Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing provider mid year because of "no quote"

Options
  • 03-09-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I bought a different car yesterday (it's a 1.9 Diesel Vectra, nothing wild) and I went to change over my insurance and was told that it was coming back as a "no quote". I am currently with the AA and the underwriter is Axa. Now since that phone call I have gotten a range of quotes online, including some from the AAs website and the Axa website (no bother insuring me there). That to me is strange??

Anyway, FBD come back the cheapest quote by far at 1000 compared to 1600 from both Axa and AA. Is it possible to cancel my current insurance and just take out a new policy with FBD? Are there any consequences to changing mid policy? I pay by direct debit and even with cancellation charges would work out better off in the long run, if there are no hidden pit falls.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Nothing to stop you moving mid term if you're happy with the cancellation charges. However, if you have bought this car and it is road legal, your current insurers HAVE to offer you cover on it. Phone them tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Nothing to stop you moving mid term if you're happy with the cancellation charges. However, if you have bought this car and it is road legal, your current insurers HAVE to offer you cover on it. Phone them tomorrow

Thanks for your response, might just end up cancelling with them anyway.

That bit in bold is interesting to know, might bring that up with them although I am sure they could just turn around and quote me an off the wall price and still be covered on their end.

Not a bother on the car, thankfully.

Advertisement