Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPS number required for on-line payments?

Options
  • 03-09-2017 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys. Am on an electronic payment system for the first time, for the secondary school. The payment system is part of the Education and Training Board (ETB), by the logo on the top and link back. In order to create an account, the child's name and PPS # needs to be entered. The primary school has been using an on-line payments system (different one) the last few years and have never had to give a PPS number (or indeed supplied one to the school). The secondary school have not, that I recall, asked for a PPS # previously. Anyone any idea? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭JennyZ

You can only be requested to submit a PPS number for online payments by a body that is authorised to do so, you can check by emailing
    registerofusers@welfare.ie.
    As far as I'm aware PPS numbers can be requested for pupil ID, providing the requesting body is registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Truman Burbank

JennyZ wrote: »
    You can only be requested to submit a PPS number for online payments by a body that is authorised to do so, you can check by emailing
    registerofusers@welfare.ie.
    As far as I'm aware PPS numbers can be requested for pupil ID, providing the requesting body is registered.

Thanks! Interestingly, of the ETBs listed on the link you provided (which some have updated 2015 - 2017), this ETB is not listed. I checked the most up to date one. That's odd. Also, of the uses these ETBs give individually for using a PPS #, there is a mention (on one of the ETBs only) for payments, but I wouldn't think this is what it meant. The link I have for payments is school specific. Although I agree that PPS #s can be used for pupil ID, it is not mandatory and don't intend to provide it. I guess my question is, is it usual in secondary schools to link on-line payments to PPS#s?

Advertisement