Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Very nice catch there y0ss.
    The way that was phrased was dodge-malodge.
    Sounds like he was discussing with Jay in a backroom.
    He didn't say "Jayop is probably still dying...", nope he said it with certainty.

Welcome to my hit list BJ and Jayo.

Hello Hitlist.

I said it based on my own experience. But believe what you like. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

Necrominus wrote: »
    Guffy by process of elimination (and he wanted me or P* shot, potentially wasting our last bullet on a villager).
    Screw you Guffy I'm going nowhere :P

I just wanted the chance to shine necro :P also can we please install a sarcasm button on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Yep, and it was said with certainty.

Oops!

That's going on the FFA

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Jayop did say he was sick as a dog yesterday but only one post this morning and no mention of illness today.

So it be safe to assume hes not posting because hes still under the weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

beakerjoe wrote: »

I think what's in question here is not Jayop's current state of health - it's more your perceived informed knowledge of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Jayop wrote: »
    Good afternoon fellow passengers. As was mentioned by a few of you who paid attention I was at ep and as expected I am sick as an intergalactic pig today. I had a quick read of the thread just now. Not an awful lot stood out to me.

1) by and large I'd ignore the q character. No way of knowing if it's still in play or of they won. If it's obvious that someone is trying to get lynched then yeah say so, but otherwise it's just going g to be a massive distraction that we have no real control over. Half the players will be lynched at some stage so really it's hard to do anything about it.

2) that said Patrick looks to be working hard to get himself killed.

3) some cold **** killing a noob first. Only a few players would do that I think.

Id say its fair to assume Jay is still hungover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

*Mod Note*

Gang, if there was anything meta being said myself and Molly would be all over it like doggo's on doggo biscuits.

Keep playing on please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Guffy wrote:
    I just wanted the chance to shine necro also can we please install a sarcasm button on boards

It's a tongue in cheek comment myself, hence the :P

I don't actually have a Wolfy feeling about any of the PJ voters but I was asked for my opinion. And have it ;)

We can dance later if you like :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

It might be worth speculating that that's the reason but you did say it like it was a fact...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,148 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

that was yesterday at 4.30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Careful there P*, that could be seen as you coming to his defence.

that was yesterday at 4.30pm

You've obviously never been to EP.

I was at it myself, left Sunday night and Im still feeling awful today. Id think Jay was still hurting today

Can I just say that while we are hyper sensitive about everything everybody says, let's not bring meta into this too much lads and ladies. I say this as someone who has both BJ and Jayop on my FFA.

I can't believe I'm being the voice of reason here. What the hell is wrong with me :pac:

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    It might be worth speculating that that's the reason but you did say it like it was a fact...

I speculated, he said he was sick yesterday. Jeez, thats the last time I show anyone here any leeway for not posting much.

You've obviously never been to EP.

I was at it myself, left Sunday night and Im still feeling awful today. Id think Jay was still hurting today

This!

Can I just say that while we are hyper sensitive about everything everybody says, let's not bring meta into this too much lads and ladies. I say this as someone who has both BJ and Jayop on my FFA.

I can't believe I'm being the voice of reason here. What the hell is wrong with me :pac:

?? I don't see how discussing this is meta? :confused:

The fact that BJ asserted something as fact, when it isn't fact on thread, is weird, and feels like a backroom slip to me. Jay's hangover or lack thereof is actually irrelevant. It's the phrasing BJ used here in a post, so I dunno how that could be meta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

crosstownk wrote: »
    I think what's in question here is not Jayop's current state of health - it's more your perceived informed knowledge of it.

There's assuming and there's stating fact though. There was no "I can only assume jay's still in bits having been to EP myself before"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Enough of that reason talk Necro. I did not think Electric Picnic would appear on anyone's FFA but it seems it might.

The fact that BJ asserted something as fact, when it isn't fact on thread, is weird, and feels like a backroom slip to me. Jay's hangover or lack thereof is actually irrelevant. It's the phrasing BJ used here in a post, so I dunno how that could be meta?

Well... Bringing up EP in the first place was meta imo. These things can steamroll until something else breaks the game. Just wanted to get that out there. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

?? I don't see how discussing this is meta? :confused:

This is exactly it mahama. It's about BJ's writing on thread, not about Jayop being or going to EP.

• Advertisement

There's assuming and there's stating fact though. There was no "I can only assume jay's still in bits having been to EP myself before"

Well apologies for not wording it different. But I assume hes still feeling the effects of the Picnic.

Well... Bringing up EP in the first place was meta imo. These things can steamroll until something else breaks the game. Just wanted to get that out there. That's all.

Once its introduced to the thread it's fair game imo.

Guffy wrote:

Ok, look I'll drop it. Unless the mods intervene there's obviously not a problem so no point labouring the point.

Guffy wrote: »

Even though its against me, Id agree.

you can see how this might be interpreted?

Yoss, you and Guffy seem very cosy? Why is that?

Guffy wrote: »

I agree, for me meta would be someone saying they saw him post elsewhere (another forum or FB for eg) about Picnic, but since he said it here on thread, it's common knowledge within the game universe so therefore not meta imo. I appreciate your point Necro, but in this case I genuinely don't see how it could snowball to being game breaky.

That's all I'll say on it for now til I use it in my FFA later.
    That's if we are FFAing later? I would still like to do it. I'm hoping to grab a few mins later to update my leans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Jay is also still in bits from EP.

Flush is odd more than suss. Id like to hear more from them.

Ive no read on Drum yet.

Id like to hear more from Vale who i was suss of yday,

You can hear from me for the next 5 hours and then I have a secret mission to go get answers for the captain. I will be keeping touch.

But feel free to ask away :)

I agree, for me meta would be someone saying they saw him post elsewhere (another forum or FB for eg) about Picnic, but since he said it here on thread, it's common knowledge within the game universe so therefore not meta imo. I appreciate your point Necro, but in this case I genuinely don't see how it could snowball to being game breaky.

Okie doke. Just looking out for the game so unless there's a modulator intervention you'll hear nothing more from me on this.

You can hear from me for the next 5 hours and then I have a secret mission to go get answers for the captain. I will be keeping touch.

But feel free to ask away :)

Whats your opinions on the situation to date and thoughts on any characters that stand out to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭WerewolfGM

MOD CLARIFICATION.

Ok, we are going to nip this in the bud right now.

No matter who was wherever, everyone stop talking about external events. Also stop talking about talking about external events. You want to talk about post counts or activity levels on thread, go nuts. No further warnings will be given.

BJ, your choice of words was ambiguous, but you shouldn't be talking about EP at all in any context. Jayop shouldn't have either really.

Everyone else, we took that as speculation, but to be honest we are cutting that out right now. Any further talk of external lives will be  HARSHLY PUNISHED including but not limited to public shamings.

I will remind you of rule 8

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8) Don’t take things personally or talk about your real life, players should stay in character at all times and understand any and all abuse is in character, don't bother telling the other players about your real life issues just play as you can.[/font]

Advertisement