Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Werewolf XVI - Star Trek

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

quickbeam wrote: »
    Are you saying you don't believe MrsF?

I'm saying nowt.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Are you saying you don't believe MrsF?

Okay. Yes. I'm saying I don't believe mrsf. I'm sure that someone here can back me up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

sullivlo wrote: »
    I wish we had the crying laughing emoji on boards, or the clapping hands, or the wolfie one. I'd use all three here. Bravo.

Are you saying you don't believe me?

Are you saying you don't believe me?

Look up, wolfy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necrominus wrote: »
    Or we could just shoot me and if Flushy is lying the shot won't happen.

That plus you get your popcorn fantasy scenario played out in a real life game:P

I don't want you dead for the sake of it necro. In fact I don't think I want you dead at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necrominus wrote:
    Or we could just shoot me and if Flushy is lying the shot won't happen.

By the way, this was sarcasm. Not actively looking to be shot with our last bullet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Look up, wolfy

There are lots of reasons why you could be right or wrong on this though....

Okay. Yes. I'm saying I don't believe mrsf. I'm sure that someone here can back me up.

Oh this sounds very interesting

*pulls chair up, grabs popcorn*

Look up, wolfy

This makes more sense to me now. If you think she's lying then yes you would be confused.

Why would FD lie though? Outing herself to try out the vigilante? Seems a bizarre move. Wolves lose a player and the vigilante wouldn't even need to come out. They would just shoot MrsFD. Hmmm.

By the way, this was sarcasm. Not actively looking to be shot with our last bullet.

It may already have a target Necro...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Barney92 wrote: »
    I am a bit wary of Sulli's motives for saying she had spied the vigilante and saying that the wolves probably knew too. However, it seems a bit strange she didn't recognize MrsFD's role claim.

Thinking about it, would Sulli be trying to flush MrsFD out? They still had a bullet left and by doing so it would risk MrsFD coming out and shooting Sulli dead. Plus for the wolves because they found the vigilante, but they no longer have bullets and they lose a wolf in the process. By not trying to draw them out, MrsFD could just shoot someone blindly and kill a villager.

Sulli, were you wrong in who you thought was vig? Also I reckon it might be safe enough to say who you thought it was? Maybe hold off for a few hours. If MrsFD is lying then the vig could shoot them dead and not have to come out publicly.
    Barney raises an excellent point. It would be a little foolhardy for Sulli, as a wolf, to bait Flush in that way. It is completely possible that Sulli just picked up hints wrong and thought a player was rolled that wasn't.
    Interesting. The lady speaks in riddles, but I'm inclined to keep listening.

I'm finding it hard to believe Flush is lying though too. I mean, to my eyes there was hardly any pressure put on her before she cracked like Humpty Dumpty. If she's lying, to what end?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote:
    Necros most recent posts dont fill me with any sort of reason not to vote for him, however the argument for voting for him is not solid. Patrick makes a loud case, but its just a theory and its nothing concrete no matter how many times he repeats it.

My recent posts are a result of fatigue for arguing till I'm blue in the face the same point over and over and over and over and over and...

You get the point. I'm not wasting time on it anymore (said this already but I mean it this time)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ach, I had been sure of Sully but I don't agree at all with that one.

Look up, wolfy

Come on Sully, waiting patiently here?

This makes more sense to me now. If you think she's lying then yes you would be confused.

Why would FD lie though? Outing herself to try out the vigilante? Seems a bizarre move. Wolves lose a player and the vigilante wouldn't even need to come out. They would just shoot MrsFD. Hmmm.

I can't think of any reasonable explanations as to why Flush would lie.
    I'll admit, I didn't get the reveal at all, I have no Star Trek references.

So, scenarios as I see them, am I missing any?:
    (a) Flush is who she says she is
    (b) Flush is a wolf, claiming this role for ****s and giggles. That'd be stupid, coz real vig would just shoot her.
    (c) Flush is a NRV claiming this role for some reason. Again stupid coz vig would just shoot her.
    (d) Flush is Q looking to cause trouble

Come on Sully, waiting patiently here?

