Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting & Transport

Options
  • 04-09-2017 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

I know that this board is a bit contentious at the moment, but I really feel there needs to be something done about the moderation.

Some actions by moderators have left me puzzled. Posts that clearly break the forum charter by certain members about a certain topic are ignored even when reported. I myself have been frustrated by this and have broken the rules as a result, which has lead me to getting a (well deserved) warning.

It was only until I actually quoted the charter to a mod in a PM was the original offending post dealt with... Some hours after my original report and after my post was reported in the same thread.

We don't need to reinvent the wheel in C&T. I enjoy posting for the most part and have learned to keep away from threads involving unions due to lopsided moderation, but something like a declaration of interest thread is vitally needed in such a hostile atmosphere that needs better balanced moderation.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You should direct your concerns initially to the local mods

Assuming you have done that, have you contacted the relevant CMod(s)?

Looking at the specifics of your recent yellow card, which you accept was warranted, you are suggesting an inconsistency when the other post you complained about was also actioned, so at face value I'm not seeing what the issue is.

I appreciate there is a lot of disruption within the forum at present, and that means mods, CMods and indeed Admins are keeping their eyes out for the inevitable troublemaker. The fact it took a little while for the mods to act on your complaint does not look at all unreasonable

You raise the topic of declaration of interest in the forum. That has been tried before and failed. Not only that but it compromises the anonymity of posters and I am seeing absolutely no reason for that to be re-introduced. Posters should simply recognise they are dealing with anonymous counterparties and judge posts accordingly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

No the inconsistency was the offending post being ignored by mods until I had to point out how it broke the charter by PM. It was only sanctioned after that and after my post was sanctioned in the same thread earlier on. The excuse that the mods were too busy doesn't wash in this instance.
    Posters should simply recognise they are dealing with anonymous counterparties and judge posts accordingly

Posters do recognize that, but it's the inconsistency in moderation towards certain viewpoints that is troubling and at time outright biased.

As I see I'm not going to get any joy from the Boards team, I have no choice but to withdraw from posting in C&T.

All the best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement