a wolf and knows not to lynch them tonight.

The BG right now can say "x person is not a wolf and should not be lynched tonight" safely.

I'm only really waking up now. Makes sense. Thanks.

We've already been through this. Doesn't actually matter.
    Either way, the bodyguard will want to make sure that the person that they protected last night isn't today's lynch suspect.

See my response to lord

• Advertisement

Why would the BG come out and say that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Why would the bodyguard protect someone they think is Q?

Plus, regardless, if it is Q, you don't want to lynch that person who was protected either. At the very least, you can say "whoever was protected is not a wolf", and the bodyguard can safely list them as good-ish.

They can be listed as "Unlynchable" anyways

Are we gonna do FFAs again? Think it was Ecto said that FFAs should be more of a info grabber than a race tool. Most of us thought Mick or PJ was Evil/Q, no sense in the rest voting one of them for the sake of it anyways.

So, FFAs again? I say yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So no kill this morning, some good news

Captains log:. STARDATE 04

The crew have become paranoid and dillusional. Accusations have become commonplace and innocent crewmembers have died.

I have initiated an Omega protocol, locking out ship systems and shutting down the computer core with an unbreakable encryption. The ship is now on a drifting course for the nearby dwarf star. I willl not let this Borg virus spread to Federation worlds so I will destroy the ship if I must.

I have currently locked myself into the ready room with a week's worth of ration packs.

Why would the BG come out and say that??

Sorry, I think I reference this in my initial post. They shouldn't. They should lead things from the shadows and argue gently for the person they protected, but very obviously should keep their mouth shut for now in terms of overtly outing themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

But is the BG not painting a target on their heads for the wolves by doing that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

I remember once in the delta system, our bodyguard was like a ghost. You woke up the next morning after sleeping like a baby, none the wiser that you nearly died that night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I think Lord means they can place them as unlynchable in his own head, and maybe subtly hint at it on tread, not actually reveal themselve to the whole tread.

I know who the vig is. I'm guessing wolfies did too and so did the bodyguard.

You all must be something the rest of us is missing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

So no kill this morning, some good news

Captains log:. STARDATE 04

The crew have become paranoid and dillusional. Accusations have become commonplace and innocent crewmembers have died.

I have initiated an Omega protocol, locking out ship systems and shutting down the computer core with an unbreakable encryption. The ship is now on a drifting course for the nearby dwarf star. I willl not let this Borg virus spread to Federation worlds so I will destroy the ship if I must.

I have currently locked myself into the ready room with a week's worth of ration packs.

Thats not what the Omega Protocol is and if you break continuity like that again, ill have Uriel come at you with his reasonable Johnson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Can they? I would urge the bodyguard not to do so, as they would clearly be a target themselves. They could try hint at it but that would be risky. Unless I am missing something.

Advertisement