Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

tritium wrote: »
    "let me tell you a story. its a story about a man. a man who posted about meta stuff after a mod warning. he had bright orange hair and pink underwear. he had a dog on each shoulder and a face that said he didnt know how to quit grabbing his own ass. That man was me. And here i am now, standing in front of a forum, asking them to love me."

:confused: Wut?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

quickbeam wrote: »
    *If* you used your shot before tomorrow's munch then you'd be just a NRV and no threat to the wolves any more, and the BG could concentrate on a more important (no offence!) rolled villager.

Yeah but the kill order from them could still be in, they wont know if I have taken the shot possibly. The BG protected someone last night, they cant protect that same person tonight. So why not protect me who will be the one and only cleared NRV at that point?

Are you trying to get the BG to not protect me so you can munch me for supper Mrs Wolf?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    Your giving up very easily considering how much youve posted so far.

Necro falling on his sword for Queen TSC?

beakerjoe wrote:
    You" I couldnt be arsed" is not filling me with confidence

quickbeam wrote:
    True. But Mick also gave up easily and turned out villager.

For the benefit of those with flash photography. I'm not giving up. I've spent the entire morning and early afternoon arguing my case.

I'm not taking up the rest of the day on the same back and forth.
    Lynch me, don't lynch me. Whatever. I'm just not wasting my breath on lost causes.

P* thinks I'm a wolf yet wants to keep me alive. Think about that for a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,117 ✭✭✭Guffy

:confused: Wut?

Its stemming from his ep comment post no ep talk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Pter wrote: »
    That's very big and, i must say, unscripted of you to say Trit.

Boards feedback may be getting a suggestion of an anti-thanks button soon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

tritium wrote: »
    Boards feedback may be getting a suggestion of an anti-thanks button soon....

What types of doggies are they Trit?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Yeah but the kill order from them could still be in, they wont know if I have taken the shot possibly. The BG protected someone last night, they cant protect that same person tonight. So why not protect me who will be the one and only cleared NRV at that point?

Are you trying to get the BG to not protect me so you can munch me for supper Mrs Wolf?

Er, no! I'm hoping the BG will protect the Seer or Priest. I was just pointing out that once you do shoot, if you've a viable target, you will be less important than other roled players. Though you will have importance at a cleared NRV, true. But I still think our BG would be best using their best guess at protecting someone they think is the Seer or Priest than protecting a NRV, albeit a cleared one.

****if you've a viable target****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Cross, I'd like to hear more from you.
    You voted p* yesterday, and thought he was dodgy early on.
    Has anything changed?
    I'm running a new theory that he's queen and I want to see if there's evidence there to support it. You're one of the few that has accused him.

Sorry for the delay. It's mental down here in engineering this week.

I voted P* because of how he came out poking accusations of sorts at a few players. In one sense, it's a reasonable strategy to fling a bit of mud and see what sticks but on the other hand, it brings him into focus and has me questioning why he would do that.

I've been kicking around the theory that he may queen for two reason. 1. The queen peeks as good so is probably the best wolf to be in focus with a higher chance of a seer peek. 2. It takes two attempts to kill the queen - that just makes it a better gamble to have the queen as the more vocal wolf on thread.

Additionally, he's made a few comments (I'm too lazy and busy to quote them) where he indicated that he was more or less doing his own thing - this sort of indicates he is distant from the village and has another agenda.

I could be wrong but that's what I'm thinking at the minute.

As it stands, P* is still my #1 for tonight's lynch followed by BJ and Jayop.

Pter wrote: »
    What types of doggies are they Trit?

giphy.gif

(Please dont beat me any more... :D )

Necro won't spend the day defending himself. The three who included him on their FFA haven't exactly come up with convincing arguments to vote for him:
    Necro - Following from yesterday, when I feel him and Lord were defending eachother when the heat was on. Since then he has constantly urged me to race him ? Why is that? Getting heat off the recruiter ??? I smell wolf

A half decent case, though I personally disagree with it.

sullivlo wrote: »
    Necro

No reason even given!!!

