Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider 2 - fan remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

That looks great. Surprised it hasn't been shut down by Square-Enix yet. I played through the original last year and this remake is very reminiscent of it, but modernised like Tomb Raider: Anniversary.

I didn't realise I wanted a TRII: Anniversary edition, or that it's been 10 years already since the TR: Anniversary release :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think I read yesterday that it has the full support of Crystal Dynamics (as long as the author doesn't profit from it) so it won't be shut down. Looks great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That looks fantastic for a fan remake.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That is so ****ing impressive! TR 2 was my favourite in the series. 1 was epic but 2 just upped it's game. I still remember the Italy level so well even though I haven't played it since it was first released. Would buy an anniversary remake edition in a heartbeat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I much prefer the first game, especially after playing them again recently. TR2 added a lot more but lost a lot of the charm.

Still, we have a fantastic remake of the first already and this looks insanely good for an amateur project. It would look insanely good for a professional project.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,516 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Incredible attention to detail, truly remarkable. I always loved TR2.

If the same level of detail and design is incorporated into the rest of the game it should be a real treat. Personally I loved the shipwreck and the ice caverns in the original TR2 and judging by how well the underground and flooded areas look in the above video they should turn out beautifully!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Damn, i'll play that! Been waiting for an Anniversary remake of it, but this will certainly suffice!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if it is being allowed by the developers that most likely means there be no official remake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

This was my favourite game growing up, played all the series but 2 was the best by far. He better have those ninja Tibetian monks back or there'll be hell! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sugarman wrote: »
    ...feck ye anyway! Thought there was a new update. Why bother commenting "omg" on an 8 month old thread? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Spammer.

and now yours is the only post we can see.
    Was there ever really a Cili to beging with ?....maybe you res'd the thread.
    Conspiracy !!!:rolleyes::cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement