Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

LYNCH FORM IS NOW OPEN

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Barney92 wrote: »
    Can they? I would urge the bodyguard not to do so, as they would clearly be a target themselves. They could try hint at it but that would be risky. Unless I am missing something.

Keep reading before posting :P
    I clarify in my next post on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

You all must be something the rest of us is missing!

I'm trigger in disguise.

Or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I do think we got Q, nothing makes sense to why PJ played the way he did. But him coming out doesn't make sense either and I don't see him being a good guy protecting someone. Just doesn't seem right.

Really frustrating that we will just not know till either endgame or if the real Q manages to get lynched.

We should just play the game anyway. If the village wins, and q was lynched, we still beat the wolves.

2nd place!...Born to runner up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

#FFA2

1. Jayop - I smell wolf in his actions (or rather inactions) yesterday.

2. Beaker Joe - something not sitting right with his actions to me. Waits for an accusation to land and then jumps in under the guise of 'asking questions'.

3. Quickbeam - again. A gut feel but QB's play feels Wolfy to me. At times it's villagery but I can't quite shake the nagging doubts I have about her fully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Keep reading before posting :P
    I clarify in my next post on.

I just hadn't refreshed and after I posted I realised there were around ten posts and thogh I may have got the wrong end of the stick. Still I think hints are dangerous. The wolves know who they targeted so if they see someone hinting that they think a certain player is good (cross for example) then they'll have a pretty good idea who the bodyguard is. Wolves will be on the lookout for people trying to hint today I'd imagine. So I would urge the bodyguard not to.

Necrominus wrote: »
    #FFA2

1. Jayop - I smell wolf in his actions (or rather inactions) yesterday.

2. Beaker Joe - something not sitting right with his actions to me. Waits for an accusation to land and then jumps in under the guise of 'asking questions'.

3. Quickbeam - again. A gut feel but QB's play feels Wolfy to me. At times it's villagery but I can't quite shake the nagging doubts I have about her fully.

No offence, but Im not trusting your gut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I would also urge the bodyguard not to hint, based on Barney's logic.

Also, trying to keep others alive always looks Wolfy

Grumpy, Flushy and Sully, have you any reads you might share?

No offence, but Im not trusting your gut.

Fine with me. You won't take offence then if I don't do similar. I probably don't even need to guess your top 2 in your own FFA

And P*, you reckon Necro and Lordy are wolves, do you have suspicions of the rest?

I'm most suss of
    Flushy - Very vague posts, nothing concrete.
    Sully - Again, vague. Was quite odd last night with a few posts, I know Yoss spotted it too

• Advertisement

Sully - Again, vague. Was quite odd last night with a few posts, I know Yoss spotted it too

I wouldn't be massive suspicious of Sully as things stand, if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Pter wrote: »
    Thats not what the Omega Protocol is and if you break continuity like that again, ill have Uriel come at you with his reasonable Johnson.

It was needed. I made a judgement call.

I'm not leaving my room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

A quick one, and i realise this could become a rabbit hole so lets keep it short/ focused

Before we left starfleet command there was a competition that ran in a holojournal we all received unrequested. We never found out the prize or the winner though. Now holojournals are usually strictly controlled by starfleet (the empire the pretends its a democracy tm) so where did this come from and what was it for?

Did someone win an article to use in game?
    Did someone win a role? Maybe the queen or Q?

Any thoughts peeps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I would also urge the bodyguard not to hint, based on Barney's logic.

Also, trying to keep others alive always looks Wolfy

Grumpy, Flushy and Sully, have you any reads you might share?

I'm currently reading the classic 1984 by Orwell. I'd like to share this reading with you:
    There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this, Winston—always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.

— Part III, Chapter III, Nineteen Eighty-Four

If you meant in terms of reading the game, I have posted on this before. I believe that I have identified the vigilante. I also believe my posts have been telling in terms of timing etc.

Patricks #FFA2

Lord TSC - not as vocal as yesterday, but I still don't trust him. Him and Necro seemed to eager to defend eachother. I think Lord is lying low and not piping up as much as they are the recruiter. Necro defending him makes sense, hes a roleless borg protecting his more useful ally. Im not quiting on this

Necro - Following from yesterday, when I feel him and Lord were defending eachother when the heat was on. Since then he has constantly urged me to race him ? Why is that? Getting heat off the recruiter ??? I smell wolf

Ms Flush - A non lyncher. I feel there is one wolf in that pack of 3 non lynchers, and she was the one who seemed most spooked when I started sniffing around the non lynchers. Shes not interacted much with the 2 names above and shes been very defensive. That enough for me

(honourable mention) - Suilli, the most likely one for me in the Mick voters. I feel they are a cunning wolf but not in my top 3 sadly. But will happy to vote for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

sullivlo wrote: »
    Unless they protected q
    Why would the BG come out and say that??
    tritium wrote: »
    A quick one, and i realise this could become a rabbit hole so lets keep it short/ focused

Before we left starfleet command there was a competition that ran in a holojournal we all received unrequested. We never found out the prize or the winner though. Now holojournals are usually strictly controlled by starfleet (the empire the pretends its a democracy tm) so where did this come from and what was it for?

Did someone win an article to use in game?
    Did someone win a role? Maybe the queen or Q?

Any thoughts peeps?

I doubt they won a role, these were assigned randomly.

It's possible they got a perk to use though.

sullivlo wrote: »
    I'm currently reading the classic 1984 by Orwell. I'd like to share this reading with you:

If you meant in terms of reading the game, I have posted on this before. I believe that I have identified the vigilante. I also believe my posts have been telling in terms of timing etc.