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Necro - Either way, i feel him or Patrick needs to go. One way or the other, it gives us a read on things.

Pathetic!

Does anyone have anything actual concrete against him? I definitely think there's elsewhere we would have a better chance of finding wolves. At the moment, the Sully accusations seem to have a lot of merit, and I'll be re-reading to make my own mind up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Necrominus wrote: »
    With my impending death in sight, I'd like to apologise.

FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Please pay attention to who jumps on the 'good ship Necro lynch' and hunt them down in my absence.

Oh and P* - I hope you choke on your words when that little ' Necro was good' pops up on the death post

Necro out.

What are you on about lad?

crosstownk wrote:
    Additionally, he's made a few comments (I'm too lazy and busy to quote them) where he indicated that he was more or less doing his own thing - this sort of indicates he is distant from the village and has another agenda.

This also might indicate that he's Q??

crosstownk wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay. It's mental down here in engineering this week.

I voted P* because of how he came out poking accusations of sorts at a few players. In one sense, it's a reasonable strategy to fling a bit of mud and see what sticks but on the other hand, it brings him into focus and has me questioning why he would do that.

I've been kicking around the theory that he may queen for two reason. 1. The queen peeks as good so is probably the best wolf to be in focus with a higher chance of a seer peek. 2. It takes two attempts to kill the queen - that just makes it a better gamble to have the queen as the more vocal wolf on thread.

I could be wrong but that's what I'm thinking at the minute.

As it stands, P* is still my #1 for tonight's lynch followed by BJ and Jayop.

Ah Crosstown Funk, lets talk mate, I could be an NRV with nothing to lose, I could be a roled player brave enough to take risks.

I am in fact a man who is doing his best for the village. My questions and accusations give me and others info to work off.

Now imagine if you will, that Im right on a few things Ive said. Indulge me. would that not be playing in the best interests of the village? Does that not make my posts worth while?

You've been so quiet its hard to read you, but you seem to be lurking and reading me.

However your read is incorrect.

I am not a Brave Queen, however feel free to keep running with that incorrect theory.

giphy.gif

Patrick - A half decent case, though I personally disagree with it. (me, NOT A WOLF)

Sully No reason even given!!! (Wolf)

Lord TSC -

Pathetic! (Queen wolf)

Does anyone have anything actual concrete against him? I definitely think there's elsewhere we would have a better chance of finding wolves. At the moment, the Sully accusations seem to have a lot of merit, and I'll be re-reading to make my own mind up.

Vote one of the above (Sully, Necro, TSC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

PStar, you've been riding Necro and Lordi's asses since yesterday, what I can't understand is why you think they are wolve so much. I mean players can have an iche on it, but either you know something good or you are Queen Borg as CTF alluded to.

Well, I'm not voting for Necro.

If, as you say Lordy is Queen and Sully is wolf, then that would give Sully a 1/4 chance of being the Recruiter so would be the better vote, right? It also happens that between the two of them the one I think more likely to be wolf at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Necro won't spend the day defending himself. The three who included him on their FFA haven't exactly come up with convincing arguments to vote for him:

A half decent case, though I personally disagree with it.

No reason even given!!!

Pathetic!

Apart from PS, the other two dont give any good reasons.

Necros most recent posts dont fill me with any sort of reason not to vote for him, however the argument for voting for him is not solid. Patrick makes a loud case, but its just a theory and its nothing concrete no matter how many times he repeats it.

That said, his theory is plausible.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Apart from PS, the other two dont give any good reasons.

Necros most recent posts dont fill me with any sort of reason not to vote for him, however the argument for voting for him is not solid. Patrick makes a loud case, but its just a theory and its nothing concrete no matter how many times he repeats it.

That said, his theory is plausible.