I don't believe you're the vig. Like I said, will gladly put my hands up and say that I'm wrong IF I am proven wrong.

But in my opinion I am correct.

I'm star trekking across the universe today. Party with the krazy klingons tonight so will be putting a vote in early.

I've sped read the day since munch to thread close so won't be posting much. Need to read it all again.

Look up, wolfy
    I don't believe you're the vig. Like I said, will gladly put my hands up and say that I'm wrong IF I am proven wrong.

You seem so sure. Give me one good reason not to shoot you?

If you don't believe she's the vig, do you believe she's a misguided villager, Q or a wolf?

What was the aim of your line of comments about knowing who the vig is today and yesterday?

(b) Flush is a wolf, claiming this role for ****s and giggles. That'd be stupid, coz real vig would just shoot her.
    (c) Flush is a NRV claiming this role for some reason. Again stupid coz vig would just shoot her.

They are the four main possibilities. I hope it's not c because we would waste a bullet and lose a villager. I doubt MrsFD would do that as she would surely know that would be the outcome. d would also see her being shot by the real vig.

My secret possibility (e) is that the shaman gave something to the vig (not knowing it was the vig) that allowed them to communicate with one person. They chose MrsFD, who thankfully was a villager, and decided to sacrifice herself to keep the vig alive. So the vig wouldn't shoot her despite a false claim and the wolves might try to munch her. It is far fetched but I don't really know what the shaman can do.

TLDR - I think MrsFD is the real vig. Nothing else makes much sense to me. But I don't think sulli is evil (yet).

• Advertisement

You seem so sure. Give me one good reason not to shoot you?

Because it would be a waste of a bullet?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

I think you're barking up the wrong tree with at least one of these.

Interestingly, if Sulli is bad, and you're pushing on her now, would that make you good, or would that make you a wolf with no choice?

It makes the village a wolf lighter

If you don't believe she's the vig, do you believe she's a misguided villager, Q or a wolf?

What was the aim of your line of comments about knowing who the vig is today and yesterday?

I think mrsf is a wolf.

My line of comments yesterday and today about the vig was something I picked up on by a poster. I don't want to break the rules (for fear of having to think about uriels johnson) so that's all I'm willing to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

My recent posts are a result of fatigue for arguing till I'm blue in the face the same point over and over and over and over and over and...

You get the point. I'm not wasting time on it anymore (said this already but I mean it this time)

Then use your energy to help the village. Your sob story is annoying. TSC is in same triangle, yet they get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A seems the most likely IMO

They are the four main possibilities. I hope it's not c because we would waste a bullet and lose a villager. I doubt MrsFD would do that as she would surely know that would be the outcome. d would also see her being shot by the real vig.

My secret possibility (e) is that the shaman gave something to the vig (not knowing it was the vig) that allowed them to communicate with one person. They chose MrsFD, who thankfully was a villager, and decided to sacrifice herself to keep the vig alive. So the vig wouldn't shoot her despite a false claim and the wolves might try to munch her. It is far fetched but I don't really know what the shaman can do.

TLDR - I think MrsFD is the real vig. Nothing else makes much sense to me. But I don't think sulli is evil (yet).
    I don't think (e) is a runner tbh based on a few comments I read at the start of the thread. There is a person that has a comms though.
    It makes the village a wolf lighter
    You must have some pair of legs on ya with all your skirting! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

F.) sulli had comms with the real vig and Flushy was passed a perk( perhaps a bullet) by shaman and is really a wolf?

I don't think (e) is a runner tbh based on a few comments I read at the start of the thread. There is a person that has a comms though.

You must have some pair of legs on ya with all your skirting! :P

Oh I agree it is farfetched. I just wanted to make sure every single avenue was explored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Jeez you take a break to eat and it all kicks off. I don't know who is lying and who isn't BUT I did find Mrs FDs reveal odd.

• Advertisement

Kolido wrote: »
    F.) sulli had comms with the real vig and Flushy was passed a perk( perhaps a bullet) by shaman and is really a wolf?

Seems in my coming up with bizarre scenarios, I forgot this one. Slightly less likely than (e) but still possible I suppose. Very unlikely, but possible.

Advertisement