1984 and Brave New World scare me, as does Facebook, and to a lesser extent, Google.

Your posts have been quite telling of what exactly?

Do you have any wolf suspects or are you just searching for Village roles?

Necro - Following from yesterday, when I feel him and Lord were defending eachother when the heat was on. Since then he has constantly urged me to race him ? Why is that? Getting heat off the recruiter ??? I smell wolf

I have constantly urged you to lynch me to have that smugness wiped out of you with your 'great gut feels'. I'll be laughing in the dead room when I'm confirmed on the side of good and you have egg all over your face for pushing a lost cause for two days straight.

Lord TSC - not as vocal as yesterday, but I still don't trust him. Him and Necro seemed to eager to defend eachother. I think Lord is lying low and not piping up as much as they are the recruiter. Necro defending him makes sense, hes a roleless borg protecting his more useful ally. Im not quiting on this

I'm not as vocal because so far, I only have one name on my list, and even thats less about being suspicious of you being a wolf, and more just because you're causing so much disruption with your tunnelvision.

Yesterday, I was of the thought process PJ was dodgy. I ran with that for most of the day, and was very obviously wrong. Given he showed up as good, I've been trying to reformulate opinions, and see what happens this morning. I don't want to get so focused on one situation that I miss others, like how some people are barely contributing to discussions, etc. I don't want to rush an FFA that will obviously favour people posting loads, while the lower posters get another day where they aren't even challenged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah Necro, you do realise your playing werewolf right?

Im asking questions, I tend to change my mind on people depending on the answers I get and change my opinions as the game goes on. You moan about PS having tunnel vision, yet im bouncing around. You just like to deflect dont you

But as others have stated I wont be trusting your wolf divining rod.

You still annoyed that i saw logic in PS's accusation of you and Lordy? Now my jury is still out on both of you, but your not looking great yourself.

Youve posted a fair bit and some of your posts condraicts others. Reasoning for using an FFA, reasoning why FFA's are useless. Which is it?

You also seem eager to race yourself v Patrick? Why ?

Also your FFA, very weak reasoning. You say Patricks reasoning is weak for accusing you, which it may be, but its stronger than yours on Jayops.

Why is Jayop top of your list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I have constantly urged you to lynch me to have that smugness wiped out of you with your 'great gut feels'. I'll be laughing in the dead room when I'm confirmed on the side of good and you have egg all over your face for pushing a lost cause for two days straight.

I think there is a no lose situation if the wolves munch you or somebody shoots you:

Villager: If killed, we will have one tenth of the amounts of posts to troll through to spot clues of wolves . . We will mourn your loss, but spend 95% less time having to troll through posts .
    Q: Leaves only wolves to fight
    Wolf: In which case you wont be in the dead room laughing . In fact you would be very much the opposite of laughing . .

:D

That's not very villager, at least I think your a wolf. You keep saying you think Im good, why race both of us if you think that? That's one less villager?

You just wanna be "proven right". A bluff I wonder?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm not as vocal because so far, I only have one name on my list, and even thats less about being suspicious of you being a wolf, and more just because you're causing so much disruption with your tunnelvision.

Fair enough, but it seems mostly to disrupt you and Necro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah Necro, you do realise your playing werewolf right?

Im asking questions, I tend to change my mind on people depending on the answers I get and change my opinions as the game goes on. You moan about PS having tunnel vision, yet im bouncing around. You just like to deflect dont you

But as others have stated I wont be trusting your wolf divining rod.

You still annoyed that i saw logic in PS's accusation of you and Lordy? Now my jury is still out on both of you, but your not looking great yourself.

Youve posted a fair bit and some of your posts condraicts others. Reasoning for using an FFA, reasoning why FFA's are useless. Which is it?

You also seem eager to race yourself v Patrick? Why ?

Also your FFA, very weak reasoning. You say Patricks reasoning is weak for accusing you, which it may be, but its stronger than yours on Jayops.

Why is Jayop top of your list?

just on the above point, this is usually a sign of a villager. a wolf will always think twice before posting to ensure there is nothing contradictory that could be used against them in the later game.

Also, I have voted tonight because I really do keep missing the deadline . . Think I am dyslexic or something, when it comes to the lynch. I voted for a person (not "No Lynch")..

just on the above point, this is usually a sign of a villager. a wolf will always think twice before posting to ensure there is nothing contradictory that could be used against them in the later game.

In context perhaps, Necro said he FFAs are a great device to find a wolf, 1 hour later he says the data is useless. Thats odd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'd really like to hear peoples opinions on vale's behaviour. I mean are we just going to ignore the odity?

This adoption of a charactor, a captain no less, he can hold above everyone is allowing him to avoid conversation or meaningful interaction with anyone.

I honestly think he's Q and should bite the bullet. If the vig has one left put 2 between his eyes imo. But if we could trash it out and not ignore it that'd be great.

I also think Necro is trigger happy on the posts. He may not ahve realised this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Guffy wrote: »
    I'd really like to hear peoples opinions on vale's behaviour. I mean are we just going to ignore the odity?

This adoption of a charactor, a captain no less, he can hold above everyone is allowing him to avoid conversation or meaningful interaction with anyone.

I honestly think he's Q and should bite the bullet. If the vig has one left put 2 between his eyes imo. But if we could trash it out and not ignore it that'd be great.

You could be right here. Maybe just a wolf and trying to hide behind it too. I can't remember a post of his not in the captain persona.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »

This also concerns me. He wasn't around munch time , comes in with random waffle and off he goes . .

Advertisement