Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major Hurricane Irma

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

This footage of the British Virgin Islands is incredible. A place called 'Bitter End' is sadly rather aptly named.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Has this thing got Florida yet? Or when will It, I wanna see some destruction God damit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Wind at Key West is not increasing to gale force 8, despite the approaching centre and falling pressure. That can only mean the storm's wind field is weakening, at least in the NW quadrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Has this thing got Florida yet? Or when will It, I wanna see some destruction God damit

Why? These are people's home and lives at risk. Nasty thing to be wishing on anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Why? These are people's home and lives at risk. Nasty thing to be wishing on anyone.

Not wishing anything on anyone. Plenty people posting videos of It? Why is it nasty for me to want to see more?

• Advertisement

The vast majority of the models have it Cat-3 at landfall now.

11L_intensity_06z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Everyone in here is interested in watching this play out but wishing destruction is not part of it. People's lives are at risk here and even if they evacuated some people's lives will be changed forever by this storm.

The shear seems to be starting to taking its toll on the eye now. It's expanded and become more ragged and elongated. The north of the storm seems to be eroding.

rbtop_lalo-animated.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭BillyBobBS

No doubt this is a Cat 4 hurricane now according to Fox News.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If Florida escapes major damage and hopefully does, it will be better for all the islands that have been hit. They will have more international attention and resources.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Not wishing anything on anyone. Plenty people posting videos of It? Why is it nasty for me to want to see more?

In fairness it came across like you want to see more damage, not more videos of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

The shear seems to be starting to taking its toll on the eye now. It's expanded and become more ragged and elongated. The north of the storm seems to be eroding.

rbtop_lalo-animated.gif

This is VERY good news, yes???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Latest IR loop:

GDsDqUM.gif

AccuWeather gust projections:

?url=http%3A%2F%2Faccuweather-bsp.s3.amazonaws.com%2F2a%2Fc5%2Fb88e4dec4d839aa1fbfda481eb92%2Firma-wind-gusts-99-am.jpg

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭pad199207

The eye looks deadly on radar but looks disorganised on satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

A man in the pub last night telling us that the gusts we had yesterday was the tail end of Irma, was going to correct him but he seemed adamant.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    This is VERY good news, yes???

Yes a cat 4 hurricane barreling towards Florida is "VERY" good news :confused:

Latest pressure measured at 926.1 hPa at 09:00Z. Max surface winds 115 kts.

Recent pressure trend

04:11Z - 931.1 hPa
    05:42Z - 926.1 hPa
    07:25Z - 926.6 hPa
    09:00Z - 926.1 hPa

Hurricane slowing down and gathering strength according to CNN. They showed some live video feed from Key West and it's pretty grim and they haven't even began to feel the worst yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Jeju wrote:
    A man in the pub last night telling us that the gusts we had yesterday was the tail end of Irma, was going to correct him but he seemed adamant.

My mother in law was convinced we were getting the tail end of the 2004 tsunami 😂

foxy06 wrote: »
    My mother in law was convinced we were getting the tail end of the 2004 tsunami 😂

I remember a man down the pub one evening was convinced that earthquakes and tsunamis only happened in warm countries.

It was a tough debate

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    I remember a man down the pub one evening was convinced that earthquakes and tsunamis only happened in warm countries.

It was a tough debate

You should change your local. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    Yes a cat 4 hurricane barreling towards Florida is "VERY" good news :confused:

Feck it anyways, I thought it breaking up in places meant it wasn't going to pack such a wallop upon landing. In other words, good news. Guess it ain't :(

Back to Irma and it looks like the forecast track has shifted again to the west and is barely making landfall south of the tampa area.

Could mean more trouble

Key West still not even showing gale force sustained winds yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Back to Irma and it looks like the forecast track has shifted again to the west and is barely making landfall south of the tampa area.

Could mean more trouble

A lot of people up that coast thought they'd miss the worst of it, now it looks like they'll be getting the brunt of Irma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭traco

Just taken from weather channel
    0500 EDT / 1000 GMT
    Not much thats not been said above but maybe some might want to see the vids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Looks like most cams are now down that have been previously posted here. Anybody have links to live ones? I'm guessing it's nearly day break.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Key West still not even showing gale force sustained winds yet.

Nope but pressure stil dropping like a stone, now at 971.6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

It was a tough debate

Had he two pints in one hand :)

Advertisement