Yeah, that's my point!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I'm so conflicted on Sulli.

Grr, she actually might just be the queen. Reading between the lines there may just be a reason to trust her.

But she was my no. 1 suspect due to how she acted yesterday to my accusation of her. And her general fluffiness.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    PStar, you've been riding Necro and Lordi's asses since yesterday, what I can't understand is why you think they are wolve so much. I mean players can have an iche on it, but either you know something good or you are Queen Borg as CTF alluded to.

Ill keep my tactics to myself for now Kolido

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah, that's my point!!!

I know, I was just opening my post, Im just thinking aloud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

So was Sully a wolf and just hoping to draw me out?

Obv if Data didn't protect me last night and Sully is at it, I would appreciate the cover tonight.

If we have a good candidate to shoot I will do it but I am NOT going to shoot someone just to prove I am the Vig.
    I can shoot at any time so it isn't as if someone else can pretend they are Riker.

I wish we had the crying laughing emoji on boards, or the clapping hands, or the wolfie one. I'd use all three here. Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I am a bit wary of Sulli's motives for saying she had spied the vigilante and saying that the wolves probably knew too. However, it seems a bit strange she didn't recognize MrsFD's role claim.

Thinking about it, would Sulli be trying to flush MrsFD out? They still had a bullet left and by doing so it would risk MrsFD coming out and shooting Sulli dead. Plus for the wolves because they found the vigilante, but they no longer have bullets and they lose a wolf in the process. By not trying to draw them out, MrsFD could just shoot someone blindly and kill a villager.

Sulli, were you wrong in who you thought was vig? Also I reckon it might be safe enough to say who you thought it was? Maybe hold off for a few hours. If MrsFD is lying then the vig could shoot them dead and not have to come out publicly.

Are you for serious right now?
    What do you think of my theory that p* may indeed be the queen B? That's why he's so bold, he knows he'll peek good? And his only aim is to keep the thread wrapped up in an argument so wolves can skate by?

@Trit, have you been around today at all? You had a serious hard on for Y0sser yesterday, how you feeling about that today?

Yep around a bit

Yoss is a funny one. His play yesterday was odd for an experienced starfleet cadet. It was really 'look at me' on something that was always likely to have a lot of the crew against it - thats why I think hes maybe Q but not a wolf

For today i think necro and pstarr need to focus off each other for a bit since it causing interference in the communications array. Sully is the crewmember who I need to go back over posts on most, she's been odd today but there's a few reasons why that could be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Er, no! I'm hoping the BG will protect the Seer or Priest. I was just pointing out that once you do shoot, if you've a viable target, you will be less important than other roled players. Though you will have importance at a cleared NRV, true. But I still think our BG would be best using their best guess at protecting someone they think is the Seer or Priest than protecting a NRV, albeit a cleared one.

****if you've a viable target****

IF they thought they knew who that was last night, they protected them and failed. IF they did they can't protect tonight as per the rules.

You really want me dead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with at least one of these.

Interestingly, if Sulli is bad, and you're pushing on her now, would that make you good, or would that make you a wolf with no choice?

Barney92 wrote:
    Sulli, were you wrong in who you thought was vig? Also I reckon it might be safe enough to say who you thought it was? Maybe hold off for a few hours. If MrsFD is lying then the vig could shoot them dead and not have to come out publicly.

Or we could just shoot me and if Flushy is lying the shot won't happen.

That plus you get your popcorn fantasy scenario played out in a real life game:P

sullivlo wrote: »
    I wish we had the crying laughing emoji on boards, or the clapping hands, or the wolfie one. I'd use all three here. Bravo.

Are you saying you don't believe MrsF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I'm so conflicted on Sulli.

Grr, she actually might just be the queen. Reading between the lines there may just be a reason to trust her.

But she was my no. 1 suspect due to how she acted yesterday to my accusation of her. And her general fluffiness.

Hard to get a wax on the enterprise.

Advertisement